Ruby Curtis Stone Share

Tedferg

6 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

We enjoyed Curtis Stone/Share. several evenings on the Sun Princess. You can try several items a la carte rather than a full meal. 

Now that is a great option - DW's complaint about Specialty Dining is 'too much food'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I notice Ruby does not have Sabatini's replaced by Curtis Stone Share. I remember more bad reviews than good for Share, though Menu looks OK. Any thoughts ? 

You can look at a sample Share the menu online. I was under whelmed when I looked.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/SHARE-by-Curtis-Stone-Menu.pdf

I absolutely hated share. The portions are tiny and the food is so foo it's mainstream enough for me. Who wants things like tarragon foam on your food. A portion is maybe 2 ounces so you you don't have too much to suffer through. The chairs are hard and uncomfortable too.

Food is subjective but you did ask for opinions. 

• Like 1

We (a family group of 7 including a 3 1/2 year old with an adventurous appetite) ate at Share on the Ruby Princess in 2018 and greatly enjoyed the variety of food and didn't go away hungry.  I will agree with the cruzsnooze's comment about the uncomfortable chairs.  Five of our group sat at a comfy banquette, 2 of us (including me) sat on chairs.  That wouldn't stop us from going again.  We found it a nice change from Sabatinis and the Crown Grill.

• Like 1

I actively disliked Share (a lot!), DH at least ate it, and our friends thought it was ok. My favorite food in the MDR on Princess is Curtis Stone’s chicken pot pie, so I thought I would like the restaurant. I did not like anything I ordered, so for me at least, it was a waste of money.

• Like 1

My family loved SHARE. We haven't gone out of our way to sail on Ruby or Emerald, but if we are there, we book SHARE twice while on a cruise. 

We like the idea of the smaller plate size and sharing amongst us, we do it often at restaurants. They have taken off the delicious mushroom main entre, which saddens me, but I will still go back and am super excited about our next Ruby cruise. 

Food and Restaurants are subjective with tastes and likes. So many people don't like SHARE, or other restaurant options, but It's worth one try. If you like it, great, and if you don't, don't go back. 

• Like 1

My opinion won’t help you be any less confused but I think it’s the best specialty restaurant we’ve been to.  There have been a couple of dishes over the years that are on our top 5 list best dishes ever.  Don’t miss this opportunity.  GO!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I notice Ruby does not have Sabatini's replaced by Curtis Stone Share. I remember more bad reviews than good for Share, though Menu looks OK. Any thoughts ? 

Oh no I love Sabatini.s ...we will be on Ruby at Christmas I hope.

• Like 1

I hope they change the offering on the Ruby eventually, never heard anything good about Curtis Stone.  Loved the room when it was Sabatini's... enjoyed a veal chop on the menu, not really into Italian menu but nice ambiance so eat there a couple of times.  Do plan to go on Ruby will ship it, prefer Crown Grill instead. 

We tried it one time when we had comp. specialty dining. Only a few tables were occupied. Not as popular as Crown Grill and Sabatini's.  It was just ok. In our opinion would not be worth the extra charge. Most of the menu items did not match our taste, thus limiting us to just a few selections in each course. 

Thanks for all comments - still consistent with previous impressions about chairs and food. We have good OBC and would usually do Crown and Sabatini's, one night each on a 7 day cruise.

The 'sharing' aspect confuses me. This was an early criticism, people thought they would be eating banquet style with strangers. Curtis Stone video implies sharing of ideas but also shows people sharing plates. Maybe too much is made of 'Sharing' DW will often give me a taste if she has something special.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for all comments - still consistent with previous impressions about chairs and food. We have good OBC and would usually do Crown and Sabatini's, one night each on a 7 day cruise.

The 'sharing' aspect confuses me. This was an early criticism, people thought they would be eating banquet style with strangers. Curtis Stone video implies sharing of ideas but also shows people sharing plates. Maybe too much is made of 'Sharing' DW will often give me a taste if she has something special.

