Cocaine found on RC ship

I don't get how this could happen if (reported on another thread) the crew has not been allowed off any ship while in any port for many months.  Seems like the contraband was transported onto the ship by another ship -- if that's the case it would have had to involve a pretty high level officer.  Don't see any other way.  Maybe @ace2542 has a theory? 😇

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I don't get how this could happen if (reported on another thread) the crew has not been allowed off any ship while in any port for many months.  Seems like the contraband was transported onto the ship by another ship -- if that's the case it would have had to involve a pretty high level officer.  Don't see any other way.  Maybe @ace2542 has a theory? 😇

Where has Serenade been docked prior to June 6? Any random Caribbean islands? It'd be pretty easy to be the inside guy for someone and conveniently overlooking that pallet of cargo especially at a time when not a lot of eyes are on the cruise ships.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

All I want to know is if they were wearing their masks when the contraband was found. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The did stop once every couple of weeks for re-supply and re-fuel. Could have happened in one of these.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Where has Serenade been docked prior to June 6? Any random Caribbean islands? It'd be pretty easy to be the inside guy for someone and conveniently overlooking that pallet of cargo especially at a time when not a lot of eyes are on the cruise ships.

True -- you have a good point.  I didn't think of that, but as you mentioned it could have gone through with the loading of other supplies. 

1 minute ago, Cracker55 said:

Did I read it wrong?

From the article:

“Officers in Port Everglades FL were notified by a First Officer of a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that 28 bricks of cocaine, weighing more than 31 kgs was discovered while doing routine inspections. The drugs, were seized by CBPO’s.” Mr. Foret said.

• Thanks 1