90% of Royal cruisers are vaccinated or plan to be by cruise

4 hours ago, jrapps said:

I think this was either based on survey data, or talking out their a$$.

Has to be based on that survey they send out to newly booked cruises. That's not the first time he's said that either. I think it was a month or two ago Fain said the same thing in one of his videos

Edited by smokeybandit

My gut feeling is that people who travel are more likely to be vaccinated just to cut through all of the red tape of having to get covid tested before they travel and not having to worry about special rules for unvaccinated visitors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinkertwo said:

What we worry about is if someone who is not vaccinated gets ill while on the cruise will it cut our cruise short?  Well we get stuck sailing around waiting for a country to except us?  Will we be confined to our cabin if there is an outbreak?  T

"Stuck sailing around waiting for a country to accept us"

Nope will not happen the reason is why the CDC has a requirement for a port / local health agreement.  There will be no more ships quarantined at sea.

"The cruise ship operator has a written agreement (or a multi-port agreement) with all U.S. port and local health authorities where the cruise ship intends to dock or make port during a simulated voyage. The written agreement must specifically include the name of the cruise ship that will be conducting the simulation and meet the standards of the CSO and CDC’s technical instructions for Phase 2A of CDC’s CSO. The written agreement must include a:

• port component (including a vaccination component) between the cruise ship operator and port authority to determine the number of cruise ships operating out of any single port in order to not overburden the public health response resources of any single jurisdiction in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak;
  • medical care component between the cruise ship operator and health care entities, addressing evacuation and medical transport to onshore hospitals for passengers and crew in need of medical care, in accordance with CDC technical instructions and orders; and
  • housing component between the cruise ship operator and one or more shoreside facilities for isolation and quarantine of passengers or crew members with COVID-19 and close contacts, identified from the day of embarkation through disembarkation for each voyage."
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tinkertwo said:

Well we get stuck sailing around waiting for a country to except us?  Will we be confined to our cabin if there is an outbreak?

No. There won't be any outbreak on board to begin with, but if there was, that's what the shore agreements are for

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Reading the CC news  Royal Caribbean Announces 12 Cruise Ship Restart by End of August (cruisecritic.com)

I noticed a comment by Mr Bayley

"Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated," said Bayley. "As of today, 90 percent of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise."

Is this true CCers??

We are and most people we know are but  from reading CC, that seams very high

PR crap since they know some people arent happy they will not require anyone to be vaccinated on sailings other than bahamas and alaska.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Reading the CC news  Royal Caribbean Announces 12 Cruise Ship Restart by End of August (cruisecritic.com)

"Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated," said Bayley. "As of today, 90 percent of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise."

Is this true CCers??

Did they do this survey in Israel?  If not, it is pure marketing hopefulness.

jc<——— vaccinated along with the DW

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisegus said:

"Stuck sailing around waiting for a country to accept us"

Nope will not happen the reason is why the CDC has a requirement for a port / local health agreement.  There will be no more ships quarantined at sea.

"The cruise ship operator has a written agreement (or a multi-port agreement) with all U.S. port and local health authorities where the cruise ship intends to dock or make port during a simulated voyage. The written agreement must specifically include the name of the cruise ship that will be conducting the simulation and meet the standards of the CSO and CDC’s technical instructions for Phase 2A of CDC’s CSO. The written agreement must include a:

• port component (including a vaccination component) between the cruise ship operator and port authority to determine the number of cruise ships operating out of any single port in order to not overburden the public health response resources of any single jurisdiction in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak;
  • medical care component between the cruise ship operator and health care entities, addressing evacuation and medical transport to onshore hospitals for passengers and crew in need of medical care, in accordance with CDC technical instructions and orders; and
  • housing component between the cruise ship operator and one or more shoreside facilities for isolation and quarantine of passengers or crew members with COVID-19 and close contacts, identified from the day of embarkation through disembarkation for each voyage."

This is true, but good luck convincing people in this forum.  To them it is still March 5, 2020..... Time is frozen

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My gut feeling is that people who travel are more likely to be vaccinated just to cut through all of the red tape of having to get covid tested before they travel and not having to worry about special rules for unvaccinated visitors.

