New vaccine

hollyjess

3 minutes ago, emam said:

They are halfing the amount of vaccines that we can have up here from next week. They are to be diverted elsewhere.

Think that might be due to the stats reported today. The North East has done almost double the amount of over-80's than London or the East of England (78% vs 42%) Don't quote me on those figures but the general gist is there. 

Might be a case of where we see some "levelling down" to make sure that London and the South are not seen as being disadvantaged

5 minutes ago, emam said:

They are halfing the amount of vaccines that we can have up here from next week. They are to be diverted elsewhere.

Our local news channel has just said the same thing for Yorkshire, then they show parts of Yorkshire that haven't started vaccinating, talk about smoke and mirrors.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hi all, I, too can confirm I had a little credit card sized card after my Pfizer jab with the date and batch number of the vaccine on it.

Today, through work (NHS) I was able to book my second jab which will be exactly 12 weeks since the first one. I’m rather nervous if it’s a good thing to wait so long rather than the three weeks recommended but I realise I’m lucky to have it at all.

My parents who were called by phone call from their GP were both given the same time slot! They haven’t got a second date yet and they didn’t have to book online.

Yes I was given a card after my first AZ jab too and my Trust is booking everyone for the second jab whilst you’re having your first. My second jab is 10 weeks after my first.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Think that might be due to the stats reported today. The North East has done almost double the amount of over-80's than London or the East of England (78% vs 42%) Don't quote me on those figures but the general gist is there. 

Might be a case of where we see some "levelling down" to make sure that London and the South are not seen as being disadvantaged

London levelling up to match where the North is. Now there’s a novelty 😏

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Our local news channel has just said the same thing for Yorkshire, then they show parts of Yorkshire that haven't started vaccinating, talk about smoke and mirrors.

Very disheartening. 

Avril

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

It is my understanding that the organisation up here is top class and if they had more vaccine they can vaccinate a lot more.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, arlowood said:

I'm not sure if you are having a laugh or being serious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is the whole point IMO.  They are reporting the large "regions", but there is a lot of variation within those regions.  Likewise not all of London and the South East are doing badly either.  There should be levelling within the regions. 

Also some areas will have a much higher proportion of older people than others and the new mass vaccination centres are just in certain areas, leaving GP's in other areas without any extra help from them. 

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

I spoke to my mother (88) earlier today and she is still waiting. The community nurse that called round earlier in the week informed her that her surgery expect to start vaccinations mid February and use a centre over 10 miles away.

That doesnt sound good    all first 4 groups are meant to be FINISHED by 15 Feb  - not  started!!

I have been trying to find out how our area has been doing and cant find anything since 4 Jan!!!

Edited by Aulanis

54 minutes ago, emam said:

I'm not sure if you are having a laugh or being serious.

I would not be at all surprised if t is happening.  There has been a big difference in treatment for London and South for a number of months compared to the north, whether it be lockdowns or funding for businesses.  Once the problem hits London, then priorities seem so different.  Strange that......

Edited by tring
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

The information is pretty thin on the ground now. The only thing that is becoming clear is the North of England  only seem to be important  when votes are needed. 

Avril

I think the biggest problem is the lack of information, we knew this was a mammoth task and there were issues with storage of the Pfizer vaccine. We are nearly 6 weeks since vaccination started and there seems to be large variations within regions and the government guidelines for priority seem to not be followed in some areas. It is difficult to find out who is actually running the vaccination process. There seems to be very little consistency across the county and within regions and nobody seems to know why, or if they do they are not sharing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There seems to be very little consistency across the county and within regions and nobody seems to know why, or if they do they are not sharing.

I think it's the mushroom syndrome🍄💩

Avril

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Equally and completely the opposite I was not given a card when I had the first vaccination 6 weeks ago.  Equally i don't yet have an appointment for the second.

Got to have some patience.Poor old Janet can only write and deliver 1 card at a time.😉

What I fail to understand, though I think the reasons might be obvious, is why full local figures aren’t being published so that the position across the country is clear.

Round here the local health chiefs were complaining that NHS England were preventing them from publishing the figures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The logistics of offering a vaccination to 40 million people if children are not going to get it is of course enormous.  Its going to cost billions.  The trouble is this is not going to be a one-off event.  The chances are we will be doing this every year from now on.  It won't be like the flu vaccine where only certain people are offered it.  Flu is quite hard to catch from others, Covid it appears is easy.

We are going to have to put in place a year round program of vaccinations and a proper IT system of knowing who has had it and when.

• Like 5