Princess Announces Cruise Cancellations thru June 30 - Retitled after merge

picture

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

This looks as though Princess does not need Fit To Sail signed by Doctor.

Where did you see that?  I looked on the advisories page and couldn't find it.

Edited to add:  Never mind, found it here and the PDF accessible through the link was just updated today  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/keeping-you-safe-and-healthy/

Edited by azbirdmom

.." For those who have paid in full, we hope you will stick with us by accepting Option 1 below, which requires no action from you, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring the money paid for your cruise or cruisetour as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus an additional 25% bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. Alternatively, you can request Option 2 and receive a refund for all money paid on your booking through this online compensation form. If we don't hear from you by May 31, you will automatically receive Option 1. If you have not paid in full, Option 2 will be your default and any money paid will be refunded to the original payment form."

👍  as they say in the stock market, " go long".  We'll take Option 1. as having paid in full bookings at the end of this year and more well into 2021 season.  Hang in there Carnival we'll be by your side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Where did you see that?  I looked on the advisories page and couldn't find it.

On the main home page they have a banner 'Cruise With Confidence ------' If you click on Details it has sections on various topics, look at details under "Keeping you Safe and Healthy'

1 minute ago, c-boy said:

.." For those who have paid in full, we hope you will stick with us by accepting Option 1 below, which requires no action from you, and give our team a chance to shine at a later date by transferring the money paid for your cruise or cruisetour as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) plus an additional 25% bonus FCC that can be used on any voyage through May 1, 2022. Alternatively, you can request Option 2 and receive a refund for all money paid on your booking through this online compensation form. If we don't hear from you by May 31, you will automatically receive Option 1. If you have not paid in full, Option 2 will be your default and any money paid will be refunded to the original payment form."

👍  as they say in the stock market, " go long".  We'll take Option 1. as having paid in full bookings at the end of this year and more well into 2021 season.  Hang in there Carnival we'll be by your side.

Sad part is they are canceling Alaska cruises/tours for June....but yet not allowing us to use the FCC until the same time in 2022...Alaska isnt even open 5/1/22...we just had our cruisetour in June canceled.......waiting to hear if princess will honor and hold our monies/fcc and be able to use it on a similar cruisetour in June 22

Yeah, I was hoping my late July Alaska cruise would be safe.  Too bad.  I was looking at taking the 125% FCC option, but next year's Alaska cruise are almost exactly 25% more!  I'll probably just take the cash refund and try to get a somewhat last minute deal for next year as it gets closer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So sad 😪.  All of the planning and no reward . . . .

Yes, a little disappointing but I do commend Princess for canceling my August cruise way ahead of time rather than me not knowing if I should make my final payment down the road. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, a little disappointing but I do commend Princess for canceling my August cruise way ahead of time rather than me not knowing if I should make my final payment down the road. 

Agreed. I had a mid-September Alaska cruise reserved, and I'm glad not to have to make the decision whether to make my final payment or not, and just get my deposit back.

Someday I'll try Princess. It will happen!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On the main home page they have a banner 'Cruise With Confidence ------' If you click on Details it has sections on various topics, look at details under "Keeping you Safe and Healthy'

Yes, I found it right after I asked, sorry about that.  There's quite a bit to unpack on the PDF!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Sad part is they are canceling Alaska cruises/tours for June....but yet not allowing us to use the FCC until the same time in 2022...Alaska isnt even open 5/1/22...we just had our cruisetour in June canceled.......waiting to hear if princess will honor and hold our monies/fcc and be able to use it on a similar cruisetour in June 22

They wont let you use it in 2021??

26 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Our Policies in a Nutshell

Cruise or cruisetour begins between Your final payment due date Cancel By
July 1 – July 31, 2020 60 days before departure^ 48 hours before departure
August 1 – October 15, 2020 60 days before departure^ 30 days before departure

On cruises sailing August 1 through October 15, 2020, you can cancel up to 30 days before you sail and receive the full amount you have paid either as a Future Cruise Credit* and/or as a refund to the original payment method. See our standard cancellation policies for more details.

July 1 - July31 had 125% FCC as an encouragement. Not clear why they say 'and/or'. Surely it is FCC or Refund.

Our date is Sep 2 2020, Canada New England out of New York. I read the above to say our Final Payment is delayed by 60 Days. Does not make any difference, just longer to make final decision ands easier not to have to bother with refund process.

I have CFAR Insurance.  Can I cancel within 30 days and put in a claim with the insurance company? I'd rather have cash then a credit to my gift cards. 

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I have CFAR Insurance.  Can I cancel within 30 days and put in a claim with the insurance company? I'd rather have cash then a credit to my gift cards. 

If you use CFAR with Princess/AON, you get a cruise credit, not cash.

AON did not process claims for CFAR last round of cancellations because Princess was refunding people or offering them credit.

Edited by Coral

What exactly is a "underlying, severe, chronic medical condition"??

• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.

Just saw this as well. What good is Cruise Credit if you can't cruise due to a "chronic medical condition"

"If you meet any of these criteria, please contact Princess as soon as possible, definitely before you travel to the terminal for embarkation. If you’re unable to sail because of these restrictions, you’ll receive a full cruise credit."

Edited by BIGADORF
Forgot quote marks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

🤔 hmmmm.  yet to be determined .  I want to know who determines said condition?

So I have filled out the form opting for a refund instead of FCC.   The form asked me for my passport name, birthdate, confirmation number, sailing date and e-mail address.  I promptly received a receipt with just my name on it and no other identifying information.  Guess that'll have to do. 

41 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

Since much of what Princess is now saying is driven by the CDC's No-Sail order, I'd expect they are using language direct from the CDC.

For chronic, check out this link: https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/about/index.htm. You'll find a good definition of chronic there.

For underlying and severe, check out this link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/underlying-conditions.html

I hope that gives everyone some insight as to what Princess is talking about.

• Like 2

No !  that CDC ref. doesn't bode well for me. Cancer survivor and  in another instance, dead for over twelve minutes before my ticker started again.  By those standards they won't let me sail. 

47 minutes ago, gerena said:

Just checked the website and all cruises are cancelled through June  😥

I would have thought they would have sent emails to the booked cruisers.

They will it will either come through your TA if you booked through TA or from Princess, our last cancellation it took 48 hours from announcement.   This group of cancellations if faring better than our last cancellation in May we got offered 100% refund or credit account with $150 on board credit for future cruising this lot of cancellations get 25% off FCC.

5 minutes ago, c-boy said:

No !  that CDC ref. doesn't bode well for me. Cancer survivor and  in another instance, dead for over twelve minutes before my ticker started again.  By those standards they won't let me sail. 

I know it is really sad, as cruising was so good for people who have health issues enjoyed cruising, as cruise ships catered for them, now I don't know what will happen.