Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

She read about them once but doesn’t have the recipe written down but this is the basic process. 

Cut the potatoes in half and parboil them until just tender. Then drain. The skin falls off them which is the plan. Then put them in the fridge to cool.  

When read to cook put on cookie sheet with cut side up. Brush with oil and favourite seasoning. Cook until headed through and brown approx 20/30 minutes. The outside is crispy and the inside is soft. 

This is somewhat similar to how I make hash browns.  I bake potatoes the day before and put them in the fridge.  The next day I peel them and fry in a little oil or butter.  Something about cooking then chilling makes the best, crispy potatoes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Has anyone watched “Below Deck Down Under” on Peacock? We watched the first two episodes last night. It’s really good if you are a below deck fan?

After seeing your note we found it.  It's only on Peacock (for now, at least).  

Anyone that likes the Below Deck series on Bravo would like it.  We enjoyed the three episodes that are up now and will watch new episodes each Thursday.

Getting in and out of that harbor, for a boat like the one on the show, would be a nightmare!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

im not in a rush now. I want to heal with this one. I’m amazed at how much it takes out of you. I’ve got cruises in September, October and March of 2023 so if I do it I will wait till after the March cruise.

You’ve been infected with a bug no antibiotic will cure .  It’s called the cruise bug and it is long lasting and sometimes costly. 

Wise choice on the delay of second knee surgery.   

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Since my hubby and I took a short vacation to Florida, I haven’ been reading CC very much. This thread is a reflection of life- both happy and sad.

I am pleased to read about cruise travels,engagements, and celebrations. Special birthday wishes to Dani and Pauline !

It is very concerning to hear about those experiencing physical pain, illness and loss. 

Sending special good health wishes to @Sea Dog and John’s Amanda that they overcome their challenges and return to good health.

I am posting some photos of our stay in Florida. It was a bit difficult to leave the sunshine and the kind staff who took care of us. But, all good things come to an end. We are glad to be home and know that Spring is on the way.

Wishing all who post here a lovely day!

3EBEF99A-90F4-47E8-9F34-F16206796E55.jpeg

365461B3-A697-442B-805D-11A7D4E963B4.jpeg

6D52788B-9808-4EA1-8914-6B2AB014D43E.jpeg

DB6BFA4F-C4F7-49A0-8260-3437F8C3F23F.jpeg

1B1761F8-70B5-49D4-BE8E-33E5D5ADB92E.jpeg

1F1AB3E6-DBC5-41A1-9344-26C026FCE2C1.jpeg

C06D9786-B6F5-4BFD-831A-01C18068A7CD.jpeg

Your pictures are beautiful!

Where is home for you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Sue, for your heartfelt wishes. The picture posted and is beautiful. No worries about being a couple of days late... My BFF throw a brunch for me and our HS friends today 😁, so "late" b'day wishes are always and fondly appreciated 😘

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.d255195b3c8dbd3ec8a5369a3d212921.jpg

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.02472b99f9349e5a8c29bfd1fb5d7134.jpg

You all look great!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You’ve been infected with a bug no antibiotic will cure .  It’s called the cruise bug and it is long lasting and sometimes costly. 

Wise choice on the delay of second knee surgery.   

Yep Linda and I gave decided that’s what we will live for in retirement. I have no greater joy than when I’m on a ship.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't know if Twangster's review had photos of the contortionist, but BennyBrun's did: 

I cringed when I saw that contortionist picture when it was originally posted.  Very disturbing, to me anyway.

Potato question:  Do you turn the potatoes or just bake them on one side?  

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I cut them in cubes also.  Sprinkle a little oil and seasoning and pop them in the oven until crispy.

No par boiling.  My nephews call them Aunt Marietta’s potatoes🙂

This is how we do our wedges as well as mini potatoes. A delicious way to enjoy them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

She read about them once but doesn’t have the recipe written down but this is the basic process. 

Cut the potatoes in half and parboil them until just tender. Then drain. The skin falls off them which is the plan. Then put them in the fridge to cool.  

When read to cook put on cookie sheet with cut side up. Brush with oil and favourite seasoning. Cook until headed through and brown approx 20/30 minutes. The outside is crispy and the inside is soft. 

What oven temp for these? They look so good.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Sue, for your heartfelt wishes. The picture posted and is beautiful. No worries about being a couple of days late... My BFF throw a brunch for me and our HS friends today 😁, so "late" b'day wishes are always and fondly appreciated 😘

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.d255195b3c8dbd3ec8a5369a3d212921.jpg

PHOTO-2021-11-21-12-24-11.thumb.jpg.02472b99f9349e5a8c29bfd1fb5d7134.jpg

Beautiful picture. Everyone looks so happy.

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:39 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Tap Factory

By show time the theater was about 60% full

3D31A495-6B18-4E6B-A167-C8720FA7216F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I don't know if Twangster's review had photos of the contortionist, but BennyBrun's did: 

Thanks for the info. If someone had posted a video of him I wasn't going to sit thru another Tap Factory. It's good, but I don't usually go to the same show as the week before. We will see how it turns out since I cut my diamond lounge time short. 😁

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

D7219F49-9928-4AE9-8D96-F4658F306329.thumb.jpeg.6ca274758b6cdd1186b37fc3af877751.jpeg

Dessert was apple pie (no raisins obviously) and brownies. 

