90% of Royal cruisers are vaccinated or plan to be by cruise

Reading the CC news  Royal Caribbean Announces 12 Cruise Ship Restart by End of August (cruisecritic.com)

I noticed a comment by Mr Bayley

"Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated," said Bayley. "As of today, 90 percent of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise."

Is this true CCers??

We are and most people we know are but  from reading CC, that seams very high

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are all vax in my house.  We were going to do it anyway, I work in the Dental field and DH in a grocery store, so we were able to get ours months ago.  Our 16yo got hers just after her birthday, and no, she wasn't forced into it, she understands the necessity.  I honestly thought it would be mandatory to cruise...their ships, their rules.  

• Like 4

I think this was either based on survey data, or talking out their a$$.

If this forum is any indication, we wont be anywhere near 90%, but maybe it is a very vocal minority? not sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Reading the CC news  Royal Caribbean Announces 12 Cruise Ship Restart by End of August (cruisecritic.com)

"Thanks in large part to the successful rollout of vaccines, the world of adventure is beginning to open up, and we are all excited to start delivering great vacations to our guests, who have increasingly told us they are getting vaccinated," said Bayley. "As of today, 90 percent of all vacationers booking with Royal Caribbean are either vaccinated or planning to get vaccinated in time for their cruise."

Is this true CCers??

HA!  I think he is probably somewhere near (but not in) the ballpark on the percentage of Royal cruisers on CC that want a fully vaccinated cruise, and likely right on the Bahamas sailings because vaccines are pretty much required for those sailings.  He is fudging more than a little when he says 90% of those booked are vaccinated because they have not verified that in any way, shape or form, and will not be doing so on US sailings (other than Alaska).  But it sounds great in the media!

7 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I think this was either based on survey data, or talking out their a$$.

If this forum is any indication, we wont be anywhere near 90%, but maybe it is a very vocal minority? not sure.

I like the way you said it jrapps! 😂  I was trying to be polite above. 😉

• Like 3

I think it's probably true or darn close.  They've been sending out surveys for months now, so that is part of their data set.  But another part of the data is probably overall vax rates for what they know to be their core demographic.  Just look how many people (over a quarter of a million) applied to go on test cruises and tons of those people were commenting that they were fully vaccinated and ready to go.   

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

It doesn’t matter that Royal says that 90% of its passengers are vaccinated. Royal must certify that at least 95% of passengers are  vaccinated, or they will be required to subject all of us to protocols demanded by the CDC. Vaccinated people are unlikely to be harmed by those who are unvaccinated, but it is a pretty safe bet that our vacations will be diminished by them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

He is fudging more than a little when he says 90% of those booked are vaccinated because they have not verified that in any way, shape or form, and will not be doing so on US sailings (other than Alaska).  But it sounds great in the media!

I like the way you said it jrapps! 😂  I was trying to be polite above. 😉

Has anyone heard that RCCL still require vaccines for ALASKA this summer?  I haven't seen anything that said that.  We just booked an Aug 2021 cruise to Alaska because the RCCL website said all passengers must be vaccinated to board.   I was so excited to cruise when I heard everyone on board HAD to be vaccinated. I checked this morning & the RCCL cruises no longer says that on the website.  We booked less than a week ago & had to pay the full amount of the cruise upfront since we are so close to the travel date.  Do we have the option to back out if they say "no vaccines required" as it said when we booked the cruise?

Yes, you can back out, up to 2 days before sailing, for ANY reason whatsoever. The Cruise with Confidence policy applies to all bookings  made before July 31, 2021 for cruises scheduled up to September 2022. You won’t get your money back, but you will get a credit to book another cruise (must book by April 2022 and sail by September 2022). 

“A vaccine will remain required for anyone sailing from Seattle to Alaska who are 16 years of age or older, and those 12 or older as of Aug. 1.”  This is from the website Royal  Caribbean blog....com web site.  I am sure it is some where on the Royal website if you can find about requirements for sailing Alaska. 

