Cost of princess transfers from LAX to San Pedro, CA

missbsmom

Hi everyone, we are going to try once again to take our Panama Canal cruise through the new locks next February. Since the cruise is just one way, San Pedro to Fort Lauderdale we can’t leave a car at the dock. We will have to fly home either into LAX or Burbank . My question is if I leave my car at LAX how much does princess charge for their transfers ? 

The Princess transfer between LAX and the ship costs $34 per person. That is the price listed for my December 2021 cruise - it may or may not be the same for a later date.

If you booked the cruise directly with Princess, you can book the transfer at the bottom of the Travel page of the Cruise Personalizer (below the Flights information). It will give you all of the Princess airport transfer options with prices for you to select one.

If you booked the cruise through a travel agent, then the price will not be shown on your Cruise Personalizer, and you will need to book the transfer through your travel agent.

Edited by NavyVeteran
Add date of price quotation.

42 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

The Princess transfer between LAX and the ship costs $34 per person. That is the price listed for my December 2021 cruise - it may or may not be the same for a later date.

If you booked the cruise directly with Princess, you can book the transfer at the bottom of the Travel page of the Cruise Personalizer (below the Flights information). It will give you all of the Princess airport transfer options with prices for you to select one.

If you booked the cruise through a travel agent, then the price will not be shown on your Cruise Personalizer, and you will need to book the transfer through your travel agent.

Or ask a friend for a ride.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Or ask a friend for a ride.

If I had any friends in LA at the time, I probably would. But the only person I know in LA won't be there - she'll be meeting my ship in Hawaii.🙂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Are you saying that if you book through a travel agent, your cruise personalizer looks different than what everyone else sees online?? You don't have this:

> select travel button

> go to transfers below flights

> select which transfer you want

7 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Are you saying that if you book through a travel agent, your cruise personalizer looks different than what everyone else sees online?? You don't have this:

> select travel button

> go to transfers below flights

> select which transfer you want

Yes!  I didn't even know that was an option for anyone.  I've never seen it.  Apparently because I have always used a TA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, missbsmom said:

Hi everyone, we are going to try once again to take our Panama Canal cruise through the new locks next February. Since the cruise is just one way, San Pedro to Fort Lauderdale we can’t leave a car at the dock. We will have to fly home either into LAX or Burbank . My question is if I leave my car at LAX how much does princess charge for their transfers ? 

I always use UBER. I don’t remember the costs but if there are 2 of you it will probably be cheaper than the Princess Shuttle. 

Tom😀

• Like 3

In January 2018, we took Uber from LAX to the hotel in San Pedro. It was about $30.00 plus gratuity. It took about 35 minutes and traffic was not bad, at about 1:30 pm on a weekday. This was also for a Panama Canal itinerary.

It’s much faster to get an Uber or Lyft than waiting for the Princess bus to fill. Granted, you could be the last person on the bus, or the first or anywhere in between.

Count me in as also preferring to do an Uber or Lyft at the airport 

• Like 2

Uber/Lyft is a less expensive option and it's private. A taxi is around the same price as Princess, again private. In both these selections you will not have to wait until the bus is filled, or for a bus that is delivering people from San Pedro to LAX.

Why not just take Uber/Lyft direct from your home to San Pedro and then from LAX back home? Probably easier and less expensive than parking your car for 16 days at the airport.

• Like 1

Download the lyft app to your smartphone and set up an account.  Lyft also pairs with Delta;  so if you have a Delta account you will get skymiles for your ride.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jennybenny said:

It’s much faster to get an Uber or Lyft than waiting for the Princess bus to fill. Granted, you could be the last person on the bus, or the first or anywhere in between.

Count me in as also preferring to do an Uber or Lyft at the airport 

Yes!!!! Its also especially true in Miami. Flight arrived at 7:40. Bus arrived at 11. And then they tried to bump me for a couple who insisted that they had waited an hour and being ADA had priority.  

Love Uber and usually just solo so it isn't a cost but convenience factor. A fellow cc member turned me onto them at the FL to Quebec cruise

• Like 2

Courtesy of @CineGraphichttps://www.opoli.com/#/search Opoli offers everything from economical rides to Black car service at a great rate at LAX, The black car service lets you skip taking the shuttle to the mass taxi/Uber/Lyft lot if you don't want to do that, where the economy choices are a great deal. You reserve in advance and the don't do surge pricing.

• Like 3

Opoli is an excellent alternative (cheaper) to Uber and Lyft in the LA area.

No surge pricing, and if you choose executive sedan or executive suv service, they will pick you up curbside at LAX. For uber and lyft you have to go to a special lot.

https://www.opoli.com

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2021 at 12:06 AM, trbarton said:

I always use UBER. I don’t remember the costs but if there are 2 of you it will probably be cheaper than the Princess Shuttle. 

Tom😀

Same here and it was much cheaper, even with a tip included.

@missbsmom, in Burbank, you are certainly closer to LAX than I am, so the above advice is probably more applicable than what I have to say. I'll say it anyway, just in case it is helpful to you or others.

We discovered that a one-way rental car is very often the most cost-effective thing for us. We pick one up at ONT or another rental office and drop it off at LAX (or vice-versa). In the past, we've had to take the shuttle bus to or from the terminal, but we are looking forward to the People Mover being completed. 

For us, we are willing to pay a reasonable amount more to fly into or out of ONT (you might feel the same about BUR) but when LAX is the best option. the one-way rental has been a game changer for us. 

The cost of the transfer is minimal in my mind.

Have you checked the price to keep your car at LAX?  Currently the economy long term parking lot is closed & when I looked into it the price was cost prohibitive....we're talking hundreds of dollars for the 15 days (as of today $789).  We doing the one way from FLL to LA in Jan 2022 & we've already booked a one-way rental car for our drive back to San Diego.  It's about $100, much cheaper than driving up to LAX, flying out of LAX and leaving the car there until we return.

• 6 months later...

Bringing this thread back up.  

Disclaimer...I can no longer recommend Shuttle2LAX as a responsible shared ride.  Too long a story to display here.  I will NEVER use them again.

That being said, I need some updated information regarding using Princess transfers from LAX to San Pedro.  Cost is still $34.  But inquired for a friend arriving at 6 AM.  Princess agent said that they will not be at baggage claim until 11 AM.  Is this correct?

Does anyone know if United will hold your luggage (at baggage claim) so that you don't need to leave the secured terminal until later?  

Thanks