Masks probably required

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm inclined to agree with this somewhat only because what I read on here and how people keep booking. Plus those who don't follow cruise critic will have no idea of the restrictions and new procedures. They will be so shocked if everything some have predicted comes true. I foresee a surge of new CC members when they find the site for the first time to complain about the on board experience.

Luckly CC is populated with the most helpful and courteous forum members of any board. 

After all, this place is about vacation and relaxation, everyone is chill! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

Sorry my mask...

tore

got soiled

is lost

fell on the ground

was touched by someone

blew away

was stolen

was sneezed in

got wet

Even 1000 pax needing one mask a day. 

Good luck

My "service animal" ate my mask.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm suspecting that masks will be required in the areas that social distancing is more difficult.  If ships are sailing at 50% capacity then pool decks can remove half the loungers and social distance. So perhaps no marks required there. The promenade on voyageur and freedom class ships will be way less crowded so possibly no masks there.  If it was just in area that social distancing is impossible like hallways, elevators and other smaller spaces it might not be too onerous.

20+ yrs ago every 2 Loungers on Royal had a table in between. Was used for Ashtrays, Drinks, keeping things off Deck and best of all Social Distancing. Soon as Voyager Class came along the tables disappeared on all ships

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hazence said:

We have to take the masks off to eat, so do cruisers all only eat with the person or persons in their room? How do you social distance from others at the table with masks off? 

Just my personal opinion but I think the days of dining with strangers at your table are done  until a vaccine has been introduced. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Or how about a Carnival of Venice theme... 

Phantom of the Opera?

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I was planning on trading my Ford F350 in on a new one.  I think I better hold off on that until I see what kind of budget I'm going to need for these west coast cruises.  

I’d say you can do both. Car dealerships are going to be hurting, just as bad as the cruise lines, for business. Give it another month or two and the deals will be rolling.  GM, up here in a Canada, already has good offers on 2020 models. 

I already have my eyes on a few potential cars to add here at home. Patience will be my friend. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Phantom of the Opera?

I’d say you can do both. Car dealerships are going to be hurting, just as bad as the cruise lines, for business. Give it another month or two and the deals will be rolling.  GM, up here in a Canada, already has good offers on 2020 models. 

I already have my eyes on a few potential cars to add here at home. Patience will be my friend. 

I have been at two Ford Dealers here in Vancouver and no one has the truck I want in stock(Ford F350 Diesel Dually) .  It's all factory order and they don't seem to want to deal so much on those.  Patience is one thing I have. Hopefully some deals appear.  

5 hours ago, pcur said:

Read the whole thread so far:

I'll state the obvious - 

masks off to eat

masks off to drink

masks off for pictures

If your local retail stores are requiring masks now, or in the future, you'll be used to it by the time you can cruise again.  Here is CA you can't go into stores without a mask now.

What's now obvious is that the masks become pointless given the fact that at any given time someone will be eating and drinking and don't forget smoking.  You are wearing the mask to protect others from your saliva and droplets. They put you at risk if they don't wear their mask.  I would leave the mask on for a picture to put in a time capsule.

I can deal with wearing a mask for an hours shopping trip but I'm not about to go on any vacation if I still have to wear a mask. The fact that it's required tells me it's still not safe to be on a cruise ship. That's just common sense.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 8

Same here. I won't wear a mask to go cruising. In fact, I seldom wear one while out shopping. Today I went to a Hallmark store w/ no mask. A clerk asked me if I had a mask and I told her no. She said that I was required to wear one while in the store. I didn't make a fuss, I simply said then I'll take my money elsewhere. And I did. My point is, people are not going to wearing a mask forever. It isn't going to happen. So if you're one that thinks they'll cruise w/ a mask and so will everyone else... good luck. Because eventually,  the cruiselines will either go under or cater to the wishes of their clientelle. And cruisers will not spend all day, all night on a cruise ship w/ a face mask on. If the cruiselines enforce this, they nailing their final nail into their industry. It won't last long. 

• Like 8

A lot can happen in the 3 months between now and the first cruise (maybe) on Aug 1st.  I doubt many states and cities will still be asking citizen to wear masks.

It's like the 70+ doctors note, a knee-jerk reaction meant as a short-term solution. Basically a way for the cruise line to show that its doing something.