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

Is this true CCers??

I have had both my Pfizer Vaccine jabs and my wife gets her second AZ vaccine jab on Wednesday so we will be fully vaccinated.

• Like 3

My thanks to the posters on this thread.  I'm trying to get some information on this subject, but the hate-filled, nasty, political threads all over this board are certainly off-putting.  I don't want to wade through all that to get some facts.

I think jrapps question, 

is a resounding yes, it's a very vocal minority!!

I have no political skin in this game; I just want to know what to expect when I cruise this Fall. 

• Like 3

There is another thread on this board about a survey some of us received about why we booked our current cruises. I am 99% sure the survey asked for vaccination status (already vaxxed, partially vaxxed, plan to be vaxxed by cruise, etc).  When i saw the announcement, that survey was the first thing i thought of - I'm wondering if that's where they got their data.

Personally, we've been fully vaxxed for a while and would not go on a cruise otherwise. We went to disney world last dec (pre-vaccinations) because we heard the precautions were good, but found it really stressful and the precautions not really being enforced. Even now, our next cruise isn't til sept 2022 - maybe we'll add one before then, but i want to see how the first months of cruising go.

• Like 4

I believe this to be somewhat true. I received a survey from Royal for a cruise I have booked next year that had a bunch of questions in it, one of which was am I vaccinated yet (no, am not eligible in my country yet) and whether I planned to be by the time the cruise goes ahead (yes, expect to be eligible by October).

So I think it’s reasonable that 90% of respondents to the survey said that they were either vaccinated or would be by cruise time, however they will be using data from the survey that was not sent to everyone, and was not responded to by everyone That received it to generalize to the entire population. 

• Like 1

I’m now fully vaccinated (AstraZ) and other half has just had his first Pfizer with second to come in August. We wouldn’t have been comfortable on our October TA from Spain otherwise...now we just hope it still goes ahead!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonbgd said:

Is this true CCers??

Lol,im sure its very scientific since idk anyone that has been asked this including my family. I could care less who is vaccinated or not....

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, karmacats said:

There is another thread on this board about a survey some of us received about why we booked our current cruises. I am 99% sure the survey asked for vaccination status (already vaxxed, partially vaxxed, plan to be vaxxed by cruise, etc).  When i saw the announcement, that survey was the first thing i thought of - I'm wondering if that's where they got their data.

Personally, we've been fully vaxxed for a while and would not go on a cruise otherwise. We went to disney world last dec (pre-vaccinations) because we heard the precautions were good, but found it really stressful and the precautions not really being enforced. Even now, our next cruise isn't til sept 2022 - maybe we'll add one before then, but i want to see how the first months of cruising go.

If YOU are vaccinated then live your life. Stop worrying,life is too short. You are protected. Not 1 documented case of a vaccinated person dying from covid. Fact check me if you like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder where they got their data. Statistics can be interpreted and shared in order to make things look they way they want it to. And I would expect nothing less at this point. 
We are booked in October on Oasis from Bayonne. Lift and shift, so we’re obviously ready to sail safely. 
We have not received  any emails asking about our vaccine status.  All we get are promo emails trying get sucker us into spending more money now...

Of course, I am expecting to be canceled, so I’m sure that’s why we were not asked anything.

55 minutes ago, karmacats said:

Went to DisneyWorld for a week in late January and they were doing a good job enforcing it.  Took all the precautions and felt comfortable while there.  The only problem was I flew to Florida and did not catch a cruise.

For us it's not about getting covid while on a cruise.  We are vaccinated so that's not a big worry.  What we worry about is if someone who is not vaccinated gets ill while on the cruise will it cut our cruise short?  Well we get stuck sailing around waiting for a country to except us?  Will we be confined to our cabin if there is an outbreak?  There's a lot more to it than we won't get sick so don't worry about it.  It's a lot of money for a 'what if' situation.  

I just don't know how RCL could possibly know that 90% are either vaccinated or plan to be.  Sounds made up to me.  

• Like 4