Not necessarily the case.  Whether or not you've been vaccinated, you have to get a covid test to fly into Hawaii (Oahu).  Once there, if you want to fly to Kauai, you need to get another covid test, even though you've been vaccinated and had your test prior to flying into Oahu.  How do I know this?  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt along with a receipt for $250 to get the extra covid test to fly to Kauai.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, karmacats said:

We went to disney world last dec (pre-vaccinations) because we heard the precautions were good, but found it really stressful and the precautions not really being enforced. 

You were brave! We weren't even venturing out in December except for grocery shopping. And I am kind of glad our Nov 1 TA on Allure was cancelled. It would not have been a good time to go to Spain, even if we were allowed. (which we weren't) 

4 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not necessarily the case.  Whether or not you've been vaccinated, you have to get a covid test to fly into Hawaii (Oahu).  Once there, if you want to fly to Kauai, you need to get another covid test, even though you've been vaccinated and had your test prior to flying into Oahu.  How do I know this?  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt along with a receipt for $250 to get the extra covid test to fly to Kauai.    

exception to the rule, which is probably changing soon.  Puerto Rico just change their rules and you no longer have to be tested flying in if fully Vacinated

DW and I both have had covid and are both vaccinated.

We don't care if anyone chooses NOT to do so. Hope we all sail together and put all this crap behind us. We started living normal lives again many months ago down here, and do get a chuckle out of the places that still want live scared and secluded.

Royal has not asked for our vax status or opinion. Have 4 booked as of now.

Edited by L454S
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Yes, same happened to my friend.  I even read on the Hawaii official site they accept only their tests etc.  Sounds kind of odd especially it was an email to come and visit.  Actually it's the last state I haven't visited and seems it could remain that way.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, L454S said:

DW and I both have had covid and are both vaccinated.

We don't care if anyone chooses NOT to do so. Hope we all sail together and put all this crap behind us. We started living normal lives again many months ago down here, and do get a chuckle out of the places that still want live scared and secluded.

Royal has not asked for our vax status or opinion. Have 4 booked as of now.

amen!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If YOU are vaccinated then live your life. Stop worrying,life is too short. You are protected. Not 1 documented case of a vaccinated person dying from covid. Fact check me if you like.

Hear, hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!  👍    100% agree.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

If YOU are vaccinated then live your life. Stop worrying,life is too short. You are protected. Not 1 documented case of a vaccinated person dying from covid. Fact check me if you like.

I agree wholeheartedly that vaccinated people should enjoy life and not worry about COVID-19 serious illness or death.  But it is not correct to say that not 1 vaccinated person has died from COVID.  As of June 1 there were just over 3000 breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths.  A total of of 535 fatalities.  But clearly a minuscule number given 135 million vaccinated people. That is the larger point. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Sorry

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/first-covid-19-related-death-in-vaccinated-person-reported-in-napa-county/2562307/

This isn't the only one

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, deliver42 said:

My opinion is if they don't require proof of vaccines, which they now won't, then anyone can walk around unmasked and not following their separate protocols with impunity. No thank you,

There will be no separate protocols.  We would ALL be treated as unvaccinated, the CDC/CSO does not allow for separate onboard protocols.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Is this true CCers??

Fake News!

You take real metrics out of context and you can say just about anything. 

TODAY 100% of cruisers (like those on cruises out of Nassau starting next week) have to be 100% vaccinated above the age of 16 and 12. And the number of unvaccinated kids flying to Nassau for a cruise is low. So, TODAY your vaccination metrics look good. If you open up US cruising to anyone, then your % vaccination will drop dramatically. 

6 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Hawaii is dropping testing requirements for vaccinated 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Hawaii is the US version of Canada. They have had the toughest restrictions of all this entire pandemic. It’s understandable since they are so remote. An outbreak like we had in NY would be devastating to them. My son had a trip planned for Hawaii last August that was on again off again. In the end he lifted and shifted to St Thomas which went into COVID lockdown two days after arrival.  He rented a condo from airBnB on the water so he still had a great vacation. Didn’t have to wear a mask to sit on the beach and the place was empty so social distancing wasn’t an issue.