Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Which vaccine did he get. We got the Pfizer 2 doses and they were 3 weeks apart. Is there a different lag time for adults and minors? Just curious.

There are different time frames here in Canada because of procurement and vaccine shortages.  He got Pfizer.  Normally it is a 21 day wait, like you had.

When I got my shot of Pfizer it was a 112 day delay.  My second dose is July 18.  His age group of 12-18 is the first to have a shortened time frame of 56 days here in Ontario. The only group that got their shots within 3 weeks were those who live LTC. Can’t officially speak for the rest of Canada but I think they are the same.

I had a uncle that died in WW1 in 1918 in France, strange thing he had a sister who died in a car accident same day in nyc , my dad was born in 1917 and eventually changed his name to that of his brother George. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

He says thank-you to all. His second dose is in 56 days. Originally we though it would be 112 days so that was a wonderful surprise.

D3A9159E-54D4-4EE5-8C8C-A85B4941DBC9.thumb.jpeg.9f6b30cfa4a5a481668039664a2ff85c.jpeg

Congrats. Does this now affect the things he can now do or were there not really things that were prohibited? Sports, etc?

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats. Does this now affect the things he can now do or were there not really things that were prohibited? Sports, etc?

No.  Our province is still in lockdown until June 14th and we go from there. Once the 14th hits and things remain the same ball practice can begin with limited numbers. IMO I think in August/September Canada will be where you are now.

Things can always go quicker, but as of now we only have 60% with one shot and 5% with two shots. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

Our only cruise to Bermuda was on Celebrity from NY and we spent a couple of days in Hamilton and then the ship went over to the other side for a couple of days

The ship we were on nearly went over to another side as we were in a violent storm on the way home that the Captain was not expecting.

How was my day today ,you ask ?

I felt as though I was in a horror film.At one AM my wife was screaming.She was in the bathroom and it was full of blood,on her,on the floor,on the walls.A vein on one of her legs somehow opened and blood was gushing .She suffers from a problem similiar to hemophilia .

I called 911 and also one of my daughters.Two police officers and an ambulance came.The EMT was able to stop the blood from flowing and my wife did not have to go to the hospital .

Later today when things calmed down one of the water pipes in our house somehow broke and water was gushing all over our kitchen.

An unbelievable day.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I felt as though I was in a horror film

OMG

That would cause me major stress.

Here is to better days ahead.

Glad your wife is OK, praying for healing.

And your pipes.

We had a mini flood in our kitchen when the dishwasher decided to leak everywhere.

Expensively painful, and frustrating.

Take care.

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I felt as though I was in a horror film.At one AM my wife was screaming.She was in the bathroom and it was full of blood,on her,on the floor,on the walls.A vein on one of her legs somehow opened and blood was gushing .She suffers from a problem similiar to hemophilia .

I called 911 and also one of my daughters.Two police officers and an ambulance came.The EMT was able to stop the blood from flowing and my wife did not have to go to the hospital .

Later today when things calmed down one of the water pipes in our house somehow broke and water was gushing all over our kitchen.

An unbelievable day.

Very scary! So glad the EMTs were able to tend to your wife so that she didn't have to go to the hospital. Hopefully, your kitchen will dry out, pipe will be repaired and you can put this all behind you.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, but not on this thread.

I poked around on some of the other threads a few nights ago. Seems like not much has changed in the CC dynamics past several months.

I posted twice and one was deleted. Figures it was Bee related on Johns food thread.

Everything status quo. Hanging in there and waiting........

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

An unbelievable day.

Sounded like an awful day.

Pleased to hear your wife thankfully is okay.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

.At one AM my wife was screaming. She was in the bathroom and it was full of blood, on her, on the floor, on the walls. A vein on one of her legs somehow opened and blood was gushing .

Very scary and frightening situation.

Luckily, you heard her and were able to summon help immediately.

Take care.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

An unbelievable day.

Wow Lenny.  Definitely sounds like a horror film.  Glad that the EMTs were able to stop your wife's bleeding.  

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

An unbelievable day.

Omg!  That's sounds scary.  Thank god the EMTs were able to stop the bleeding.

Sorry to hear about your bursted pipe.