Vaccine Required! For July in Galveston

19cruiser59

Just need to know if August 28th Vista from Galveston will be the same as I'll need to figure out 3rd person. 4yo can't get vaccine 12 yo can but it's 1st week of school so not sure and need to get them vaccinated NOW.

• Like 1

No more confusion. I like that! i feel really bad for those that are not vaccinated because this is a real last minute flip, and I know it hurts. But, even though I favor not being forced to be vaccinated, the CDC's protocols for a mixed set of passengers is totally unworkable for everybody. It would have been a disaster. So, let's cruise!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, txgranny said:

Just need to know if August 28th Vista from Galveston will be the same as I'll need to figure out 3rd person. 4yo can't get vaccine 12 yo can but it's 1st week of school so not sure and need to get them vaccinated NOW.

They don’t seem ready to make an announcement on august yet. This may be a month to month deal until we’re back to normal.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They don’t seem ready to make an announcement on august yet. This may be a month to month deal until we’re back to normal.

Week to week since they held out making any announcement till after the hearing in Florida.

I know there are plenty who will disagree, but i honestly hope the news will be the same for Horizon at least as far as July cruises go.  Lets get some cruises going !!

Edited by 19cruiser59
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

No worries here....fully vaccinated.  Just having a hard time waiting for our Jan cruise!

I was having such a hard time waiting for February that I booked an impulse cruise last week for November.  I feel you!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, stellarose said:

we need the CSO to be lifted right if people don't want to vaccinated or can't be vaccinated. right?

Right cso says masks required if the cruise isnt a vaccinated cruise. 

For me this is good, not so good for many families on my roll call not knowing if they need to cancel.

• Like 3

ok.  again, cases are going down. we are hosting a real live outdoor graduation tonight. (sorry my son didn't get it last year ,but I will make it up to him for college graduation).

each day brings new information.  

Lets cruise. - SAFELY.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, stellarose said:

ok.  again, cases are going down. we are hosting a real live outdoor graduation tonight. (sorry my son didn't get it last year ,but I will make it up to him for college graduation).

each day brings new information.  

Lets cruise. - SAFELY.

Wow.  Sorry to hear about your son not getting a graduation ceremony last year.  Glad my son did.  Can't imagine.  Definitely other ways to celebrate though.  I agree - each day brings new information.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

IMHO, that was the best decision Carnival could make under the circumstances. Kudos to Carnival.

Yes, as John said, they have to get ships sailing with passengers, vet the protocols and prove cruising is safe. I'm sure the CDC wants this as well.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

No more confusion. I like that! i feel really bad for those that are not vaccinated because this is a real last minute flip, and I know it hurts. But, even though I favor not being forced to be vaccinated, the CDC's protocols for a mixed set of passengers is totally unworkable for everybody. It would have been a disaster. So, let's cruise!

Now people with those cruises can move forward with their vacation plans.  Hopefully, Carnival will announce firm plans with their sailings out of other ports.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

This is for July only so you might want to wait a bit if possible. Perhaps you wont have to cancel your August trip once they announce what they will do for August cruises.

Unless I am mistaken, i'm fairly certain John mentioned this morning that that we could have some August news this week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Now people with those cruises can move forward with their vacation plans.  Hopefully, Carnival will announce firm plans with their sailings out of other ports.

I failed to mention that I'm also sorry for those that have children under the age of 12. This is a real bummer for them too. For me, my children are grown and gone, so I'm not affected by this decision.

I can only pray that solutions will be forth coming quickly for all!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

I failed to mention that I'm also sorry for those that have children under the age of 12. This is a real bummer for them too. For me, my children are grown and gone, so I'm not affected by this decision.

I can only pray that solutions will be forth coming quickly for all!

Maybe by August they will find a way to exclude vaccination requirements for children who are not eligible.  They can easily enforce mask mandates with children.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regoodwinjr said:

That was just a motion from the CDC and not a ruling from the judge.

Please attribute the right quotes to the right posters.

I did not make this comment.

"we need the CSO to be lifted right if people don't want to vaccinated or can't be vaccinated. right? "

See post #13 in this thread for the poster who made this comment.