Jump to content

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???


If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

  1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

    • YES
      747
    • NO
      207


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Oh gosh, double negatives now.

 

I think you got lost in the thread.

 

When I made the quizical statement,  not a Star trek fan, you responded, Isn't everyone.

 

That implies you think no one likes Star Trek in my reasoning

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yogimax said:

Just read this as well and saw that you had posted.  The report is that Phase Three (safety) may not be required for the vaccine to go public.

 

This is the result of "Operation Warp Speed." 

I just read the article - they specifically mentioned that the vaccine might be available early for certain groups, not the general public.

Sign me up - if I could I would participate in a phase 3 group study as long as I knew I wasn't getting a placebo, so I see no reason why I won't get the shots as soon as they are available - no difference IMO.

Are they 100% safe? I don't know, but I do know life isn't "safe" as things stand right now and quite frankly I have absolutely no desire to continuing living my life the way I have for the past 5 months if there is an option. ( And that has nothing to do with cruising.  Right now there are far more important things to me that I can't do than get on a ship.)

 

Edited by mek
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mek said:

Right now there are far more important things to me that I can't do than get on a ship.)

 

So right, hugging our family members is one of them.  Our daughter's husband is a NYC firefighter, so is at high risk for getting the virus or passing it along to others.  No hugs for our grandchildren for five months!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

 

You realize "double blind" means you WON'T be guaranteed nor will you know which you get right?? That is the ENTIRE purpose of a "double blind" study-to not have any bias in the results. It also means that in order to tell if vaccine is effective you really need to be in areas of exposure. If you stay locked away for 6 months and don't get covid it doesn't do anything to advance efficacy.

 

Of course I realize that - my point was if I would be willing to get the vaccine during a phase 3 trial then I don't see why it would be any different after the trial - as far as side effects are involved.   And yes once I had the vaccine I would be willing to expose myself to life as it used to be, but  I would imagine the shots don't kick in immediately, so there is probably a short time where immunity isn't complete and a little extra care would be necessary.  I don't know abut that part and unless you are an epidemiologist working on any of the vaccines in development, my guess is you don't know either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

 

For those unwilling to to be around family members-at what point do you say OK? what if it IS 2 years before YOU get the vaccine? are you really truly willing to live (what may be a significant portion) of your last years locked away? ARe you that careful during height of flu season-which is unequivocally far more deadly to kids than covid?

I think a vaccine WILL be available early next year.  I am not locked away - I go out to eat, (outdoors), go shopping, see my family,(again primarily outdoors.)  I can't do the things I used to do with my grandson and that is what I miss the most.

Right now I am willing to pass on those things - it might be a different story come the first of the year if we don't have a vaccine.

And yes, I don't go around my family if they have the regular flu and our school system requires children to get a flu shot each year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monykalyn said:

 

IF the vaccine has adequate safety information out, peer reviewed, has gone through ALL the appropriate channels-including proper paced and LENGTH of phase 3 trials-then sure. 

Did you see see today's news that, under pressure, the FDA says it may not require Phase 3 (safety) trials?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The next big question is would countries accept people from another country if they feel the vaccine was not properly tested and proved?

It's a huge grey area and potentially a political nightmare

 

 

Good point. We're in the UK and I'm guessing the vaccine we will get (eventually) could be different in that it's produced by another organisation that's not in the USA also tested differently etc etc I'm seriously starting to think it could be many years before we get to visit the USA that we love!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

The next big question is would countries accept people from another country if they feel the vaccine was not properly tested and proved?

It's a huge grey area and potentially a political nightmare

 

 

 

I know that if I was to get a fast tracked vaccine I would be tested after two or three weeks to see if I had developed any anti bodies or not.. 

 

That would be the next logical step in the entire immunity process..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, boscobeans said:

 

I know that if I was to get a fast tracked vaccine I would be tested after two or three weeks to see if I had developed any anti bodies or not.. 

 

That would be the next logical step in the entire immunity process..


Yeah so that’s already been confirmed.  You think they are doing stage 3 trials on a vax that may not produce antibodies?  Come on use your head.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 7:46 PM, cbowls30 said:

Good point. We're in the UK and I'm guessing the vaccine we will get (eventually) could be different in that it's produced by another organisation that's not in the USA also tested differently etc etc I'm seriously starting to think it could be many years before we get to visit the USA that we love!

UK here as well. I think the Oxford vaccine will become euro standard and I am guessing the WHO will have a list of acceptable vaccines. As for the US, time will tell which way they go. The biggest question will be cost. A working vaccine will be a licence to print money for some companies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

UK here as well. I think the Oxford vaccine will become euro standard and I am guessing the WHO will have a list of acceptable vaccines. As for the US, time will tell which way they go. The biggest question will be cost. A working vaccine will be a licence to print money for some companies. 

Absolutely! Money to be made for sure, let's hope it arrives soon so we can all start to travel again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we both will get a vaccine when one is available that has gone thru all proper testing.  I am not about to get a vaccine that is rushed thru the system by politicians just so I can cruise.   

I wonder how russia is doing with the vaccine they said was available a couple weeks ago that hadn't gone thru various phases of testing.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wonder how russia is doing with the vaccine they said was available a couple weeks ago that hadn't gone thru various phases of testing.  

We will probably never know the truth from a government who poisons their critics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes we both will get a vaccine when one is available that has gone thru all proper testing.  I am not about to get a vaccine that is rushed thru the system by politicians just so I can cruise.   

I wonder how russia is doing with the vaccine they said was available a couple weeks ago that hadn't gone thru various phases of testing.  

 

I agree with you.  In answer to the original question, I saidyes, I would get a vaccine if required to cruise but I will not get it if it is released early  by the FDA under emergency authorization.  
 

Sherri🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yogimax said:

We will probably never know the truth from a government who poisons their critics.

Very true.     I looked online and apparently the russian scientists would Not allow for the vaccine to be given to their citizens until it is fully tested too.    So their leader is pushing his warp speed program for their testing to be done to get their vaccine released this fall (the race is on).     Not a race I want to be part of.   I want it done right so that it works for the majority of the population in the world.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yogimax said:

We will probably never know the truth from a government who poisons their critics.

 

6 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Without proper testing, I would not want to take the Russian COVID-19 vaccine.

 

Watched a story on the news tonight where someone with an ALS drug wants to forego phase 3 and get it out to public right away. 

 

No complaints😉

Imagine that

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very true.     I looked online and apparently the russian scientists would Not allow for the vaccine to be given to their citizens until it is fully tested too.    So their leader is pushing his warp speed program for their testing to be done to get their vaccine released this fall (the race is on).     Not a race I want to be part of.   I want it done right so that it works for the majority of the population in the world.    

 

I'm still amazed that China only has 4000 covid deaths😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...