When is your next cruise?

1 hour ago, sierramyst44 said:

December 5 Mardi Gras 2 things going against me on this one. Up after that is March 12 Repo on the Legend from Tampa to Barcelona also a possible no go. 

We are booked on the Mardi Gras December 5 as well.  As much as I would love to sail, I keep telling myself the likelihood is slim to none.   Between whether the ship is ready, cancellations in general, and our particular risk factor just doesn't look to be in the cards.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, 4hunters said:

December 5th, 2020 on Panorama out of Long Beach...  Hopefully...

I am so hoping you will sail as scheduled, because we are booked on the Panorama on January 9, 2021. Be gentle and dont tear up the ship! 🤪🌴🍹🌊

1 hour ago, Linsuesue said:

I am so hoping you will sail as scheduled, because we are booked on the Panorama on January 9, 2021. Be gentle and dont tear up the ship! 🤪🌴🍹🌊

Oh, no worries. Just breaking her in for you guys! 🤫😉😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tree.critter said:

Elation 10/8/20, Mardi Gras 11/14/20 then Panorama 2/13/21. Not sure which will actually be first but I’m hopeful no more cancellations. Pretty confident both cruises booked in 2022 will be a go. 

The conservative side says the Panorama will be your first.

1 hour ago, ugagal07 said:

Sunshine 10/8 and Radiance 11/21. Looking at Panorama Or Horizon for April 2021, but haven’t booked yet. 

Regarding  Panorama or Horizon, I would highly  recommend  the Havana area, with inside, lanai,  aft balcony or suite options.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, balcony bound said:

We are booked on the Mardi Gras December 5 as well.  As much as I would love to sail, I keep telling myself the likelihood is slim to none.   Between whether the ship is ready, cancellations in general, and our particular risk factor just doesn't look to be in the cards.

December 5, 2020 on the Marti Gars too..I really hope it goes..

1 hour ago, taylor1293 said:

My March cruise was canceled. I canceled the November cruise we had scheduled because I think there is about a 99% chance it won’t sail. 

Next up is June of 2021. I’m about 50% confident that will sail. 

If they are not cruising a year from now, the industry will be on life support. 15+ months of extremely limited revenue could have devastating results.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

If they are not cruising a year from now, the industry will be on life support. 15+ months of extremely limited revenue could have devastating results.

I completely agree. That’s why I also canceled a 2022 cruise and sold my Carnival stock. I’m trying to limit any potential losses, while maintaining hope that my 2021 cruise sails. 

On 6/26/2020 at 1:57 PM, Joanne G. said:

The Legend, late August, 2021.  London to Rome.  Booked before the pandemic.   I am not completely confident that it will happen.  There are too many unknowns - what will the cruise experience be like, what ports will welcome ships, will the virus still be circulating around the world, will there be an effective vaccine, will Carnival alter itineraries or even cancel European sailings if demand is weak.   Final payment is due next May.   At that point, I will decide about making final payment or canceling.   I won't be making the flight reservations far in advance like I used to.   I am hopeful, but also realistic about the many factors that could change my plans.

I booked the Legend for May 2021 back in January and like you I am not totally confident about sailing either....for all of the unknowns that you listed 🙁

Had Magic booked for the May 9 sailing out of Miami, which was an 8 day that went to HMC, GT, Aruba, and Curacao.  Friends that we met on our last cruise (2015 - it's been a while), and also CC members we're also booked, and we were all really looking forward to it.  Not complaining, if that's the worst thing that happens to us/our families this year, we're good.  We normally book cruises about 3 months out but there are a few that were booked 2 months or less out.  But this one was booked in July 2019.  Never would have guessed.  We booked Fascination out of San Juan for October 2021 (same friends are also booked on that one) toward the end of January this year.  We heard of corona virus/covid at that point but never knew how bad it would end up at the time we booked.  At this point I'm not getting my hopes up just yet but I'm just hoping that cruising will be back by then.

Edited by pghsteelerfan
  • Like 1