I doubt it will happen. But Royal will be happy to supply its Seaface mask to those that optionally want to wear one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pcur said:

Read the whole thread so far:

I'll state the obvious - 

masks off to eat

masks off to drink

masks off for pictures

If your local retail stores are requiring masks now, or in the future, you'll be used to it by the time you can cruise again.  Here is CA you can't go into stores without a mask now.

50% occupancy on cruises is most likely the people who WILL wear masks and keep everyone healthly, so those are the people I WANT to cruise with.

Get washable masks,  spray them with alcohol when you take them off, send them to the laundry.  I'll bet it will be cheap to get them sanitized.  I've been making our masks here at home out of washed, soft tee shirt material.  Very comfy.

Stay safe.  Wash your hands.  Hug your loved ones.  Accept reality.

No. I'm not cruising if I have to wear a mask. I would rather stay home where I don't have to wear one other than to go out shopping or in public. That is not a vacation for us. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

CA was also arresting people for being alone on the beach and placing them in jail.

You know, for violating social distancing. 

They were not. People received warnings. Please cite source for anyone being arrested even in Southern California. The beaches are still closed for the most part in the Bay Area and Santa Cruz. 

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

I have finally mastered walking down the hallways to our cabin carrying a glass of our favorite wine in each hand without spilling a drop while the ship is moving. For some reason my wife's glass of wine is never as full as mine by the time I arrive at our cabin. 

Well, with mask enforcement, looks like now your wife will get her rightful wine share!  🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm inclined to agree with this somewhat only because what I read on here and how people keep booking. Plus those who don't follow cruise critic will have no idea of the restrictions and new procedures. They will be so shocked if everything some have predicted comes true. I foresee a surge of new CC members when they find the site for the first time to complain about the on board experience.

Certainly possible...as first time posters coming to complain about something is hardly new.

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Needs to be enforced is totally different from actually being enforced. Time will tell once RC starts cruising again. Obviously you missed the whole point of my post. :classic_rolleyes:

Kinda like dress attire in the main dining room...

We suspect the "enforcement" will only be in key large-population areas of the ship...kinda like when folks go into grocery stores or shops today.  By the time it could happen (months down the road), this mask thing will be "habit" for many.

7 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Same here. I won't wear a mask to go cruising. In fact, I seldom wear one while out shopping. Today I went to a Hallmark store w/ no mask. A clerk asked me if I had a mask and I told her no. She said that I was required to wear one while in the store. I didn't make a fuss, I simply said then I'll take my money elsewhere. And I did. My point is, people are not going to wearing a mask forever. It isn't going to happen. So if you're one that thinks they'll cruise w/ a mask and so will everyone else... good luck. Because eventually,  the cruiselines will either go under or cater to the wishes of their clientelle. And cruisers will not spend all day, all night on a cruise ship w/ a face mask on. If the cruiselines enforce this, they nailing their final nail into their industry. It won't last long. 

Or they could be putting the final nail in the coffin for some, Covid19 will pop up again on a cruise.

To what degree remains to be seen, can't seem to rid ships of Noro or other diseases.

Getting Quarantined on a ship has to be miserable, and that is  likely to happen once sailing begins.

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have been at two Ford Dealers here in Vancouver and no one has the truck I want in stock(Ford F350 Diesel Dually) .  It's all factory order and they don't seem to want to deal so much on those.  Patience is one thing I have. Hopefully some deals appear.  

Regular cab or quad cab?

Agreed if you have to factory order, unless you find the right dealership. Factory ordered my Jeep Trackhawk at 2k over cost, but that doesn’t happen often.  Also finding that truck in Vancouver on a normal day could be hard. Maybe head a bit east towards Abbotsford/Chilliwack (rural BC) and do some on-line searches, you might have better luck.  

On Ford’s website if you build your truck they way you want it there used to be a search local availability button, check that out too. Alberta also might provide what you need even with a cheap one way flight or delivered to you on a trailer and still be cheaper after paying registration tax at home.

I trailered a 1972 F250 highboy home from Alberta. Was rough then but great now after a restoration. Still searching for the elusive 68-72 quad cab F250 that was made for railroad/forestry. Any I find are rough and not worth it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont