CDC requested to reinstate NSO

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

The problem with that logic is that we seem to have selective enforcement.  For example, it's okay for tens of thousands of protesters to march on the freeway, but God forbid if I want to go on a cruise.  In the end, it's the personal responsibility of all of us to protect the vulnerable people around us.  It's not going to be perfect, but life is not perfect.

"...seem to have selective outrage..."  FTFY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Here is New Mexico Covid deaths on Friday. 22 set a record I believe

Also on Friday New Mexico announced they will be enacting a temporary "reset":

"The restrictions are effective Monday, Nov. 16, through Monday, Nov. 30. 

New Mexicans are instructed to stay at home except for only those trips that are essential to health, safety and welfare – such as for food and water, emergency medical care, to obtain a flu shot or to obtain a test for COVID-19:

https://www.governor.state.nm.us/2020/11/13/n-m-hits-reset-re-enacting-most-heightened-level-of-statewide-public-health-restrictions/

22 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Also on Friday New Mexico announced they will be enacting a temporary "reset":

"The restrictions are effective Monday, Nov. 16, through Monday, Nov. 30. 

New Mexicans are instructed to stay at home except for only those trips that are essential to health, safety and welfare – such as for food and water, emergency medical care, to obtain a flu shot or to obtain a test for COVID-19:

https://www.governor.state.nm.us/2020/11/13/n-m-hits-reset-re-enacting-most-heightened-level-of-statewide-public-health-restrictions/

Though it's not really that restrictive, can go get my car fixed, shop at Walmart, do my laundry at a self serve and even get food from Applebees long as it's take out...   

Essential businesses – such as grocery stores, pharmacies, shelters, child care facilities, gas stations, infrastructure operations and others – must minimize operations and in-person staffing to the greatest extent possible but may remain open for limited essential in-person activities. A complete list of categories of businesses defined as essential is included in the public health order and at the bottom of this news release.

Food and drink establishments may provide curbside pickup and delivery services; on-site dining is prohibited.

A retail space identified as an essential business in the public health order – such as a grocery store, a hardware store, an automobile or bike repair facility, laundromats, liquor stores and large “big box” retailers – may not exceed either 25 percent of maximum occupancy or 75 customers at any one time, whichever is smaller. These essential retail spaces must close by 10 p.m. nightly and may reopen at 4 a.m.

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Not sure why we have to make everything political, especially on an international site such as cruise critic. How about give both sides what they want? 

Democrats can cruise in 2023 and pay 40% taxes.

Republican can cruise in 2021 and pay 20%.

Seems fair, someone has to cover for losses. Big picture is important including lives, well being, and freedom. Rather than doing this, it would behoove us to quit being so decisive and start working together. We don’t have to all agree, but should allow for freedom of opinions, and most importantly respect for each other. It’s group think that will be way more devastating than Covid ever was.

Who gets to cruise in 2022?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though it's not really that restrictive, can go get my car fixed, shop at Walmart, do my laundry at a self serve and even get food from Applebees long as it's take out

All it really does it shut down indoor dining, close gyms and hair salons for a couple of weeks, maybe longer if covid cases remain high, which they will.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:31 PM, zalusky said:

Good for you if you get it and it works but there will not be enough in circulation until mid year to turn the tide and I don’t think they are going to prioritize cruise passengers.  Remember there is a whole world out that needs it.  That’s a lot of demand and prioritization.

Two shots are required along with special storage.  

I hope it's not like the shingles vaccine. It made me sick for 3 days!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Not sure why we have to make everything political, especially on an international site such as cruise critic. How about give both sides what they want? 

Democrats can cruise in 2023 and pay 40% taxes.

Republican can cruise in 2021 and pay 20%.

Seems fair, someone has to cover for losses. Big picture is important including lives, well being, and freedom. Rather than doing this, it would behoove us to quit being so decisive and start working together. We don’t have to all agree, but should allow for freedom of opinions, and most importantly respect for each other. It’s group think that will be way more devastating than Covid ever was.

Heymarco I agree with you for once!  Peace out

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

Nonsensical comparison.

Eating is a necessity.

Driving is a necessity.

Cruising is not.

But keeping thousands of cruise industry employees working to feed their families back home is very important.  
Keeping the restaurant industry, entertainment industry, and the rest of the hospitality industry going is very important to our economic survival.  
We are losing our basic liberties little by little, and this is not by chance.
This is an opportunity for the power hungry. 
I've caught a at least 4 viruses while on my 50+ cruises.  It wasn't fun but I survived and it didn't stop me from going back.
It happens all the time on cruise ships.
Get tested before you cruise.  I've been tested 4 times, twice so that I could enjoy life outside my home on a couple of vacations.
If you're sick stay home.
If a person knows they're in danger of dying from a virus, stay home.
We should be able to sign a waiver not to sue the cruise line if we pick up a bug along the way. 
Enough is enough.   Just stay home with your mask on if you're that concerned about it.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, travelhound said:

I was referring to the politicians that are trying to politicize the virus

To be honest, all politicians have made the virus political.

11 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

They don’t have to go on a cruise, all is needed is some arrogant, selfish person to bring it home with them, after they cruise. What would you call that?

I would call that accurate on a selfish comment. There are individuals living as safe as possible, and yet they get can get sick from the ones acting with a laissez faire attitude.

8 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

The problem is that the stupid carry it to other people. There was a wedding of 66 people in Maine, there ended up being almost 200 cases as a direct result, including many at a nursing home and at the jail. None of those who died had been at the wedding. The pastor who officiated at the wedding said afterwards "faith over fear". 

A prime example of the stupid, with the laissez faire attitude, effecting others. One can’t live in fear but there is a tipping point between stupid and smart.  Sadly judging by the case numbers, there are many countries who have citizens that have yet to realize that tipping point on the pendulum.

I believe you can flatten the fear, if a the stupid acted a bit better.  A lock down isn’t needed, just common sense.  LOL, common sense isn’t common anymore though. A dog is trainable, a human not so much.

It’s now time for the face palm emoji. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tippyton said:

They'll certainly try.  Hey - giving the vaccine that we paid for to other countries is trying, right?  WINNING!

That YOU paid for?

You may want to read this https://fortune.com/2020/11/09/pfizer-vaccine-funding-warp-speed-germany/ or this https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-vaccine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

Agreeing to a buy a vaccine once approved is not the same as funding its research and development.

On the other hand you may want to carry on drinking the kool aid 🙄

9 minutes ago, Bobal said:

That YOU paid for?

You may want to read this https://fortune.com/2020/11/09/pfizer-vaccine-funding-warp-speed-germany/ or this https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-vaccine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

Agreeing to a buy a vaccine once approved is not the same as funding its research and development.

That we paid for in advance for. So yes we paid for the vaccine itself, though not the R&D on this particular vaccine. 

Its bought and paid for in advance. Waiting on FDA approval to distribute. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tippyton said:

They'll certainly try.  Hey - giving the vaccine that we paid for to other countries is trying, right?  WINNING!

Multiple international labs are working on this...Every country should get it as a combined effort.

It's not who paid for it ...wrong attitude !!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Heymarco said:

480,000 deaths in US from smoking last year, yet we still provide freedom to do so. Why are we being so much much more restrictive with Covid? Everyone has the freedom to stay home. Just saying!

Tobacco lobby!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

You're a bit ahead of yourself.  It can't be distributed until it receives final approval.

Isnt that what I said, waiting on emergency fda approval that you quoted. 

Seems to me you are nit picking words. What's the difference between what we said.

I've also said elsewhere, waiting on dec 1st expected results to be released on both shots, on the pfe vaccine. Do I have to repeat everything I've read for you every post?

And yes, it's been manufactured in advance ready to ship doses that are bought and paid for. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

That YOU paid for?

Personal attack...check!  Deflection from the main point...check!

Why on earth with a crippled economy, millions our of work, would we spend our hard-earned resources on other countries?  To confirm my comment about shills and commies, here's this from Zeke himself:

"Reasonable national partiality does not permit retaining more vaccine than the amount needed to keep the rate of transmission (Rt) below 1, when that vaccine could instead mitigate substantial COVID-19–related harms in other countries that have been unable to keep Rt below 1 through ongoing public-health efforts," the Science magazine article titled "An ethical framework for global vaccine allocation" argues.

"Associative ties only justify a government's giving some priority to its own citizens, not absolute priority," Emanuel wrote with his co-authors."

• Like 1