Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

Requested full refund for my May 10th on the NS Baltic cruise when it was cancelled on March 30th by HAL.  Amount was credited to my two credit cards ( one for the deposit when  we booked the cruise last September on board the Koningsdam and the other for the final payment)  last Friday but appeared on-line only yesterday.

Took more than 60 day but happy to get the full refund . 

3 minutes ago, The Beaver said:

Requested full refund for my May 10th on the NS Baltic cruise when it was cancelled on March 30th by HAL.  Amount was credited to my two credit cards ( one for the deposit when  we booked the cruise last September on board the Koningsdam and the other for the final payment)  last Friday but appeared on-line only yesterday.

Took more than 60 day but happy to get the full refund . 

This is encouraging news. We were booked on the same cruise and have not received anything yet so maybe it is in the works.

58 minutes ago, nutensteve said:

This is encouraging news. We were booked on the same cruise and have not received anything yet so maybe it is in the works.

I wouldn't count  on it - our April 3 cruise was cancelled by HAL on March 15.  We received our FCC on May 7.  Still no refund of the remaining money owed (about $2000) for port fees, taxes, flights, etc.  I think the order in which they are doing the refunds is completely random.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cusebarman said:

At exactly 100 days since I cancelled the refund showed up on my credit card.  
Should I be grateful to HAL?

Should I ever travel with HAL again?

Enquiring minds want to know.  

To me with Covid 19 throwing a wrench in things these are extraordinary circumstances.  It's not just HAL but the WHOLE travel industry thrown into a world of chaos.  I personally don't hold HAL responsible.  They did cancel cruises, they are issuing refunds and I can see it's going to take some time to get all those refunds done.

Utahtea 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cusebarman said:

At exactly 100 days since I cancelled the refund showed up on my credit card.  
Should I be grateful to HAL?

Should I ever travel with HAL again?

Enquiring minds want to know.  

You got your refund, right?

Some are still waiting.  It wouldn’t matter what cruise line you had booked with from what I am seeing from other boards.  The situation would be the same.

4 minutes ago, utahtea said:

To me with Covid 19 throwing a wrench in things these are extraordinary circumstances.  It's not just HAL but the WHOLE travel industry thrown into a world of chaos.  I personally don't hold HAL responsible.  They did cancel cruises, they are issuing refunds and I can see it's going to take some time to get all those refunds done.

Utahtea 

I agree.  I’ve got the same wait with airlines for my refunds as I do with HAL.

It’s a combination of volume and credit card volumes as well.  The entire travel industry is overwhelmed and obviously when they are not making money, they are not going to hire more staff to help process 😞 

Cancelled our June 7 Alaska cruise on April 14. Still waiting.

Just used chat function on HAL and confirmed the refund is not being processed yet and there is no timetable.

I think the chance for me to choose cruising in the future is greatly reduced.

With the increased sanitation and distancing requirement I think they will have to raise price somehow, and cruising in general will lose its pricing competing advantage. Some restaurants start to charge COVID-19 surcharge now.

I chose to dine out to support local business, and if I need to pay surcharge to do so, then no thank you. I am perfectly fine cooking myself.

After waiting for over a week for my credit card company to process refunding the refunds received from HAL, I finally received them direct deposited to my checking account.  From the date of first cruise we cancelled on 3/12 until now, it's been 98 days start to finish.  The second one was 2 weeks later. I can now officially stand down and wait out the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on future cruising.  I'll not be re-booking until it's once again reasonably safe to be cruising.  We do have a small FCC to use in the next year or so, but I'll wait until closer to its expiration date to re-book.

15 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

After waiting for over a week for my credit card company to process refunding the refunds received from HAL, I finally received them direct deposited to my checking account.  From the date of first cruise we cancelled on 3/12 until now, it's been 98 days start to finish.  The second one was 2 weeks later. I can now officially stand down and wait out the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on future cruising.  I'll not be re-booking until it's once again reasonably safe to be cruising.  We do have a small FCC to use in the next year or so, but I'll wait until closer to its expiration date to re-book.

urgh still waiting! HAL says they refunded last Friday, June 12th, but no money on either of the cc yet that were used to purchase. Still waiting since 3/12 as well.... glad you finally received your refund!

1 hour ago, Btimmer said:

Do you use the same institution for your credit card and your checking account?  Just surprised it was credited to your checking acct. unless that's the case.  Thanks...

1 hour ago, kaiiak said:

urgh still waiting! HAL says they refunded last Friday, June 12th, but no money on either of the cc yet that were used to purchase. Still waiting since 3/12 as well.... glad you finally received your refund!

In the same boat, HAL says they refunded our port fees, taxes and air last Friday June 12 but still not showing on our credit card. 

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Do you use the same institution for your credit card and your checking account?  Just surprised it was credited to your checking acct. unless that's the case.  Thanks...

In the same boat, HAL says they refunded our port fees, taxes and air last Friday June 12 but still not showing on our credit card. 

No, the CC company is Citibank and my deposit account is at Chase.

Re: the delay in posting, I experienced the same thing.  For my larger refund, I was notified by Citibank on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 that my refund had been processed, but it was dated back to Thursday, June 4, 2020.  I had checked daily between those dates, and nothing was showing.

For the gap in processing the return of the funds by direct deposit, I requested that in a chat session with Citibank and I followed up on 6/18 with another chat session where I was told it was approved on 6/17 and I could expect the direct deposit within 24-48 hours.  It came in 24 hours.  I have to congratulate Citibank for communicating (or at least responding to my queries).  HAL definitely didn't communicate anything (other than HAL's Mariner Society agent who looked up the status of my large refund) after my original request for refund through my big box travel agent.

Hang in there.  But don't be afraid to reach out to the parties involved.

• Thanks 1

I've just noticed a refund for £268.  We were on Maasdam in March where the cruise was curtailed.  We haven't received the 100% FCC or 100% refund yet, so I'm confused as to the amount.  It isn't the same figure as our final account, either.  It also said it's valid until July 2021.  We booked a similar cruise in February 2022 so looks like we can't use it against that booking.  Annoying!

My travel partner received her full refund through Amex yesterday for our cancelled May 17th Alaska cruise.  I received my deposit for this cruise back to my check card.  The balance of the cruise payment was on my credit union Visa card. Haven’t seen that yet but not surprised because when I make online payments it takes two days for them to show up as being credited.

Now just need FCC from Oct 2020 transatlantic deposit so I can apply it to Oct 2021 transatlantic.

Hooray! We canceled our mid August cruise on April 7th (the cruise was later canceled by HAL due to Covid19). We had used 2 FCD's for the deposit, and THEN I'd put down an additional $2400, so we've been waiting since April 7th for the refund of those monies. Well, back to my hooray, the $2400 just posted as a refund to our credit card today! I'll be squirelling that money away for a future cruise. But I may be a little gun-shy in the future and probably won't pay more than the deposit until final payment date. And just for the record, we were able to use the FCD's as the deposit for a September 2021 cruise, just keeping our fingers crossed that it all works out.

Best wishes to all, and good luck to those of you waiting for your refunded monies!

20 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Let us know!  We are still waiting, too, but for the whole refund.  Have FCCs and know the amount of the refund, which is not showing on CC.  Only 99 days so far :)

• Like 1

Finally got an email from HAL saying our refund has been processed and sent to our TA! Hopefully it will be passed on soon.

It has been about 100 days.

And it took repeated requests to my TA to call and ask as HAL would not deal with me directly with any "financial" details.

Good luck everyone!