Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Same thing at all the Walmarts here in the Florida Panhandle as we travel from place to place.  The tourists are cleaning the shelves very quickly of chips, snacks, water, beer, and hot dogs.  All the food requirements I guess.  😉 

Oh no!  I was hoping we wouldn’t have to bring all those in the car with us when we come to the Florida house we rented in December. 

• Like 3

Beautiful, clear morning here today.  Did an early morning walk at the lake, because I have a dentist appointment this morning. 

How about a couple lake pictures?   (No snakes, although I have plenty more as well as videos 🤣🤣)

904E1EA9-2E81-4F50-9FCA-F6D991BD0511.thumb.jpeg.a339168922f9861402987f810ae84a59.jpeg

These had a little bright spot since I was a couple minutes late getting there 

8CDD39E3-6219-4520-A917-50F7D34CB232.thumb.jpeg.5823ff87273397054751d021291d06bf.jpeg

And after the sun was up. 

0435D7BF-85A2-4E92-A0C6-F46184CC4FDE.thumb.jpeg.bcc739af4d8ac22a90cbc387508b6d4b.jpeg

Did have an eagle fly low, overhead, but was too slow for a picture. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning

Two shortages I have noticed in the Youngstown area.  I cannot find liquid cascade and frozen breakfast waffles are slim pickens.

Plenty of TP, and paper towels (generic, not bounty at Sams).

Tons of potato chips and chippy products at Sams.

Now the newlyweds have complained when they lived in Kentucky they could not find BUFFALO TRACE bourbon.  Well it was fully stocked on the Symphony of the Seas, probably been there the whole time the ship was not sailing. Bought them two bottles for Christmas.

But, when at Sams the shelves were rearranged more than usual, so if something was missing I did not notice it yet if I did not need it.

OMG, tons of Laundry detergent but the price of All has gone up by $3 and the size of the container has shrunken.

Marketing at its finast.

Take care 

I also use All laundry detergent and noticed the price increase as well as less product.  I'm pretty sure used to be 100 ounces now 88 ounces.

I can get liquid cascade but have not been able to get the small bottles of rinse for spot free.  

I heard on morning news Proctor & Gamble announced they have to increase prices on many products due to freight and labor issues.  Ugghhh!

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I also use All laundry detergent and noticed the price increase as well as less product.  I'm pretty sure used to be 100 ounces now 88 ounces.

I can get liquid cascade but have not been able to get the small bottles of rinse for spot free.  

I heard on morning news Proctor & Gamble announced they have to increase prices on many products due to freight and labor issues.  Ugghhh!

New and improved oftentimes means higher prices and smaller quantity.

In this instance, I do believe labor issues exist.  As mentioned previously in here, Help Wanted signs are plentiful.  Sad commentary.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful story of a beautiful little girl that is very lucky to be part of your loving family.

I grew up with a very good friend that was adopted as a young toddler.  He always loved telling people he was adopted and how his family picked him.

+1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

they could not find BUFFALO TRACE bourbon. 

Used to be able to get it anywhere anytime. Now it's allocated and when the stores do have it 

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice thin crust Margarita.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Looks very tasty. I hope your day is grand.

41 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

8CDD39E3-6219-4520-A917-50F7D34CB232.thumb.jpeg.5823ff87273397054751d021291d06bf.jpeg

Beautiful I love this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We recently bought a new washer and dryer, washer just uses exactly what it needs so I am sure we will be buying a lot less detergent, we buy all that stuff at sams so it’s pretty cheap. We love Wednesday since we go to our favorite supper club to listen to one of our favorite singers, her husband plays for Dallas symphony.

• Like 5

@BonTexasNYThat is a wonderful story! 

@A&L_OntForgot to mention this last night.  I struggled with the problems at top but they came back to me once I saw the answers.  By the time I got to the "Greek" math problems at the bottom I decided to give up.  I used to do well in math, just loved the QBA courses I took in college but it seems that simple math (like making change) seems hard to do some days.

@jagsfanMimi,  positive thoughts coming your way today and in the future!     

