Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

Received $800 in FCDs on one credit card today but still waiting for another $1,200 in FCDs on the other card.  HAL told me they all processed on May 27th so hopefully will see the others this week.  Unfortunately still waiting for over $30K from Seabourn for a cruise we should be on right now that they cancelled almost 2 months ago.

We chose the FCC 125% plus  $250 OBC option for cancelled April 21st Cruise.  Our Daughter took the same Option.  She was refunded the Port Fees/Taxes and Plat Insurance this morning (her Air wasn't booked through HAL and has already been refunded).  We're waiting on our refund for Port Fees/Taxes and Air through Flight Ease.  Notified on 3/30 of Cruise Cancelled and selected the Option about 63 days ago so great sign we should receive ours soon.  We did not dispute with Credit Card nor call looking for the Refunds.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kazu said:

@PSR I couldn’t quote your question as you posted within my quote;

You asked: “Thank you, I am familiar with that, but wasn't sure how to use it to make a complaint.”

The FB page you are familiar with (Air Passenger Rights (Canada)) has a template on it for the DOT complaint and yes, it is the US Dot.  You can email the complaint.

Just in case it is of help.

Thank you, I may try that.

P.S. I just took a look at the link and the template. Yikes! Seems very detailed and rigorous. Hopefully AC will come around before I have to try that avenue... 

Edited by PSR

22 hours ago, PSR said:

Is there any news from Air Canada? We had flights cancelled by them for a May 2020 cruise. Only offered future flight credit.

Still nothing about Air Canada, but our TA emailed today that WestJet will allow her to apply for our refund  on July 1.  In other words, get in the queue!

7 minutes ago, PSR said:

Thank you, I may try that.

Sorry, I missed that a link had been posted to you earlier for flyertalk.

Now that my PT has called back, (Didn’t want my phone tied up while I was waiting to hear back from the physio 😉 ) my plan is to call A/C and tell them they are in contravention with DOT and ask for a supervisor.  If I get nowhere then I will just do the DOT complaint and/or the CC chargeback.  I think the more that do the DOT complaint though will help for everyone else - so that is my first route.

FINALLY received our full refund this morning.  I cancelled on March 13.  Our cruise wasn't until July 12 but we had decided to postpone and cancelled before final payment was due.

Received our refund for April 19th cruise just this morning!  A refund was requested on April 6th, so took just about the 60 days quoted.  We had 2 back-to-back cruises scheduled then with the 2nd one on May 10th.  Have not received that refund yet due to a little mix up, but should be getting it by July 1 according to HAL.  Wish things were settled now so could rebook something for this fall.  

Cancelled our VOV cruise for July on March 26th. Received refund to 1 of the credit cards for $19,830 today.  Still waiting for refunds on 2 other cards for about 10k but very happy  that refunds are coming in!

still waiting on a FCC for a cruise cancelled on March 11th but hopefully that will be completed by months end. 

Edited by freestyling

Cancelled Nieuw Statendam sailing April 12 on March 14, 2020 via e-doc.

Refund pending  with credit card company on June 9, 2020.

Twelve (12) weeks, three (3) days.

Way way too long. 

Have January 2021 cruise booked on Zuiderdam with reduced deposit. Will cancel if they are NOT sailing by final payment due date. I am done tying up thousands of dollars on delayed refunds and will book a last-minute rate if available. 

Just want everyone to know that we just received a full refund for the cruise that Hal cancelled. It was posted to our credit card this morning and the processing date was June 4.

The cruise was for April 12 on the Niew Statendam out of ft lauderdale.

I filled in the paperwork for refund on March 16. I did not dispute the charges with my cc and just waited patiently as I knew they would finally make good. Yes, I am an optimist!

We have a cruise booked for next April on the zaandam for Canada/new England 14 day. 
hope all is well by next spring. This cruise was booked way back in January befor this pandemic hit.

Stay safe everyone and we look forward to the days again when we can sail away and make new friends.

patty and peter

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy to hear that people are getting their refunds.  But, talk about "random access"!!  There's no order to it at all...

You’re right - there doesn’t appear to be any order.  Just received my refund of my deposit for my Sept. 27th Japan cruise.  Posted today on my CC and back dated to June 4th.

At day 87 now for our April 2 cruise.  DH did a chat yesterday with HAL and at least it sounds a bit hopeful.  He was told our cruise is now "unfrozen" which means they're working on ours now.  Before this they couldn't see where we were in the process.  FCC came a long time ago, waiting for $4000 in taxes, port fees and air.  

Our Oosterdam cruise scheduled for 5/16 was cancelled 3/15.  My refund was posted to my credit cards 6/4 but I have yet to receive my FCC notification.  Has anyone received an email about their's?  I'm getting ready to book another cruise for next May and want that FCC applied.