General cancellation notification question

Jayandar

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

For my cancelled Summit cruise in October the email came directly from Celebrity with a link contained within it to acknowledge receipt. Nothing from my TA, except an email this morning advising me that final payment will be due in three weeks!

Phil

Hi Phil. 😊

So X canceled your cruise for this October, was this recently? What was the reason given for the cancellation? Just curious.

The only way I hear from my about to be ex-TA now is if I lob a hand grenade towards New Hampshire.  Celebrity let us know that our Iceland/Ireland cruise was canceled by text and email.  Of course they still have not  refunded our money...

Wow, what a variety of responses. Like Mr. Click, I am feeling the same way about my current TA who wanted me to prove it was cancelled! I am too stunned to respond so I am going to hold back to see who contacts me first, and when. I don't have a lot to lose or get back as the deposit was very minimal.

3 hours ago, Jayandar said:

Interesting. I learned of a cruise cancellation through a roll call. So far, no emails from either TA or Celebrity! 

10 minutes ago, Jayandar said:

Wow, what a variety of responses. Like Mr. Click, I am feeling the same way about my current TA who wanted me to prove it was cancelled! I am too stunned to respond so I am going to hold back to see who contacts me first, and when. I don't have a lot to lose or get back as the deposit was very minimal.

How sure are you about the accuracy of the information on the roll call? I've seen a number of posts, admittedly not on roll calls, where people have prematurely announced a cancellation. In some cases, Celebrity did indeed cancel at a later date, but the cruise was still "on" at the time someone said that it was cancelled. If neither Celebrity nor your TA have advised you, might the information on the roll call be premature too?

Of course, if someone on the roll call has actually received a cancellation notice from Celebrity, that's a whole different kettle of fish! 

21 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

How sure are you about the accuracy of the information on the roll call? I've seen a number of posts, admittedly not on roll calls, where people have prematurely announced a cancellation. In some cases, Celebrity did indeed cancel at a later date, but the cruise was still "on" at the time someone said that it was cancelled. If neither Celebrity nor your TA have advised you, might the information on the roll call be premature too?

Of course, if someone on the roll call has actually received a cancellation notice from Celebrity, that's a whole different kettle of fish! 

It's that "different kettle of fish"!

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Hi Phil. 😊

So X canceled your cruise for this October, was this recently? What was the reason given for the cancellation? Just curious.

Yes Sherry. It was a couple of weeks ago. Canada and New England for the fall colours. But of course Canada has closed borders until at least end of October. 

Phil 

6 hours ago, Jayandar said:

From your experience, if you work with a TA, when Celebrity cancels a cruise, are you notified only from your TA or also DIRECTLY from Celebrity?

Three 2020 Celebrity cruises booked with Celebrity, then transferred to a TA. All three cancelled by Celebrity and Celebrity always notified us. Not a word from the useless TA at all! I let my TA know when I requested cash refunds for the three cruises. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy

25 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes Sherry. It was a couple of weeks ago. Canada and New England for the fall colours. But of course Canada has closed borders until at least end of October. 

Phil 

Oh, that’s a shame, it would have been a great cruise.

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Oh, that’s a shame, it would have been a great cruise.

It's just another disappointment this year. I've had to cancel a few including a land trip to Taiwan next week. I'm philosophical by nature, have been lucky to travel in the past and hope for good news in future. I really feel for the crew, from the general cleaners around the ship  to the Captain. A real leveller it's been.

You and Pat stay well. I found out yesterday that another friend of mine came down with Covid-19 and is recovering. This thing is still out there. 

Phil 

39 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's just another disappointment this year. I've had to cancel a few including a land trip to Taiwan next week. I'm philosophical by nature, have been lucky to travel in the past and hope for good news in future. I really feel for the crew, from the general cleaners around the ship  to the Captain. A real leveller it's been.

You and Pat stay well. I found out yesterday that another friend of mine came down with Covid-19 and is recovering. This thing is still out there. 

Phil 

We agree about the crew, this pandemic has really taken it's toll.

Pat & I are doing well, staying at home and rooting for AZ to get their Vaccine out to the world as soon as they can. 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Please take care of yourself, hope to sail with you again someday.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayandar said:

It's that "different kettle of fish"!

Left in the sun too long, the kettle of fish starts to stink! At no time in history has communication been easier or faster, yet Celebrity continues to ignore the benefits of keeping customers informed. It's truly bizarre that they bother to inform some but not others on the same cruise. In the old days, perhaps you could blame it on the time it took snail mail to reach different destinations, but that excuse died somewhere towards the end of the last century!