Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Time to put "Survivor" on the tv

I DVR it because I hate the commercial interruptions .

Who are you rooting for ? I am rooting for Sydney who lives in Brooklyn,Tiffany who lives in LI,Danny and DeShawn.

My 17 year old granddaughter watches the show and we discuss it afterwards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

Have not made chicken or veal Marsala in years , but I love it , need to make it soon. We do order veal scaloppine  often at our favorite Italian restaurant.

I wish we didn't live so far away from restaurants. :classic_sad: That is one bad thing about living in the suburbs. :classic_smile: It is a big deal to go out to dinner. We haven't been out to dinner since Feb. 2020 when we were in New Orleans. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I wish we didn't live so far away from restaurants. :classic_sad: That is one bad thing about living in the suburbs. :classic_smile: It is a big deal to go out to dinner. We haven't been out to dinner since Feb. 2020 when we were in New Orleans. 

We have many restaurants in our small town and in neighboring towns,primarily Italian and Seafood.We have not been out to dinner since Feb.8,2020 with a couple who also post on CC.They primarily cruise on Princess line ships.

When we lived in NYC most of the times we ate out was in LI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only fish I eat are shrimp and calimari .

I think shrimp is on the kosher bad list too. 

When my cholesterol was high, my mom said to eat more fish. I told her I had been eating a lot more shrimp and crab. She informed me that they are very high in cholesterol. (and not fish) But they taste good. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I DVR it because I hate the commercial interruptions .

Who are you rooting for ? I am rooting for Sydney who lives in Brooklyn,Tiffany who lives in LI,Danny and DeShawn.

My 17 year old granddaughter watches the show and we discuss it afterwards.

I also DVR survivor. But we watch it while recording it and then watch it again at a later time (days later) fast forwarding thru all the commercials. 

No favorites yet. Too early. Now if we're talking those that need to go now. That's easy.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

When my cholesterol was high, my mom said to eat more fish. I told her I had been eating a lot more shrimp and crab. She informed me that they are very high in cholesterol. (and not fish) But they taste good. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

I spent 25 years working for a company with 99 % of the employees being Italian.We went out to Italian restaurants every Friday for lunch and many Fridays for dinner.I never had a problem with cholesterol .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I also DVR survivor. But we watch it while recording it and then watch it again at a later time (days later) fast forwarding thru all the commercials. 

No favorites yet. Too early. Now if we're talking those that need to go now. That's easy.

Who should go in your opinion ?

I've been meaning to post this. We have had a flock of acorn woodpeckers coming to the bird feeder this year. We are not great photographers either, and they are fast.... but cool looking birds. 

Acorn Woodpecker.JPG

This is what they look like in a pro photo: 

Pro photo.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you,, Bonnie!

Definitely not being super sensitive....both sides of the Holocaust?  Horrendous😢

Maryann, I can't thank you enough for your kind words.

36 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Unless it's totally medically unsafe for you, I would be very careful what I eat for awhile and then err on the side of deliciousness every now and then, not too often.🍤🦀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Unless it's totally medically unsafe for you, I would be very careful what I eat for awhile and then err on the side of deliciousness every now and then, not too often.🍤🦀

I had to give up shellfish for a long time because of Graves Disease hyperthyroidism anyway, because of the iodine. All better now, except for the damage to my eyes. Everything in moderation. I love shrimp and crab, clams, mussels. Lobster is okay. Alaskan King Crab is nature's most perfect food. IMO. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 8

7 hours ago, island lady said:

When Bucky was overseas...before he retired...I would make my favorite meal (he hated)....Chicken Livers and a side of Lima Beans.  😄 😄 

I'd love to give this a "heart" like. The lima beans are great...but the chicken livers? I just can't. We did buy them for the dogs tho. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Nice sunny day and 62°F.

I called at the Dermatologist this morning.

I was told I have a basal cell carcinoma on my face and put on the waiting list to get it removed.

Take care.

Graham

How long is the waiting list?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How long is the waiting list?

With covid the dermatologist said it could be 2 months+ possibly up to 6 months

It has to be done at the hospital with plastic surgeon apparently.

I have to wait for the hospital to contact me.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

With covid the dermatologist said it could be 2 months+ possibly up to 6 months

It has to be done at the hospital with plastic surgeon apparently.

I have to wait for the hospital to contact me.

Graham.

All the best Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m don’t even care which ship I sail on, just want a cruise!

I first booked Harmony for March 20, then ‘21, then ‘22! I’m going to make it this time no matter what. 
I booked Allure for August because it was the longest cruise round trip out of Florida…8 measly days. 
I am so looking forward to getting this big bump in my road taken care of and being able to anticipate getting out on the ocean!

Which week in August?

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'd love to give this a "heart" like. The lima beans are great...but the chicken livers? I just can't. We did buy them for the dogs tho. 

LOL...yeah, they are not for everyone.  😉   And actually are soooo bad for you.  😮