More Cancellations Imminent?

Sleeptastic

You do seem to have a thing about massages. Is there something you want to share?
You should try all the various massages in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Chang Mai, Chiang Rai.
Best value for your money

4 minutes ago, drsel said:

You should try all the various massages in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Chang Mai, Chiang Rai.

Not sure what the cost of massages in the Far East has to do with the cost of a cruise to the Galapagos Islands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure what the cost of massages in the Far East has to do with the cost of a cruise to the Galapagos Islands.

it's off topic, but I posted that only because you asked me to share info about massages.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Would you book this cruise and how would you justify its cost of US$ 15044 per person for 7 nights or US$ 2149 per person per day.

7 nights  December 20, 2020 - Suite!

Round Trip Cruise To Galapagos from Baltra

Celebrity / Flora

$15,044 SUITE

$2,149/day

Supply and demand. Luxury expedition cruising on small, expedition ships is currently very much in demand. The Galapagos is a very desirable destination with a limited number of ships allowed. Celebrity Flora only takes 100 pax.

6 minutes ago, drsel said:
2 hours ago, zap99 said:
Sometimes, a lot better is only a little more expensive.

Kindly give examples with respect to cruise lines

NCL.£99 allows you to pick two extras. That's 2 examples🤔

I think people in this sphere are willing in some cases to pay more for the sense of exclusivity compared to mass-market...case in point, Seabourn has been known to charge on average $1000pp per day so do the math based on the length of trip you want to take.  What do you get for the money apart from a cruise?  They are truly all inclusive when it comes to food and drink but you pay extra for everything else (i.e. tours, WiFi, onboard boutiques) so for someone who wants the exclusive atmosphere of being on a ship with 400 people and having a large suite with endless food and drink that might be worth the cost.

Others however might think that spending $100pp per day to sail on a mega ship with 4000 other strangers, standing in endless queues, eating cafeteria style food, paying extra for everything including drinks and 'decent' meal options not in a cafeteria and going to mainstream destinations with every other ship in existence is worth the perception of having spent less, although i'm sure they find they spend a great deal more at the end of the trip after the 'extras' are tallied. 

Personally, I don't think the 'get what you pay for' applies to cruising any more (if it ever did) because the concept is the same regardless of the brand....you're on a ship, sailing to foreign ports, returning home after X number of days...so whether you're taking photos with a giant mouse or eating caviar it simply comes back to the effectiveness of the marketing and how they manage to separate you from your money and whether you're happy with the result at the end of it all.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Alan & Giselle said:

I went on the P&O website yesterday and had a look and was able to cancel my Christmas cruise and take the deposit as 110% FCC or transfer to another cruise, I filled in all my details for the FCC,  but today that option has gone and they still show that it was last updated the 2nd June which is clearly not true. I rang P&O to ask them about it and they told me that cruises from 16th October can only be transferred not cancelled without a penalty.  I wonder if I managed to get mine cancelled and the deposit turned into FCC, I suppose I will know in 60 days or so! 

I had another look today and you were right.  It has gone.  Be interesting to see what they do with those of us who took the 110% option while it was there.  They can't change it having offered it surely?

There is a huge premium for a suite, or Cunard Queens Grill.  Same as there is a huge premium for  business or first class on a plane. Is it worth it, that's dependent on your budget. If you can easily afford it then why not, you can't take it with you, and it's certainly a nicer experience. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drsel said:

They will not cancel the fcc.
as long as they don't have to return your money

Well now that opens a whole can of worms.  

What is your understanding of UK consumer protection laws?  

Perhaps you can quote the appropriate case law to support your argument.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drsel said:

You think P&O's Coronavirus procedures will allow massages?. I doubt it.

Just found a reply from P&O in my Spam folder to an e-mail I sent after receiving their latest 15th October cancellations, to say that their routine e-mail address I have used for years is no longer in use and I need to use another Carnival e-mail.

Am I just a cynic or is this a further delaying tactic to slow down refunds?

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just found a reply from P&O in my Spam folder to an e-mail I sent after receiving their latest 15th October cancellations, to say that their routine e-mail address I have used for years is no longer in use and I need to use another Carnival e-mail.

Many of my messages from P&O go in to the Spam folder too, I assume because they are deemed to contain repetitive / unwanted content; which when it comes to the refunds debacle is true.  

I think that the emails have been changed in terms of the suffix after the name of person / department.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

No its just that Cunard and P&O are under the umbrella of Carnival UK and a lot of their operations have been amalgamated so therefore there are no Cunard or P&O staff with individual e-mails just Carnival UK e-mails.

Cunard have announced  cancellation of cruises in November. QM and QV up to November 1st and QE up to November 23rd. I can see my hopes for Arcadia's November 6th disappearing slowly over the horizon 😔

Avril 

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Cunard have announced  cancellation of cruises in November. QM and QV up to November 1st and QE up to November 23rd. I can see my hopes for Arcadia's November 6th disappearing slowly over the horizon 😔

Avril 

Certainly doesn't bode well.  Was looking to b2b a November cruise with our Iona December one.  Gonna have to have a rethink.

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

This announcement brings QM and QV into line with P&O, I don't understand why they would cancel QE for an extra 3 weeks though unless it is to do with the itinerary that she will be on.  She leaves Tokyo 16th October to go down to Australia.

Edited by Josy1953