Masks probably required

2 hours ago, danv3 said:

Even if they're the reusable cloth type, they'll quickly get contaminated and/or sweaty and will need to be removed, washed, and dried.  So each guest will need a decent number of masks to rotate through over the course of a day.  

It's never going to work. People were bypassing the hand washing stations and don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. There is no way people will be changing masks out multiple times during the day, especially since the mask is actually protecting others and not the person wearing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hazence said:

Exactly!  Add her to the hypocrite list.

And Dr Ferguson in the U.K. and his (as the press is calling it)...his “booty call.”

Don’t forget to add all of the greenie celebrities who preach the need to conserve resources to fight global warming now called climate change since the math and statistics doesn’t support man made global warming.  Before that wasn’t it going supposed get cooler back in the 70’s?   Never mind the celebrities fly on their private jets to make such speeches.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe it’s well established. Even in an interview he confessed. He didn’t like the passer by challenge him on it. 

If you cannot provide evidence one has to presume it doesn't exist. Not even a link to the "interview"? Please!

It’s like this. 
If wearing a mask works to prevent the spread of Covid-19, why were businesses forced to close and people told to stay home?  If they don’t work, why should we be forced to wear one?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, broberts said:

If you cannot provide evidence one has to presume it doesn't exist. Not even a link to the "interview"? Please!

It definitely happened... He raged on about it himself on his own radio show!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/long-island-bicyclist-verbally-attacked-by-chris-cuomo-fires-back/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

How do you feel about Pence not wearing a mask while visiting The Mayo Clinic while it was a posted requirement? 

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

How do you feel about Pence not wearing a mask while visiting The Mayo Clinic while it was a posted requirement? 

I think it was a really poor example especially since he’s running the task force. It sets a very poor example.

But it sure would have been worse if he claimed to be feverish with COVID and had his kids with him.

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/long-island-bicyclist-verbally-attacked-by-chris-cuomo-fires-back/

https://nypost.com/2020/04/25/biker-in-social-distancing-spat-with-chris-cuomo-is-dad-of-doctor/

• Thanks 1

Remember Easter was April 12...

Then on the 28th Buffoon Boy is still sick and now his wife announces her COVID battle.

then..he emerges...this is actually hilarious in a grotesque sort of way. Like he’s been in the mansion basement the whole time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8239611/Chris-Cuomos-emotional-video-emerges-quarantine-reveals-wife-clear.html

Following this...he was so universally ridiculed on Twitter..

both by Left and Right.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The surgical and fabric masks that most people are wearing are able to filter/block particles 100 microns or larger.  The covid 19 particles are said to be 1-4 microns in size.  This is now believed to be aerosol spread vs droplet spread.  So while you believe you are protecting others or yourself with your surgical mask, you likely are not.  It may serve as a way to make you feel better, but a properly fitted N-95 worn correctly and without a break is the better option which most of us do not have.  As a healthcare worker, I am mandated to wear a mask at all times while on the hospital premise, we’ve been issued one surgical mask that I have worn for 6 weeks now.  Mind you these are historically single use items.  I choose not to wear a mask elsewhere.  I do however choose to wash my hands frequently, I monitor my temperature twice daily, and of course I would never go in public at this point if I had symptoms of any kind.   I’ll be damned if someone accuses me of not caring about others.  That could not be further from the truth and inappropriate.  It’s also ridiculous to imply that Americans are just more concerned about going on a cruise than people dying.  The fact is that people WILL get this virus and most will survive. 

No one who does what you do for a living should ever have their empathy nor commitment questioned. You are the ones on the front lines every day, caring for us and our loved ones when necessary. You are carrying the biggest burden of a mystery virus that no one really understands.

I wish it was a rotating group of front line doctors who addressed us every day...not politicians and  scientists and “experts” on a disease that no one is really an expert on yet.

Every day...new studies...new opinions....new maybe-projections...intellectual guesswork. 

How did those models work out, Dr Ferguson...oh wait...you had to quit.

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-one-model-simulated-22-million-us-deaths-covid-19

Thank you, Not Cruisin Enough...for the work you do. 

Edited by hazence
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hazence said:

Yes. That’s a likely possibility. 🍹🍹🍹

However , this Board should be aware that you will not have anything near full immunity from my presence unless they also open the pool.

Historically speaking, outbreaks of my posting  on this site are directly related to quantitative analysis of the accelerating or declining...time on my hands.

Lets not get overly optimistic. 😎

Hey, anyone want an update on my zip code?

No need if you won't share it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danv3 said:

Even if they're the reusable cloth type, they'll quickly get contaminated and/or sweaty and will need to be removed, washed, and dried.  So each guest will need a decent number of masks to rotate through over the course of a day.  

Absolutely we need to take multiple masks. 

If I reuse one of our washable mask at home, I spray it with rubbing alcohol and hang to dry.  It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to dry.  I read about this in an article about an emergency room doctor that did this to use fewer masks.

Then, at the end of the day, the mask goes in the laundry bag.  We send laundry out every 3-4 days on a cruise, so taking 10 masks should be enough.

3 hours ago, mpaff said:

Dont forget the governor who lectures people to stay home and then goes out to the hair dresser because she is too important and she needs to look good for tv

If you are going to call someone out for their behavior, at least be accurate.

She is not a governor.  She's a mayor.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

No need if you won't share it.

maybe after one of those Club lunches...🍹🍷

We are back to 0. We had 1 for about a week. He didn’t die so maybe he moved. 

Lake is gorgeous today. Golf course very busy. 

13 minutes ago, hazence said:

maybe after one of those Club lunches...🍹🍷

We are back to 0. We had 1 for about a week. He didn’t die so maybe he moved. 

Lake is gorgeous today. Golf course very busy. 

Do people travel in out of your zip code? I heard SC is seeing a rise in the number of COVID cases and deaths. 

Stay safe. SC is one of 9 states to receive an "F" in social distancing.

https://www.livescience.com/south-carolina-coronavirus-updates.html

And apparently some are concerned about that.

https://www.thestate.com/opinion/article242532736.html

EDIT TO ADD: This conversation should probably move to the "what is happening in your state" thread.

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1

The buffet will closed for sure. And I heard these companies are making their own branded masks to wear on board. Unfortunately, I am afraid, at least this year, wearing a mask on board will be mandatory for all passengers and crew members. I wonder what other restrictions will be applied

43 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

mandatory masks.jpg

Infections are ongoing.  It's not like you can avoid getting it one time after one exposure and then say, "Ok then, I'm safe from now on." 

A better analogy would be "making a mask mandatory after two months of a pandemic is like putting a condom on after two months of unprotected sex and being unlucky enough not to have a pregnancy so that she STILL doesn't get pregnant."

• Like 1