HAL Cancels All 2020 Alaska, Europe and Canada Sailings

Seacruise

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

Interestingly, they do not mention the option of a cash refund...

They do on the HAL website but you have to make that selection by Jun 15th:  

Guests who prefer a 100% refund of monies paid to Holland America Line can visit the Cancellation Preferences form to indicate this preference no later than June 15, 2020. This includes Holland America Line’s Flight Ease air, Cancellation Protection Plan, Holland America Line pre- or post-cruise hotel packages or transfers, prepaid shore excursions and amenities purchased through Holland America Line, and taxes, fees and port expenses.
Please note:

• The above options are not applicable to guests booked on a charter sailing. Other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply if the cruise was not booked through Holland America Line.
  • The above options do not apply to EURO zone guests notified of a change to their sailing on or after April 14th, 2020. Please refer to the offer detailed in the letter you received.

Funny but article only mentioned the FCC and nothing about refunds if people want the cash. Well, we all know the story there as its been a story beaten to death on Cruise Critic. However, I just went into my HAL account on their website and my Norway cruise in July is still a go. So is this a faster release of the news than HAL?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bramcruiser said:

Funny but article only mentioned the FCC and nothing about refunds if people want the cash. Well, we all know the story there as its been a story beaten to death on Cruise Critic. However, I just went into my HAL account on their website and my Norway cruise in July is still a go. So is this a faster release of the news than HAL?

Go to HAL's website for complete info:  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/coronavirus-travel-advisory.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to feel sorry for all of those businesses in Alaska that rely on cruise ship passengers spending money in their shops to be able to make a living.

Edited by UM-Fan
  • Like 9

I just saw the announcement posted on HAL's Facebook page. So apparently it is official. We are cancelled.

Now we have to start cancelling hotels and airplane tickets and who knows what.

Edited by Bramcruiser

5 minutes ago, UM-Fan said:

I have to feel sorry for all of those businesses in Alaska that rely on cruise ship passengers spending money in their shops to be able to make a living.

.....or indeed businesses anywhere who rely on tourism. Many will suffer this year.

• Like 5

I am sorry to all in this time of crisis. So now 125% FCC no refund.  I have 125% FCC and refund from our Rotterdam 3/11-3/15 cruise. Is that because we were on the ship at the time and was flown home on the 15?. So sad. I hope all receive everything! PS I also am still waiting. It will be 2 months on the 15th. My PCC said she hopes it is soon! Will see

Denise😊

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I am sorry to all in this time of crisis. So now 125% FCC no refund.  I have 125% FCC and refund from our Rotterdam 3/11-3/15 cruise. Is that because we were on the ship at the time and was flown home on the 15?. So sad. I hope all receive everything! PS I also am still waiting. It will be 2 months on the 15th. My PCC said she hopes it is soon! Will see

Denise😊

Unfortunately it isn't just HAL having issues with refunds. I am at 62 days today waiting on Princess to refund my money and nothing yet only promises it is coming soon.  First it was a couple of weeks and then went to I will see it within 60 days and that is now past.

It doesn't mention Hawaii, Panama Canal, Caribbean, or South American.  We have a Dec. 2020 Caribbean booked, although there is a good chance we'll cancel if HAL doesn't.

Edited by Jemima
spelling

Just ten minutes ago I had an email from our PCC, asking if we wanted to cancel our August Viking Passage, and I replied that yes we would, and transfer our deposit to a similar cruise next year - no mention of that double deposit credit - I then saw this thread and immediately emailed her a second time and asked if we could have that -= I haven't heard back.  Sneaky...

(She just emailed me back and said she is working on it.)

Edited by Vict0riann

Bad news, indeed. Tough situation for business in all those areas.

I wonder if they will attempt to operate any cruises at all in 2020.....Mexico....Caribbean.....etc.

If they survive this, it will require some remarkable management skill.

I was expecting this, but I thought they might wait till the end of the month to make it official, Guess I'll look at what 2021 pricing is like. According to CC posts, Celebrity boosted 2021 price considerably.

44 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

We sent in a change request from 125% FCC to cash refund for balance of our 5 week cruise. Just too much money tied up for too long. 

31 minutes ago, UM-Fan said:

Unfortunately it isn't just HAL having issues with refunds. I am at 62 days today waiting on Princess to refund my money and nothing yet only promises it is coming soon.  First it was a couple of weeks and then went to I will see it within 60 days and that is now past.

I do understand! But I was fortunate to receive back all monies for a TA and 2 b2b cruises on Oceania plus FCC combined on all 3 cruises on 4/16 from my Oceania Consultant. This was a continuation from our Rotterdam cruise then. I did at the time reschedule all 3 cruises again for 2022 doing the same cruise as well as with my Rotterdam Panama Canal cruise too! So who knows. Funny how quickly I received everything back fro Oceania.
Hope All will be well. 
Denise😊

• Like 1

Wow yesterday I changed my B2B on Kdam in Sept doing Alaska and then down coast of CA to San Diego.

I booked two cruises for late 2021.

I was telling the agent that I felt all Alaska would not happen.

Ahe told me it was most likely going to be true soon. I guess 24 hrs later it came true.

But I would have hated to wear a mask and travel in an airplane.

Hoping my Oct cruise out of LA and my Nov cruise out of FL still happen.

Then again, if all 10 of my cruises are gone for this year and I only have  a Disney World 5 day vacation in late Nov, well I should be grateful I guess.

Looking ahead to 2021. If all 10 of those get cancelled, I am gonna jump in the ocean and cuss out the world and the place this virus started. 

Still prayers for lost lives, weddings, celebrations, and jobs. So sad