Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
picture

Princess Announces Cruise Cancellations thru June 30 - Retitled after merge

Recommended Posts

interested in this for some reason ...

 

Each ship will have a unique return to service date, based on the previously published cruise itineraries, with some modifications, departing after July 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

  • Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

This looks as though Princess does not need Fit To Sail signed by Doctor.

 

Where did you see that?  I looked on the advisories page and couldn't find it.

 

Edited to add:  Never mind, found it here and the PDF accessible through the link was just updated today  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/keeping-you-safe-and-healthy/

Edited by azbirdmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 .." For those who have paid in full, we hope you will stick with us by accepting Option 1 below, which requires no action from you, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring the money paid for your cruise or cruisetour as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus an additional 25% bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. Alternatively, you can request Option 2 and receive a refund for all money paid on your booking through this online compensation form. If we don't hear from you by May 31, you will automatically receive Option 1. If you have not paid in full, Option 2 will be your default and any money paid will be refunded to the original payment form."

 

  👍  as they say in the stock market, " go long".  We'll take Option 1. as having paid in full bookings at the end of this year and more well into 2021 season.  Hang in there Carnival we'll be by your side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Where did you see that?  I looked on the advisories page and couldn't find it.

On the main home page they have a banner 'Cruise With Confidence ------' If you click on Details it has sections on various topics, look at details under "Keeping you Safe and Healthy'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, c-boy said:

 .." For those who have paid in full, we hope you will stick with us by accepting Option 1 below, which requires no action from you, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring the money paid for your cruise or cruisetour as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus an additional 25% bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. Alternatively, you can request Option 2 and receive a refund for all money paid on your booking through this online compensation form. If we don't hear from you by May 31, you will automatically receive Option 1. If you have not paid in full, Option 2 will be your default and any money paid will be refunded to the original payment form."

 

  👍  as they say in the stock market, " go long".  We'll take Option 1. as having paid in full bookings at the end of this year and more well into 2021 season.  Hang in there Carnival we'll be by your side.

Sad part is they are canceling Alaska cruises/tours for June....but yet not allowing us to use the FCC until the same time in 2022...Alaska isnt even open 5/1/22...we just had our cruisetour in June canceled.......waiting to hear if princess will honor and hold our monies/fcc and be able to use it on a similar cruisetour in June 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was hoping my late July Alaska cruise would be safe.  Too bad.  I was looking at taking the 125% FCC option, but next year's Alaska cruise are almost exactly 25% more!  I'll probably just take the cash refund and try to get a somewhat last minute deal for next year as it gets closer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

 

So sad 😪.  All of the planning and no reward . . . .

 

Yes, a little disappointing but I do commend Princess for canceling my August cruise way ahead of time rather than me not knowing if I should make my final payment down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

 

Yes, a little disappointing but I do commend Princess for canceling my August cruise way ahead of time rather than me not knowing if I should make my final payment down the road. 

Agreed. I had a mid-September Alaska cruise reserved, and I'm glad not to have to make the decision whether to make my final payment or not, and just get my deposit back.

 

Someday I'll try Princess. It will happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On the main home page they have a banner 'Cruise With Confidence ------' If you click on Details it has sections on various topics, look at details under "Keeping you Safe and Healthy'

Yes, I found it right after I asked, sorry about that.  There's quite a bit to unpack on the PDF!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Not even the round trip ones that do not stop in Canada?

There are none of those due to the PVSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sad part is they are canceling Alaska cruises/tours for June....but yet not allowing us to use the FCC until the same time in 2022...Alaska isnt even open 5/1/22...we just had our cruisetour in June canceled.......waiting to hear if princess will honor and hold our monies/fcc and be able to use it on a similar cruisetour in June 22

They wont let you use it in 2021??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

They wont let you use it in 2021??

we cant go in 2021, the couple we were going with cant go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Our Policies in a Nutshell

Cruise or cruisetour begins between Your final payment due date Cancel By
July 1 – July 31, 2020 60 days before departure^ 48 hours before departure
August 1 – October 15, 2020 60 days before departure^ 30 days before departure

 

On cruises sailing August 1 through October 15, 2020, you can cancel up to 30 days before you sail and receive the full amount you have paid either as a Future Cruise Credit* and/or as a refund to the original payment method. See our standard cancellation policies for more details.

 

July 1 - July31 had 125% FCC as an encouragement. Not clear why they say 'and/or'. Surely it is FCC or Refund.

 

Our date is Sep 2 2020, Canada New England out of New York. I read the above to say our Final Payment is delayed by 60 Days. Does not make any difference, just longer to make final decision ands easier not to have to bother with refund process.

I have CFAR Insurance.  Can I cancel within 30 days and put in a claim with the insurance company? I'd rather have cash then a credit to my gift cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I have CFAR Insurance.  Can I cancel within 30 days and put in a claim with the insurance company? I'd rather have cash then a credit to my gift cards. 

If you use CFAR with Princess/AON, you get a cruise credit, not cash.

 

AON did not process claims for CFAR last round of cancellations because Princess was refunding people or offering them credit.

Edited by Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is a "underlying, severe, chronic medical condition"??

 

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

  • Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. At least I'd get something for the September 4th cruise. I just can't decide right now if I cancel or risk it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just saw this as well. What good is Cruise Credit if you can't cruise due to a "chronic medical condition"

 

"If you meet any of these criteria, please contact Princess as soon as possible, definitely before you travel to the terminal for embarkation. If you’re unable to sail because of these restrictions, you’ll receive a full cruise credit."

Edited by BIGADORF
Forgot quote marks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

What exactly is a "underlying, severe, chronic medical condition"??

 

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

  • Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

🤔 hmmmm.  yet to be determined .  I want to know who determines said condition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked the website and all cruises are cancelled through June  😥

I would have thought they would have sent emails to the booked cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have filled out the form opting for a refund instead of FCC.   The form asked me for my passport name, birthdate, confirmation number, sailing date and e-mail address.  I promptly received a receipt with just my name on it and no other identifying information.  Guess that'll have to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

What exactly is a "underlying, severe, chronic medical condition"??

 

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

  • Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

Since much of what Princess is now saying is driven by the CDC's No-Sail order, I'd expect they are using language direct from the CDC.

For chronic, check out this link: https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/about/index.htm. You'll find a good definition of chronic there.

 

For underlying and severe, check out this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/underlying-conditions.html

 

I hope that gives everyone some insight as to what Princess is talking about.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No !  that CDC ref. doesn't bode well for me. Cancer survivor and  in another instance, dead for over twelve minutes before my ticker started again.  By those standards they won't let me sail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, gerena said:

Just checked the website and all cruises are cancelled through June  😥

I would have thought they would have sent emails to the booked cruisers.

They will it will either come through your TA if you booked through TA or from Princess, our last cancellation it took 48 hours from announcement.   This group of cancellations if faring better than our last cancellation in May we got offered 100% refund or credit account with $150 on board credit for future cruising this lot of cancellations get 25% off FCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...