I wouldn't worry about that "sharing" business. On a four-night California Coastal on the Ruby a few years ago I had dinner at Share three times (and Crown Grill the other night; on Princess I prefer the specialty restaurants to the main dining rooms). I dined by myself each time. I found the food and the service at Share to be excellent, well worth the surcharge. The experience was similar to that of what might be called a New California restaurant on land, i.e., "modern" dishes but not over-the-top trendy.

• Like 2

SHARE is the absolutely best dining experience on Princess.  Mrs. XBGuy and I visited SHARE multiple times on every Emerald Princess or Ruby Princess cruise.

Yes, the plates might be fairly small, but you get six courses.  I have never left that room feeling hungry.

Yes, SHARE is not the most populuar dining venue on the ship, and, as a result, as a previous poster has noted,  I don't think I have ever seen the room more than half full--one-third full is more likely.  As a result the room is fairly quiet, and the service staff has the opportunity to to pamper the guests.  I like that.  I like the fact that the headwaiter drops by our table every time we visit.  I like the fact that when we make subsequent visits, we are recognized and warmly greeted by the headwaiter and staff.

I also like the fact that the menu at SHARE actually changes.  We have seen three different menus.  I'm sure that if I get to visit SHARE again in the future, I will see a new menu. I know the menus at Crown Grill and Sabatini's are not "chiseled in stone," but you have to be pretty alert to notice any changes in them in the last ten years--mostly, I would say, in appetizer and dessert choices.  I was thrilled the first time we encountered the Sabatini's Tratorria menu a few years ago.

My enthusiasm notwithstanding, I am aware of one reliable report of an unacceptable service experience.  This report came from a personal friend of mine,  I felt badly because I had previously raved to him about SHARE.  He was right, though.  His experience was unacceptable.  It happens.

• Like 2

I haven’t eaten in the main dining room on princess cruises in years, never found the food to be anything special and war every in the specialty dining rooms many times on our sailing. 

I loved our meal in Share, went twice.  Wish they had added if yo other ships. I also really liked the look of the restaurant and tried to find the bar stool type chairs to purchase. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Think of it in terms of a pre fixe meal at a nice restaurant, at least a lot of the ones I’ve been to. It’s definitely not all you can eat style. The plates are not huge but I’ve never left hungry and I’ve enjoyed the sampling of various foods. I’ll be sad if the kids stop cruising with us, as there will be less to share. 

36 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

SHARE is the absolutely best dining experience on Princess.  Mrs. XBGuy and I visited SHARE multiple times on every Emerald Princess or Ruby Princess cruise.

It's interesting to see all the different opinions on "Share."  We tried it 3 different times and have come away unimpressed.  We will not try it again.  Most of our memorable meals have been in Sabatini's.  Luckily, there are many dining options to please everyone's tastes!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ombud said:

The vegetarian menu looks blah. I'd probably ask if I could skip the main dish (or they substitute any veggie for hot beets 🥱)

They used to have a delicious mushroom ragout. I’m not vegetarian and I loved it. I hope they bring it back!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pris993 said:

I hope they change the offering on the Ruby eventually, never heard anything good about Curtis Stone. 

And now you have heard  'good things' in the opinions of some posters!

• Like 1

I absolutely loved it! I thought it was much better (food and service) than the Crown Grill. I can buy better quality meat at Sam’s. I’ve never tried Sabatini’s. Hope to one day. 

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

And now you have heard  'good things' in the opinions of some posters!

Menu does not suit me... I will stick with the Crown Grill,  glad others like it.

36 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

I absolutely loved it! I thought it was much better (food and service) than the Crown Grill. I can buy better quality meat at Sam’s. I’ve never tried Sabatini’s. Hope to one day. 

My favorite Crown Grill menu items are the the sea bass and shrimp dishes.  Like the veal chops, lamb chop and port chops... steaks I can take a pass on. 

• Like 1