Just Booked March 14th on Glory out of New Orleans, am i crazy?

wolft927

So, Wife and I cancelled out September cruise on the Glory and I found a Suite on the Glory on March 14th for $2k total. I took the risk and hope that it will be sailing. I really dont care if ports are canceled just want to get back cruising. Do you think Glory will sail in March?

Very True, We will see what happens at the end of the month.  If the no sail order is lifted and Cruising begins in Mid to late December or January, I think my Cruise on the Glory for mid march may be safe...but who knows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Very True, We will see what happens at the end of the month.  If the no sail order is lifted and Cruising begins in Mid to late December or January, I think my Cruise on the Glory for mid march may be safe...but who knows. 

Best of luck with your scheduled cruise although I doubt the full fleet will be operating by mid March as Carnival has stated repeatedly they will roll out the ships/ports slowly. I could maybe see Galveston opening in Feb/Mar but New Orleans and Mobile will be later. Sadly, unless you are going out of Miami or Canaveral, I wouldn't count on anything until April/May. I've also got a cruise set for mid March out of San Diego and have zero expectation it will occur.

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like the last poster mentioned, the best anyone can do right now is guess. However, three weeks from today I think people will be able to make more accurate predictions. Hopefully cruising resumes soon, since the financial outlook for the big three continues to get worse. 

What happens in three weeks? (just kidding) I agree with you completely, but it is not just the "big three" with financial trouble. The whole of the Caribbean is suffering a debilitating impact on their GNP. To a lesser but as important impact on hospitality industries in Europe, Asia, and Australia are suffering greatly as well. 

People who make plans are not crazy. They are organized and optimistic. Plans can go wrong. I once took my diving gear to Thailand. It rained with lightning for seven straight days.   

• Like 3

Anything you get on here is going to be baseless speculation. All we know is no cruises until December and even then it's only Miami and Orlando. I personally am hoping a ramp up gets cruises in Galveston and New Orleans by then but your guess is as good as mine.

The current situation in New Orleans is the Mayor is holding the city's events for ransom. She said she wouldn't allow fans at Saints games until she gets more CARES act money. Now the Saints are threatening to play games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Good point, if cruising starts by the end of this year, you should be okay in March.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:48 AM, wolft927 said:

So, Wife and I cancelled out September cruise on the Glory and I found a Suite on the Glory on March 14th for $2k total. I took the risk and hope that it will be sailing. I really dont care if ports are canceled just want to get back cruising. Do you think Glory will sail in March?

North Carolina just had the highest number of cases of the virus yesterday since the beginning of the pandemic.  No one knows what the next 6 months will bring, but that fact that I just typed is not a good sign for March.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

No doubt this statement is true. I just hope it doesn’t get to the point that I have to fly overseas to go on a cruise. 

Part of me is glad to be holding a Europe booking for next summer. Might be of less concern.

Edited by xDisconnections

We are supposed to do a Super Bowl cruise out of Miami. (honestly don't see this happening and do

not want to be the first cruises sailing either)

Be interesting what protocols will be in place.

If any of the islands are going to welcome cruise ships.   (Aruba right now has 5 cruise ships just sitting there)

Purchase the insurance just in case I decide not to go or if my job (nurse will let me go)

Just a waiting game now.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:48 AM, wolft927 said:

What could possible go wrong, LOL

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Part of me is glad to be holding a Europe booking for next summer. Might be of less concern.

We are considering cancelling our cruise on Symphony next July and booking a Mediterranean cruise over the same time period. However, we likely won’t do anything for a month or so to see what happens both here and overseas. 

33 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We are considering cancelling our cruise on Symphony next July and booking a Mediterranean cruise over the same time period. However, we likely won’t do anything for a month or so to see what happens both here and overseas. 

We're on the Jewel in August heading up to the Baltics. Apart from Copenhagen, they're all new places for us. Looking forward to it -- this was the cruise I had to cancel so I could make Antarctica happen.

Not crazy, just mildly deranged and overly optimistic!

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 2:56 PM, Saint Greg said:

Anything you get on here is going to be baseless speculation. All we know is no cruises until December and even then it's only Miami and Orlando. I personally am hoping a ramp up gets cruises in Galveston and New Orleans by then but your guess is as good as mine.

The current situation in New Orleans is the Mayor is holding the city's events for ransom. She said she wouldn't allow fans at Saints games until she gets more CARES act money. Now the Saints are threatening to play games at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

update:

16 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

update:

Well this is some positive news to look forward to hopefully. If they are allowing 15,000 people at a game i think that New orleans will open the port by MArch.....But also only if Carnival Decides to sail again out of new orleans that soon

• Like 1