Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

How do I make the font size bigger when reading,thanks 

I don't think we should have to...if they would have left things as they were !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, broberts said:

 

Refresh the page. Method varies by browser. 

I think they should have added a small arrow to collapse the signature section once expanded, but thanks anyway!

Edited by Ethanol95
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

I think they should have added a small arrow to collapse the signature section once expanded, but thanks anyway!

 

Signatures are back to being shorter the way they were prior to the last update. The Expand signature feature has returned. See the following thread:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

Where do we complain officially?

 

As mentioned in the Guidelines, any quesions, comments, feedback or suggestions concerning management of the boards should be sent via email to community@cruisecritic.com and not discussed on the boards. Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your member name. 

 

Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day. Therefore, the Community Manager LauraS states the following in the Guidelines:

 

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

I hope this information will be helpful. emo34.gif 

 

 

 

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Host Kat said:

 

As mentioned in the Guidelines, any quesions, comments, feedback or suggestions concerning management of the boards should be sent via email to community@cruisecritic.com and not discussed on the boards. Please send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your member name. 

 

Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day. Therefore, the Community Manager LauraS states the following in the Guidelines:

 

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com..."

 

I hope this information will be helpful. emo34.gif 

 

 

 

Very disappointed that this is the only way to get CC to pay attention to the comments

about this newer version. And surprised that all the comments above are going to go unnoticed and not responded to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ashland said:

Like that will do any good. 

I don't like what they consider "better". I just knew when they posted that the site would be down they were going to do something that wasn't user friendly ! Just why do they have to mess things up when nothing really needed to be done !!!!!!!

Your post is the only one that has been easy for me to read. Posting in bold creates a much better contrast with the background.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

For me I always use my Android phone and it is easy to magnify the screen If necessary to make the words bigger.

As long as your willing to rotate the phone from portrait to landscape mode. I think that's a pain in the ass

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

 

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

Edited by bobmacliberty
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

 

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

Glad you've figured out how many hoops to jump through just to read CC. I don't think we should have to go to these measures for this public forum regardless of what device we use.

I use a desk top with a large monitor and it's a PIA with these supposedly "new and better" changes. Just who are they aiming to please with these...certainly not me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

 

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

Thanks but I only need to change it for CC. How can I do that??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, xpcdoojk said:

So, the only constant in life is change....  adapt or die...

 

 

Agree. Been on Cruise Critic since 1997, have to say most improvements have been for the better. How many still have AOL, which would still be required to log on to AOL's Cruise Critic if changes hadn't happened...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, bobmacliberty said:

For those who aren't aware, you can change the font size globally for all websites (not just CC).  For Edge and Chrome, it's the zoom setting under the 3 dots in the upper right corner.  Ctrl + and Ctrl - will also zoom in/out respectively.  Not sure about other browsers but this should be in the settings.  I leave my browsers all set at 125% zoom.  Definitely helps all sites be more readable.  Play with various zoom settings to see what works for you as zooming will mean that you may need to scroll more to see content on a page.

 

Edit: Font size and contrast for the new CC format are fine for me (at 125% zoom) but I mostly view on a large, wide screen monitor, not a mobile device.

I already had the font size set at 125%.  The "new" 125% here on cruise critic is smaller than what that was.  Going to 150% just makes all the white space bigger and more spread out, causing the pages to be huge.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I already had the font size set at 125%.  The "new" 125% here on cruise critic is smaller than what that was.  Going to 150% just makes all the white space bigger and more spread out, causing the pages to be huge.

 

 

I do have a request in regarding the font

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not mind change.... but when you look at a user activity you use to see what they had "liked"    now not shown........  I also noticed the post number. missing....  otherwise it is all ok

 

Not sure about the round avatars 

 

One thought that would be nice... it all uses have their country listed under avatar....

 

Cheers Don

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...