Would you choose any of these ships?

drsel

24 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

The first four or five listed -would kinda put you off?

I mean...Diamond and Ruby Princess? ..really?  No!

I too would avoid the first two, but once Covid dies for good, i would choose any of the others if they offered good value

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

If you throw in Noro cases...would you sail on virtually any ship? Kind of a silly question.

By the way...that is about 2000 cases, just .1% of the worlds 2 million current cases. There are far more cases (and deaths) in nursing homes.

• Like 9

It wouldn't both me to sail on any ship where someone with Covid-19 has sailed.  I also won't have a problem flying on airplanes where no doubt someone probably flew on one and tested positive.   I know airport employees at various airports tested positive, yet I will still go through those airports. Positive people have shopped in grocery stores, ate in restaurants, and used public transportation such as buses and subways. Once this virus runs its course, I plan on living a normal life.

• Like 4

We went on a SE Asia cruise many years ago on Diamond Princess.  Enjoyed the ship and cruise very much.  But with the current stigma, I don't think I would book a cruise on Diamond today.  In a few years maybe.  But not now.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ldubs said:

We went on a SE Asia cruise many years ago on Diamond Princess.  Enjoyed the ship and cruise very much.  But with the current stigma, I don't think I would book a cruise on Diamond today.  In a few years maybe.  But not now.   

We have friends who only cruise on Princess .They were on a back to back a few months ago and they became ill on the second leg of the cruise.I am curious if they plan to book again on Princess in the near future. I will ask the next time I speak to them.

26 minutes ago, George C said:

While there is nothing normally wrong with smaller inside cabins, with this happening wonder if people will now choose something larger with balcony.

I am in the minority because I do not like a balcony cabin.I did an inside once and said never again. My preference is a large OV.I have to book accessible cabins which are usually much larger.

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If you throw in Noro cases...would you sail on virtually any ship? Kind of a silly question.

By the way...that is about 2000 cases, just .1% of the worlds 2 million current cases. There are far more cases (and deaths) in nursing homes.

Would you put it in perspective for us - 2000 cases out of how many passengers?  That would be a better reference than one versus the entire world's cases.  Same with nursing homes - they may have more because they are a small confined environment with the target patients being elderly and probably having one or more conditions that made them extremely vulnerable to virus.  

Noro - I've had it and I didn't get it on a ship - I got it in a luxury hotel (a Forbes 4 star).   I'd much rather have Noro again than have COVID-19 (based on how it affected 2 of my friends and one of our town's pediatricians and his wife).   Noro - you think you're going to die for 2 days then feel like you've been hit by a bus for another 2.  COVID-19 - you think you are going to die for 3 weeks, can't breathe, fever for weeks, then it takes weeks to get back to "normal."  

45 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Would you put it in perspective for us - 2000 cases out of how many passengers?  That would be a better reference than one versus the entire world's cases.  Same with nursing homes - they may have more because they are a small confined environment with the target patients being elderly and probably having one or more conditions that made them extremely vulnerable to virus.  

I don't have the resources to define that further...I guess it would require knowing the capacity of the 320+ cruise ships, then figure a window to evaluate...Jan 1 to the cessation of cruising in mid March? I am not aware of where I could get those numbers quickly.

But as was discussed on another thread, how many got it on flights...a far more confined space for transmission.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have friends who only cruise on Princess .They were on a back to back a few months ago and they became ill on the second leg of the cruise.I am curious if they plan to book again on Princess in the near future. I will ask the next time I speak to them.

Oh boy.  We just learned this morning that our daughter, who is expecting any day, was exposed to someone with CV.  She will be tested as part of the routine admittance when she goes to the Hospital.  Doc's say we cannot see our new grandson until two weeks after his birth.  Concern is that, even is she is OK entering,  she will be exposed while in Hospitals and then expose us.  Crazy times but we do what we have to do.  Be well.   

2 hours ago, ldubs said:

Oh boy.  We just learned this morning that our daughter, who is expecting any day, was exposed to someone with CV.  She will be tested as part of the routine admittance when she goes to the Hospital.  Doc's say we cannot see our new grandson until two weeks after his birth.  Concern is that, even is she is OK entering,  she will be exposed while in Hospitals and then expose us.  Crazy times but we do what we have to do.  Be well.   

Hopefully she will be fine.