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Beautiful, clear morning here today.  Did an early morning walk at the lake, because I have a dentist appointment this morning. 

How about a couple lake pictures?   (No snakes, although I have plenty more as well as videos 🤣🤣)

904E1EA9-2E81-4F50-9FCA-F6D991BD0511.thumb.jpeg.a339168922f9861402987f810ae84a59.jpeg

And after the sun was up. 

0435D7BF-85A2-4E92-A0C6-F46184CC4FDE.thumb.jpeg.bcc739af4d8ac22a90cbc387508b6d4b.jpeg

Did have an eagle fly low, overhead, but was too slow for a picture. 

Now, THOSE pictures are delightful!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you tried other stores?  

I never buy soda in Walmart.  I find prices are usually higher than other stores. 

Interesting Coca-Cola fact:

Coca-Cola was invented in 1885 by John Pemberton, a pharmacist from Atlanta, Georgia, who concocted the original formula in his backyard. Pemberton’s recipe contained cocaine—in the form of an extract of the coca leaf, which inspired the “Coca” part of the beverage’s name. The “Cola” in the name comes from the kola nut, which contains caffeine, another stimulant.

At the time of Coca-Cola’s invention, cocaine was legal and a common ingredient in medicines. It was thought not to be harmful in small doses.

Caffeine was removed in 1929.

Online Kroger shows they have cans, I may go check.

I have heard the Coke story before.  In the 70’s they made TSOTD that had Cocaine written across them using the Cola lettering.

Not sure if we would want to try it but I would guess if you wanted the original taste just sprinkle a little cocaine into a glass of coke.  😂 (Do not try this at home)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, George C said:

, my nice and godchild just had another brain surgery, she had 40 or so surgeries in her 40 or so years . 

I hope your niece is doing well after her last surgery🙏

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When she was little, a toddler, she loved to hear the story of when we brought her home from out of state on a plane.  She was 5 days old on her first plane ride!  She also loves when I tell her not only did I carry her in my heart before she was born but that a part of her will always remain there.  

How lucky for your baby girl ( now a momma herself) to have been sent to two loving parents.  What a beautiful and loving story she has grown up with .❤️

Jim's aunt adopted MaryJane, from Korea, back in the 70's.  MaryJane was 4 years old when she was adopted, and adapted very quickly to her loving family.  Jim's cousin, after growing up with MaryJane, went on to adopt two beautiful girls from China.

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

She was really interested in this big one, but it was too heavy for her to hold. 
6F9F40BE-F43E-4D89-9C45-F1702818459B.thumb.jpeg.3d3e31cbf16d32a885fd71bc2bf1c6c3.jpeg

Good grief!!!!

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory update:

Her sonogram will be Thursday at 10 AM.Thursday night we will be celebrating my daughters birthday.We were originally planning to order in food from her favorite LI restaurant but decided to have Mallory’s favorite food and dessert will be my daughters favorites.

🙏Mallory is in my thoughts and prayers,  I'm so glad that Toby is now getting her PT and will be feeling more like herself soon.

• Like 5

I just wanted to put this out there.  I've been praying for little "Mighty" Kennedy Ganz since reading about and supporting the Ganz family on a GoFund me on my FB thread.  The Ganz family live in my township.    Baby Kennedy was born way too early;  a Micro-Preemie, Kennedy weighed 800 grams and was a tiny 31.5 centimeters long,  He has gone through so many procedures and is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow,  Kennedy is now 8 months old and has been living in CHOPS since his birth.  The family is hoping that if successful, Kennedy could be going home for the first time, and join his two older sisters,.  Prayers and positive vibes and healing energy would be appreciated for this child.  Tomorrow will be a life changing day for Kennedy and his family.  Thank you.🙏

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I just wanted to put this out there.  I've been praying for little "Mighty" Kennedy Ganz since reading about and supporting the Ganz family on a GoFund me on my FB thread.  The Ganz family live in my township.    Baby Kennedy was born way too early;  a Micro-Preemie, Kennedy weighed 800 grams and was a tiny 31.5 centimeters long,  He has gone through so many procedures and is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow,  Kennedy is now 8 months old and has been living in CHOPS since his birth.  The family is hoping that if successful, Kennedy could be going home for the first time, and join his two older sisters,.  Prayers and positive vibes and healing energy would be appreciated for this child.  Tomorrow will be a life changing day for Kennedy and his family.  Thank you.🙏

🙏

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I debated mentioning the following but this thread does make it easy to open up.  

