Fully Vaccinated People May Travel, CDC Says

Globehoppers

43 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

Woman was crying on TV a week ago.

I think we're at 55,000,000 fully vaccinated....so, at 50,000,000 she didn't think it was safe to travel if fully vaccinated, but now she does?

Bent to political pressure...obviously.

Please cite where she said "it is unsafe to travel when you are fully vaccinated." 

My Google must be busted.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Unfortunately, if they continue to decide to let unvaccinated children onboard, tested or otherwise, I suspect that we will still need to follow the masking protocol.  IMHO, as the mother of three (admittedly now grown) children, I believe children should not be on cruise ships until they are vaccinated.  I would never, ever, ever expose my child like that anyway.  I visited Vegas last week (I am fully vaccinated)  and was absolutely appalled at the number of families visiting, including many infants and toddlers in strollers.  I know kids almost always get the virus very mild, but what if your kid is not one of the 'almost always'??  Rent cottages, visit vaccinated grandmas, but for just a few more months please don't bring kids on cruise ships.  My opinion, I know not shared by all.

I totally agree.

More children are now getting the Covid variant B117 and are being hospitalized.

• Like 4

Actually, it really doesn't matter because as we all know talk is cheap. What will matter is when they officially release the new technical guidance with regards to cruising, hopefully within the next 2-3 weeks, and what will be required of the cruise lines to start limited cruising from US ports again. That's what really matters.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Paul, just wondering. Did you copy and past all of that or did you type it? If typed, good on you and well done?

No way I typed that 🤭

ctrl A, ctrl C, ctrl V to Excel, crtl A, Autoformat macro, ctrl C, ctrl V to the forum. 5 seconds at most. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

Those are new. I suspect they've been in the works for awhile (maybe waiting interagency review as part of the entire COVID19 effort?), but pretty sure they've not been there before.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

Cool! One step closer!! Thanks for posting it!

• Thanks 1

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2021-04-02/cdc-issues-next-phase-of-guidance-to-cruise-ship-industry

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention on Friday issued new guidance to the cruise ship industry, including the need for COVID-19 vaccinations, a necessary step before passenger voyages can resume.

The new technical instructions, the first update since October, include increasing from weekly to daily reporting frequency of COVID-19 cases and illnesses and implementing routine testing of all crew based on a ship’s COVID-19 status and establishing a plan and timeline for vaccination of crew and port personnel.

"COVID-19 vaccination efforts will be critical in the safe resumption of passenger operations," the CDC said.

• Like 1

On a related note, Florida’s Gov DeSantis just passed an executive order prohibiting the state from issuing Vaccine Passports or any other standardized documentation of vaccination due to privacy concerns.  Additionally, businesses in the state are now banned from requiring proof of vaccination before allowing access or service.   The mandate is specific to Covid-19 vaccinations under the emergency use authorization.  This might have unintended consequences for return to cruising in Florida.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Classic. 

After you saying "she didn't think...." which she never said, of course, now it is "implied."

10-4.

"We know that right now we have a surging number of cases. I would advocate against general travel overall. Our guidance is silent on recommending or not recommending fully vaccinated people travel. Our guidance speaks to the safety of doing so. If you're -- if you are vaccinated it is lower at risk," she (CDC Director Rochelle Walensky) said in a briefing Friday.

Lower at risk.  Not risk-free.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, miched said:

My neighbor is nurse.  Last Feb many at the hospital including her got the virus but didn’t know what it was.   She recovered and got both vaccinations.  Last month everyone in her house came down with the virus.   Her husband had to the worst, the 3 kids at different degrees.   She also tested positive.

apparently vaccinations along with having had  it doesn’t make it totally safe.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

From what I understand, you can get it but will not get it severely, will not need hospitalization or die from it.

5 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

From what I understand, you can get it but will not get it severely, will not need hospitalization or die from it.

But travel will ensure that it continues to spread

• Like 1

Control over others is a powerful motivator.  Once entities have that control (whether local, statewide or nationally) it is very difficult for them to let go and allow individuals to make informed, intelligent decisions on their own.  My fear, if this thing is ever over, we will have abdicated certain rights/freedoms that we may never get back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, billslowsky said:

"Not risk-free" is hardly uniform.  Don't you agre?

Not sure I see your point.  Risk free doesn't exist.  Risk (or not risk free as you call it) is a continuum and not uniform.  So I agree, but don't see the point you're trying to make.  Can we agree that Safe does not imply risk free?

20 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

On a related note, Florida’s Gov DeSantis just passed an executive order prohibiting the state from issuing Vaccine Passports or any other standardized documentation of vaccination due to privacy concerns.  Additionally, businesses in the state are now banned from requiring proof of vaccination before allowing access or service.   The mandate is specific to Covid-19 vaccinations under the emergency use authorization.  This might have unintended consequences for return to cruising in Florida.

I thought the same thing when I read about this.  If cruises will require vaccinations, and he prohibits businesses from asking for proof, then how does he expect cruises to ever sail from the US anytime soon??  Maybe they can skirt the law by virtue of the fact that they are not registered in the US?

• Like 1