Love the table cloth. I had carrots and raisins at lunch today. I like raisins but it wasn't ad good as I thought it would be.

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the table cloth.

Sharon has decorations for every holiday. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had carrots and raisins at lunch today.  I like raisins but it wasn't ad good as I thought it would be.

These are sentences you will never hear me say. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hope dropping off car, is just dropping key in a drop box....seems a little tight  dropping off luggage at cruise terminal not knowing what you will run into there and then doubling back to  car rental by 1pm.

and I-295 or I-95 are never a picnic, never know how those highways can be. Unpredictable.

So true, we had made it to budget rental at 12:59 after lots of traffic then google directions to budget sent us a big loop twice.   Budget guy said it happens all the time with their location,, might have helped if he answered his phone when we called several times.

Oh well. We made it and everyone is doing great!

Headed to see Led Zeppelin tribute band in Music Hall.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@lenquixote66 My hubby and I are rooting for St Peter’s also. Had to turn off the game last night got- too nerve racking to get to sleep !

I checked the scores this morning- so pleased Peacocks are in the Sweet 16!

It seems we tend to root for the underdog. Also, a dear friend was a professor of Sociology there.

It’s David vs.Goliath 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That would be amazing even if they could win one more game and advance to the Elite 8 but I think their next game may just a little bit to much for them to handle. I think you will see the next team will be so much bigger and more physical then  them and over power them.

Sounds like you may have found a new way to make wine..........burning rubber on a bag of a raisins........:)

Anything can happen in a game of basketball or virtually any other sport.

I think that many people will be rooting for St.Peters.I think the odds on them winning prior to the tournament were 3000-1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NHProud said:

The photography and the scenery are probably the redeeming features of this program.  I don’t care for reality TV .  

Is there talk of your second knee surgery ? 

Waiting for the Duke and Michigan State game to start which will be tense . I like coach K and want him to go out with a win however we have a history with MSU. 

I do not like coach K and was rooting for Michigan St.I also had them in my pool .

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Not always the case.

Next up for St.Peters..................Purdue BoilerMakers the # 2 seed

Dang looking at the Arizona game right now, wow they have some huge guys, looks like an NBA team. Tight game with TCU though. Couple minutes to go 1pt lead for TCU.........Another # 1 may fall.

Edited by Jimbo

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay, I wouldn’t dare ask this question anywhere but here.  I’m starting to think about packing for our upcoming cruise and any shopping I might “need” to do.  I honestly cannot remember - are men are allowed to wear dress shorts & a collared shirt  in the dining room for dinner?  

Not a problem at all.  

Might raise some eyebrows on "formal" nights, when one might want to wear long pants instead.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For dinner Sharon made pork roast. 

D9C04C5A-3619-49F4-A328-2356C8BD1B9F.thumb.jpeg.d605ad3c816789b4799208967f920a52.jpeg

Ceaser salad, corn and crispy roasted potatoes accompanied it. Gravy too.😋

D7219F49-9928-4AE9-8D96-F4658F306329.thumb.jpeg.6ca274758b6cdd1186b37fc3af877751.jpeg

E2914B82-97F7-4777-84F3-0B89909E7F41.thumb.jpeg.2b81cc88dbafbba35ca82e6319c0667d.jpeg

Dessert was apple pie (no raisins obviously) and brownies. 

3BDC84D5-85CC-49CC-B265-A76BDAB564FE.thumb.jpeg.a05281e5de348f0adb5fdd3d133a403e.jpeg

2B7BBDEC-3F00-4298-B878-CEA1E90132DB.thumb.jpeg.34a58afbc8d1497b02b92ebb370244eb.jpeg

Mmmm, apple pie and Brownies are my husbands favourite two desserts

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay, I wouldn’t dare ask this question anywhere but here.  I’m starting to think about packing for our upcoming cruise and any shopping I might “need” to do.  I honestly cannot remember - are men are allowed to wear dress shorts & a collared shirt  in the dining room for dinner?  

Good Morning Deb,   Yes, that is just fine for your Anthem sailing or any other sailing.    

FYI, I asked Bartender at Music Hall to order extra mint leaves for mojitos for next couple of weeks.

I have not yet seen any shortages of anything.  Will keep you posted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pattention waiting for sunrise to take a photo.  I just realized I have not yet taken any photos with this new phone.

Heading DL to see about coffee.

Looking forward to reading about your cruise. How is the wifi working for your husband?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looking forward to reading about your cruise. How is the wifi working for your husband?

We just finished our breakfast and going to head to library/computer area to try laptop now.🤞

Yesterday we passed voom help desk and head IT guy recognized us and asked how we are doing.   He then called us aside and told us he felt bad for all our problems with vPN in Jan and asked us for cabin number so he can give us free surf and stream for this cruise.  We bought 2 device pkg months ago but he said he will credit our acct.   So that is really nice, hopefully it works.

• Like 16