She's adopted since she was just a few days old AND she really does have Jack's good looks and my brain, sometimes!.   Good guess on Dani's part! 

Bonnie, I too hesitated a lot before "submit your reply" -- thinking may be my attempt at a bit of humor [since, as @George C mentioned, we have some sad health stories lately],  to lighten the mood, will not be understood as such.

Your adoption story is very moving, and I'm so happy that both "parties" lucked out 🥰

16 hours ago, George C said:

I can’t believe the idiotic state I live in, the state passes a rule saying you need to show both responses to all issues , including the holocaust.

Sorry, I didn't understand.... where do u need that?

There was a news story on this on national news. I love this thread but so many sad health stories, my nice and godchild just had another brain surgery, she had 40 or so surgeries in her 40 or so years . 

Hopefully, this last one will bring a final remedy to your niece.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice thin crust Margarita.

I wish I was there too, even though you don't look like you'll need any help from me to finish it 😉

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Baby Kennedy was born way too early;  is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow,  Thank you.🙏

🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back from my marathon session with the dentist this morning.  If I knew all he was going to do today, I would have postponed till after the cruise. 

We got our reminder from CVS for our COVID tests tomorrow morning, so that is a good sign.  And thankfully, we are still symptom free from our time with the grandkids last Sunday.  

Maybe time for some more preventative maintenance.😂😂

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I can’t believe the idiotic state I live in, the state passes a rule saying you need to show both responses to all issues , including the holocaust.

Sorry, I didn't understand.... where do u need that?

It was a misunderstanding in one Texas school district of a new state law. They have clarified and apologized. Obviously, there should be no debate over the horrific event of the holocaust.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/us/holocaust-texas-school.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I will also be praying and positive thoughts for Mighty Kennedy.    I cannot imagine having your baby at the hospital for 8 months.    Hoping he will be home very soon🥰

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Terrific!  Sounds like a wonderful plan.  Happy Birthday to your Daughter🥰

I have to ask.  What is Mallorys favorite food and Daughters favorite desert?

Mallory’s favorite food is Macaroni and Cheese.Her mother’s favorite desert is ice cream .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I hope your niece is doing well after her last surgery🙏

How lucky for your baby girl ( now a momma herself) to have been sent to two loving parents.  What a beautiful and loving story she has grown up with .❤️

Jim's aunt adopted MaryJane, from Korea, back in the 70's.  MaryJane was 4 years old when she was adopted, and adapted very quickly to her loving family.  Jim's cousin, after growing up with MaryJane, went on to adopt two beautiful girls from China.

Good grief!!!!

🙏Mallory is in my thoughts and prayers,  I'm so glad that Toby is now getting her PT and will be feeling more like herself soon.

Shopping and PT yesterday,shopping today ..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

@BonTexasNYThat is a wonderful story! 

@A&L_OntForgot to mention this last night.  I struggled with the problems at top but they came back to me once I saw the answers.  By the time I got to the "Greek" math problems at the bottom I decided to give up.  I used to do well in math, just loved the QBA courses I took in college but it seems that simple math (like making change) seems hard to do some days.

@jagsfanMimi,  positive thoughts coming your way today and in the future!     

Thank you. I hope this comment makes it, because I feel like my hands have been tied behind  my back and my mouth taped. CC is driving me mad!

My surgeon does intend to operate after an ok from my heart doctor. 
He might have to do open surgery instead of laparoscopic because of two big scars on my abdomen. 
They look like someone hit me with a machete. Botched gall bladder surgery and 2nd gall bladder surgery 4 days later. 
Anyway, I just want to get it done. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 12