Would you choose any of these ships?

drsel

Whether they made your list or not, I would not hesitate to book and sail on ANY of the ships in the Princess fleet.

I already have done 49 cruises on Princess ships, and intend to continue sailing with Princess as many more times as I can.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully she will be fine.

Thanks - she is young, healthy, and strong (takes after her Mom! Haha).  She was exposed but that doesn't mean she has it and so far she has no symptoms.  She sees a Doc routinely due to her "condition".  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ldubs said:

Thanks - she is young, healthy, and strong (takes after her Mom! Haha).  She was exposed but that doesn't mean she has it and so far she has no symptoms.  She sees a Doc routinely due to her "condition".  

That is great 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, cruiseaholic777 said:

It wasn't the ships that brought the virus on board. I am booked for January 2021. I also love Princess and will cruise with them again.

It's not so much the ships but the way that most of those companies dealt with the crisis.  Which was poorly at best.

• Like 2

Those ones towards the top - I think they’re going to have to change the names and trick people to get enough to make a profit. I will be watching for that. The ones that had only one case I would not be put off by. Glad I already had a chance to sail on Oasis - beautiful ship. I’m already booked on Encore in January and won’t cancel

On 4/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, Aquahound said:

Once this is behind us.....absolutely.  Well, except, I wouldn't choose the ones I wouldn't have chosen pre-COVID. 

The Water dog made the best post in this thread.. 👍

On 4/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, Firepath said:

I would go on any of those as long as I didn't have to go thru NYC!

I love boarding in NYC - just an hour from home —- my problem is that virtually all NYC sailings are on ships I do not want to board - and most of them going places I do not want to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drsel said:

I don't think Aquahound would like to be called "the water dog"

Thanks drsel, but its ok.  My screen name is actually a variation of a maritime Search and Rescue team I was part of, and our team was called the "Water Dogs." 

27 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I love boarding in NYC - just an hour from home —- my problem is that virtually all NYC sailings are on ships I do not want to board - and most of them going places I do not want to go.

Agree mostly carnival and ncl , in past have done some Hal and Princess, we always visit nyc to see friends and shows and eat in some great restaurants.

It’ll be so long before any of these ships sail again that past covid cases really won’t matter.  While we won’t cruise again in 2020, I wouldn’t be concerned to sail on any of them once we’re “safe” to head out to sea again.

• 1 month later...

Imagine if you were given access to a generic history of previous occupants of your newly booked cabin - how many had died or gotten sick or had an accident, got divorced, drunk, had an affair, was thrown off the ship, arrested, etc.  Would you really want to know?  

I would pay more attention to current CG and health inspection scores .

• Like 3

On 5/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, evandbob said:

Imagine if you were given access to a generic history of previous occupants of your newly booked cabin - how many had died or gotten sick or had an accident, got divorced, drunk, had an affair, was thrown off the ship, arrested, etc.  Would you really want to know?  

I would pay more attention to current CG and health inspection scores .

My cabin had a sign "George Washington Slept Here".  😃

On 4/14/2020 at 4:14 PM, Aquahound said:

Once this is behind us.....absolutely.  Well, except, I wouldn't choose the ones I wouldn't have chosen pre-COVID. 

Ditto^^   🙂

48 minutes ago, drsel said:

Is it true that princess and Holland America have discriminatory pricing ?
Lower price for North Americans?

Can't comment on HAL but Princess even vary pricing by individual States and Provinces.

• Thanks 1