bermuda 2020 out of NYC gone from website..hold 1 hour 15 minutes so far

maryivo

I have been on hold 1 hour and 15 minutes so far to inquire about my June 21st cruise out of NYC.  I just want answers....this is crazy.

All cruises from May - August 2020 NYC to Bermuda gone from the website.

Frustrated here

Exactly what kind of questions do you have? There will be no cruises out of New York in June. Have you not read about the 100 day no sail order that was ordered last week?

Edited by jennmaybe
  • Like 1

wow....to the rude people...omg are you kidding me?

So, my cruise is not technically cancelled but it's not showing up on the website and I wanted to know why....happy rude individual.... wow.

Thank you to the other poster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wow....to the rude people...omg are you kidding me?

So, my cruise is not technically cancelled but it's not showing up on the website and I wanted to know why....happy rude individual.... wow.

Thank you to the other poster.

NCL wants to keep your money as long as possible and convince you to take a voucher instead of a refund. Don’t except to get confirmation until the last possible time. Be patient. It will be canceled. I would not waste time on hold. If you do get through you won’t get a straight answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

53 minutes ago, maryivo said:

I have been on hold 1 hour and 15 minutes so far to inquire about my June 21st cruise out of NYC.  I just want answers....this is crazy.

Frustrated here

Hi,

I went and checked the website and your cruise date is still showing.  There is a blue arrow just below the June 14th cruise.  Click on that and you will see additional dates.  I believe those also will be cancelled but just wanted to let you know they still show up.

Take care and stay safe and begin planning next year's cruise.

happytotravel

• Like 1

Good grief.  

It is not uncommon when NCL's call center is overwhelmed, on a good, busy and typical day, for callers to be on queue for 45 minutes to an hour, waiting for the next available agent.  

These are exceptional time and unusual, and like others in the travel & cruising industry, operating on reduced staffing to take calls. 

Besides, Bermuda is a full lockdown and expected to remain so, extended into May - it is not opening or going back to normal to welcome visitors and/or cruise ships with crews and passengers anytime soon.  Perhaps, that explain why.  Yeah, earlier, we had a Bermuda cruise penciled too and it is not happening.  Frustrated - not really.  Not happy - yes.  Reality - others including doctors, nurses, healthcare workers and first responders and essential workers are getting sick and dying because of their brave & dedication to saving lives and in keeping us safe.  Worried - that depends what one is prepared to admit and believe in. 

Island news - http://www.royalgazette.com/health/article/20200415/burt-on-lockdown-extension-we-must-sacrifice

Bermuda islander's thoughts - 

• Dockyard Pastry Shop, said as hard as the lockdown is on businesses in Bermuda, he thinks the lockdown should remain in place for a little longer. He was speaking before the Government last night announced an extension of the shelter in place period to May 2. He has family in Austria, Switzerland and Germany, some of whom have contracted Covid-19.
  • “Looking at how things have played out in Europe, the Government is doing the right thing,” he said. “We should be closed for as long as it takes to get rid of Covid-19.”

http://www.royalgazette.com/local-business/article/20200415/dockyard-businesses-dig-in-to-survive

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

forget ny , alaska , or canada cruises,  try to book from the southern ports. 

You can as well forget the Florida ports too.

P.S. HAL and Princess have extended to June 30. HAL also cancelled all 2020 Alaskan cruises for 5 out of 7 (Alaska) ships.

From my vast 🥰 experience with cancellations....

If the cruise disappears from the web site, it is cancelled because of a change in itinerary (which could mean anything). Moving to dry dock, moving to another location, no ability to go anywhere.  I was booked on the Sun for Alaska and the Sun is no longer on that route this year.  I had only paid a deposit and the cruise is no longer in my list of booked cruises.  I don't know if that is because I hadn't fully paid or if it disappeared for everyone. NCL sent out notification about a day after the Sun cancellations were noticed - it went to TAs and those booked directly.  Check in with your roll-call to see if anyone has any additional info.

When the Star NY-Bermuda/Bahamas trip that was re-booked to another ship, the cruise disappeared from the web as soon as that change was made but when I went to my account, my reservation had been changed to another ship.  So you might want to see what's in your account.  But seeing as your cruise is June 21, I would assume it is cancelled, regardless of the reason. You should also search by ship to see if it has changed itinerary.

3 hours ago, maryivo said:

Frustrated here

I'll save you the time.

It's canceled. 

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

You can as well forget the Florida ports too.

P.S. HAL and Princess have extended to June 30. HAL also cancelled all 2020 Alaskan cruises for 5 out of 7 (Alaska) ships.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/as-floridas-curve-appears-to-level-experts-warn-continue-to-distance  florida is looking good for the summer. 

August Encore cruises from NY to Bermuda still showing. I was on the August 9 cruise with two Haven cabins but didnt give final payment and requested my deposits and prepurchased OBC be refunded. 

I check the cruise multiple times a day to watch prices, which have stayed the same for months for my two cabins H4 and H5. 

6 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Carnival cancelled all cruises out of N.Y. for the rest of 2020.  I expect NCL to follow.

except carnival stops sailing out of NY in sept.

i doubt ncl will announce anytime soon that they're not sailing out of NY for the rest of the year

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1