Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

We received our refunds today. We had cancelled on March 15th for a trip departing 4/19.  All paid excursions had been refunded in April.  So we are good and now anxious to book again.

• Like 3

We received a full refund for our April 5th cruise today.  I online chatted with HAL on Tuesday to ask about the status.  They said the refund had been posted to our credit card on June 1.  It took until today to show up.  I don't know enough to say if that is normal.  It's fine. 

• Like 2

Still nothing here.  Well, I shouldn't say "nothing" - we did get a FCC for the base fare of our April 3 cruise, which we have applied to a cruise next year, but no refund of other stuff, port fees, insurance and flights to FLL. ( HAL cancelled the cruise, so I believe the insurance should be refunded.)  I wonder if it is because flights are involved.  

There was an article in the paper today to say WestJet has agreed to make refunds, so we will contact them about our return flights from London, as we booked those through a TA, who I think is no longer working.....  What fun!

A friend, who was  booked on the same cruise, got an email from HAL a few days ago, asking if he would prefer a refund or 125% of the extra charges...  so perhaps we will receive something like that soon.  

From what I've been reading here and on the Princess board, the cruiselines seem to be releasing refunds in batches.  Just today many of us found credits on our credit cards.  

I checked our Visa early this morning and nothing was there, but within two hours DH looked and found a large chunk of our money credited back to us.  We did not dispute any charges.  We had called our TA and they have spoken several times to HAL but we were never given any idea of when we would get something back.  We are still waiting for our June 6 cruise (TODAY) funds to come back to us.  They worked on the June 20 cruise first.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Still nothing here.  Well, I shouldn't say "nothing" - we did get a FCC for the base fare of our April 3 cruise, which we have applied to a cruise next year, but no refund of other stuff, port fees, insurance and flights to FLL.

We're almost in the exact same situation.  Cruise was to be April 2, we received FCC and put it towards a 2021 cruise.  Waiting for taxes, port fees and air.  (insurance was through Allianz, we put in a cc dispute on that since they weren't communicating at all). 

Good news. HAL cancelled our cruise on March 30th. The cruise was scheduled to depart on April 18. We submitted a request for a refund on April 1. The full refund minus our FCC was posted to AMEX on June 4 so 65 days after the refund request was submitted. Hope others receive their refunds soon.

• Like 2

We got part of our cruise fare refunded to our Amex card, the airfare portion which was $2300. Still waiting on additional $700 to go back to our other card, and notification of $3100 FCC per the cancellation agreement. This was for our April 19 transatlantic on NS. We cancelled on March 7, 90 days almost to the day.

At least things are moving forward.

We cancelled our October 2020 Hawaii cruise on April 15th through on-line travel agency.  Received full refund today.  Thank you HAL.  Hope to cruise with you again in the future.  😊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Woofumz said:

We received a full refund for our April 5th cruise today.  I online chatted with HAL on Tuesday to ask about the status.  They said the refund had been posted to our credit card on June 1.  It took until today to show up.  I don't know enough to say if that is normal.  It's fine. 

Crossing fingers here. We also had a sailing on April 5th but have not received any refund yet. 

My 4/21/20 Zaandam FLL to Montreal was cancelled by HAL (of course).  I opted for the FCC & OBC but was surprised to see a credit to my card for $250 a few days ago.  Had not even thought about the fact that the FCC was for the base fare only, so I went back and had a look at my original invoice.  This was the taxes & fees.  So, nice surprise! 😃

• Like 1

I did an online chat yesterday with HAL as had been suggested.  I was told when my refund was processed and sent to CC.  The full refund for my March 18 HAL cancelled Hawaii cruise posted today on my CC....83 days after I made the request.  I am very relieved and now look for the refund for the cancelled July Alaska cruise.  My faith in HAL is restored!🙂

Karen

• Like 1

HAL cancelled my March 14th cruise.  

Still waiting for my refund.  Kind of annoyed with HAL.  Particularly when I see refunds issued to cruises months after mine was supposed to set sail.

I just feel like they are not organized at all.  We're going on 3 months. I'm surprised that they are as disorganized now as they were when this first started.

Today is day 70..nothing yet.   My agent is back in the office tomorrow for the 1st time since Mid-March. 
I will be paying a visit. 
Now back  to watching The Love Boat. 
Bon Voyage 🍾🚢🥂

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:02 AM, Vict0riann said:

There was an article in the paper today to say WestJet has agreed to make refunds,

Is there any news from Air Canada? We had flights cancelled by them for a May 2020 cruise. Only offered future flight credit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PSR said:

Is there any news from Air Canada? We had flights cancelled by them for a May 2020 cruise. Only offered future flight credit.

That’s all Air Canada is doing. If your flight was to or from the U.S. and you complain to D.O.T., Air Canada is required by law to refund.  A call to Air Canada reminding them of that may avoid the DOT complaint 😉 The only other option is to go to your credit card company to initiate a dispute/chargeback.

Well, I used 2 CCs to make 3 charges for our June 1, 2020 AK cruise. I disputed all 3 charges on May 7th. I had cancelled the cruise on March 23rd,  before HAL did. Today, June 7th I received a partial amount of ONE of the 2 identical charges (about 25% each) I had made to the same CC. Why not the full amount, I don't know. So far nothing on the other CC, to which I charged  about 50%. I kind of wish I hadn't made 2 separate, but equal charges on the one card, so I would know which charge was partially refunded...live and learn.

Two days ago, I cancelled a HAL shorex for a September 2020 cruise which I suspect will be cancelled, but hasn't yet. Wanted to "get a head start" in the line, expecting it to take months. Well, guess what, today I got THAT refund. I almost fell off my chair!!!

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

That’s all Air Canada is doing. If your flight was to or from the U.S. and you complain to D.O.T., Air Canada is required by law to refund.  A call to Air Canada reminding them of that may avoid the DOT complaint 😉 The only other option is to go to your credit card company to initiate a dispute/chargeback.

Thank you; I checked with Air Canada a month ago and got your response of no cash refund. I also tried to use the  USDOT decision with 2 different AC people, and got the response that that decision didn't apply to them ??? They were going with the Canadian government decision that the 24 month future credit was fine.

I am thinking about a CC dispute now, but still waiting to get HAL to clear, which I mention in post #202 in this thread. Trying to keep everything separated so it doesn't get too confusing. I've already disputed one other flight and 3 HAL shorex refunds...with satisfying results.

4 minutes ago, PSR said:

Thank you; I checked with Air Canada a month ago and got your response of no cash refund. I also tried to use the  USDOT decision with 2 different AC people, and got the response that that decision didn't apply to them ??? They were going with the Canadian government decision that the 24 month future credit was fine.

I am thinking about a CC dispute now, but still waiting to get HAL to clear, which I mention in post #202 in this thread. Trying to keep everything separated so it doesn't get too confusing. I've already disputed one other flight and 3 HAL shorex refunds...with satisfying results.

Air Canada is in breech of the DOT regulations if your flight was flying from/going to the U.S.  If you do the complaint with DOT they should make them refund.  

Not sure which is faster - a CC dispute or a DOT complaint.

There is a FB page which is quite helpful on the Canadian airline disputes.

Of interest, West Jet has just acquiesced for U.S. flights so it’s possible that Air Canada may follow suit if there are enough complaints.