Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston

19cruiser59

34 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

That was our first symptom too. Woke up one morning and couldn't smell or taste my coffee!! 

Oh my!!! That would be awful for sure - I love both the taste AND smell of it brewing!  Hope you are better now.  A coworker had CV months ago and her sense of taste/smell still isn't back to normal.  She said if she can even taste anything, it tastes horrible.  Other friends who had CV months ago are just trying to regain their strength - still struggling with great fatigue. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m a Saints fan/season ticket holder and Saint _______ is a fairly common name on the Saints message board which is where I first registered it September 6th 2000.

Who Dat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

It seems like people who lost their sense of taste and smell would have gotten tested so they would know to quarantine and stay away from other people.  My son's BIL lost his sense of taste and smell, which caused him to get a test.  That prompted my son to get a test and my son found out he had covid too.

My mom lost her taste and smell and had a months long cough back in like January or something long before covid was even on our radar here in the US (regular folks, anyway) so of course she was never tested.  It was only looking back after the pandemic was declared that she figured she had it "a few months ago".

• Like 4

Sorry if this has been answered, but for the initial July sailings out of Galveston, will masks be required even though they are requiring passengers to be vaccinated?  Or do we know yet?  I've read SO MANY posts re: the startup that my head is spinning and can't keep it all straight!  😵 We have a 9/11/2021 booking on the Mardi Gras, but would consider moving to one of these initial cruises, depending on the restrictions.  I expect the MG will be quite restricted since she will be sailing out of FL - but who knows.

4 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Sorry if this has been answered, but for the initial July sailings out of Galveston, will masks be required even though they are requiring passengers to be vaccinated?  Or do we know yet?  I've read SO MANY posts re: the startup that my head is spinning and can't keep it all straight!  😵 We have a 9/11/2021 booking on the Mardi Gras, but would consider moving to one of these initial cruises, depending on the restrictions.  I expect the MG will be quite restricted since she will be sailing out of FL - but who knows.

The protocols haven't been announced yet to the best of my knowledge.  Masks are unlikely for the vaccinated.

Just now, jsglow said:

The protocols haven't been announced yet to the best of my knowledge.  Masks are unlikely for the vaccinated.

Thank you!  NO MASKS would make sense for sure.....but that means we'll probably have to wear them - LOL!!!

25 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

20 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Carnival has announced some of the protocols - first to those on the July sailings and now to everyone on their Web site at https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521#texas .

TL,DR - masks aren't required on the ship, but they're still required on most transportation to the ship, and they may be required in any port that's visited.

According to the link, no young children.  That is different than the email someone posted.

Cruises from Galveston are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific itineraries from Galveston: 

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.*
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for cruises from Galveston incorporate guidance from the CDC and Texas officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
* With certain exemptions, including those required by law
Edited by TNcruising02

28 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

According to the link, no young children.  That is different than the email someone posted.

Cruises from Galveston are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific itineraries from Galveston: 

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.*
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for cruises from Galveston incorporate guidance from the CDC and Texas officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
* With certain exemptions, including those required by law

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 

I think the fine print behind the asterisk is important here.  Kids under 12 would seem to be part of the exempt group.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

If the laws applied to cruise ships, perhaps. But I think Carnival has already stated they do not believe the Texas law applies to them. They may take a different approach with Florida 

Very clearly the Texas law applies to them. Very clearly the Florida law applies to them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

IMO, "all forms of transportation" applies to cruise ships, which leads me to believe that masks will be required, until we are told otherwise by the CDC and/or CCL.  Just the way I interpret the notice from CCL on their site.  Until we are told "no masks required", I'll assume we will have to wear a mask.  We are both fully vaxxed, so we have that part covered.  Just don't want to cover anything else with a mask!  LOL!

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

Very clearly the Texas law applies to them. Very clearly the Florida law applies to them.

No, Look at (e)(1).  The port of Galveston has said they will be able to ask for proof of vaccination.

Sec. 161.0085.  COVID-19 VACCINE PASSPORTS PROHIBITED. (a)  

In this section, "COVID-19" means the 2019 novel coronavirus
  disease.
         (b)  A governmental entity in this state may not issue a
  vaccine passport, vaccine pass, or other standardized
  documentation to certify an individual's COVID-19 vaccination
  status to a third party for a purpose other than health care or
  otherwise publish or share any individual's COVID-19 immunization
  record or similar health information for a purpose other than
  health care.
         (c)  A business in this state may not require a customer to
  provide any documentation certifying the customer's COVID-19
  vaccination or post-transmission recovery on entry to, to gain
  access to, or to receive service from the business. A business that
  fails to comply with this subsection is not eligible to receive a
  grant or enter into a contract payable with state funds.
         (d)  Notwithstanding any other law, each appropriate state
  agency shall ensure that businesses in this state comply with
  Subsection (c) and may require compliance with that subsection as a
  condition for a license, permit, or other state authorization
  necessary for conducting business in this state.
         (e)  This section may not be construed to:
               (1)  restrict a business from implementing COVID-19
  screening and infection control protocols in accordance with state
  and federal law to protect public health; or
               (2)  interfere with an individual's right to access the
  individual's personal health information under federal law.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Very clearly not. When Congress passed the Alaska Recovery act they validated the authority of the CDC over cruising and the states can't do anything about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

IMO, "all forms of transportation" applies to cruise ships, which leads me to believe that masks will be required, until we are told otherwise by the CDC and/or CCL.  Just the way I interpret the notice from CCL on their site.  Until we are told "no masks required", I'll assume we will have to wear a mask.  We are both fully vaxxed, so we have that part covered.  Just don't want to cover anything else with a mask!  LOL!

The CDC relaxed the mask requirement for cruisers while eating meals and while outside for vaccinated passengers.  I can't stand masks either and will only wear one when required by a business.  I remove it as soon as possible.  I haven't had to wear one since the grocery stores have relaxed their rules, but I will this weekend when flying.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I think i'll wait for the Courts or the Govt to decide whether Cruise ships fall under Federal or State Jurisdictions.  No offense but....

I'll forgive you for not believing in texas. ..though I think you are wrong about texas.

Maybe being in canada has you confused. I think texas is a go and carnival lawyers have looked at the law. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

I think i'll wait for the Courts or the Govt to decide whether Cruise ships fall under Federal or State Jurisdictions.  No offense but....

Good call.  I hate you have to endure the condescending comments from our second largest state.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

My 83-year-old mother had Covid in December and her doctor said she should get the vaccine, which she did in May.  Both shots.

I have been known to use both belt and suspenders too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'll forgive you for not believing in texas. ..though I think you are wrong about texas.

Maybe being in canada has you confused. I think texas is a go and carnival lawyers have looked at the law. 

Im referring to all the back and forth on here between the "yes they are federal" "no they are not federal" crowds.  Plus im from Canada I tried once on here to interpret one of your laws and got shredded for it lol.😬

12 hours ago, skridge said:

Good call.  I hate you have to endure the condescending comments from our second largest state.

I live in Alberta which is the Texas of Canada so not really enduring anything lol same arguments going on up here all the time.

17 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

The CDC relaxed the mask requirement for cruisers while eating meals and while outside for vaccinated passengers.  I can't stand masks either and will only wear one when required by a business.  I remove it as soon as possible.  I haven't had to wear one since the grocery stores have relaxed their rules, but I will this weekend when flying.

So we would still have to wear a mask a majority of the time if not in our cabin as it stands right now.....no thanks.