All Royal Caribbean Summer Florida Cruises Fully Booked

• At Sea At Peace changed the title to All Royal Caribbean Summer Florida Cruises Fully Booked
1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Why , all sailings have reduced capacity and there are alot of FCC out there to be used? Why so surprised?

I guess I am surprised because of all the restrictions on board (fees for testing, separate venues, wearing of masks, etc.) that so many decided to cruise this summer rather than wait until things are less restrictive. I have no words is all....not being negative in any way...

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why , all sailings have reduced capacity and there are alot of FCC out there to be used? Why so surprised?

Good points.

It still surprised me also with myriad of protocols, changes, passenger mix, etc. comments over the past month or so here on CC.

32 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

I guess I am surprised because of all the restrictions on board (fees for testing, separate venues, wearing of masks, etc.) that so many decided to cruise this summer rather than wait until things are less restrictive. I have no words is all....not being negative in any way...

Yep, me also.  

I guess it's a positive (and thankfully not a 'case' 😉 🙄).

• Like 1

There is no guarantee that 2022 will be any better than the rest of this year, so I suspect people are just sick of waiting.

Experts are expecting another COVID wave to hit the US this fall, so I suspect that the fall/winter 2021 and spring 2022 sailings are still going to be subject to protocol restrictions.

2 hours ago, kdnurs said:

I guess all those people on here who said the ships will sail empty due to all the restrictions are wrong.  Imagine that...

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

The only Covid wave that will hit will be for the Unvaxxed.  If they get through it they will bring things closer to herd immunity.  Best way to know how to get through it and avoid another wave is get vaccinated!!

Let's just hope that if another COVID wave hits all those unvaccinated individuals, that it hits them on land and not at sea where it could put the entire industry into ruin.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, kdnurs said:

20% of the fleet is sailing at 40% of capacity and summer is only another 8 weeks.

I'm speechless that folks can't understand how this all pencils out.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

20% of the fleet is sailing at 40% of capacity and summer is only another 8 weeks.

Well there you go.  

So, the RCCL Florida summer cruises are at 8% (20% of 40%) of capacity?  

Didn't know that.

Guess the HEADLINE got my attention.

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Exactly. All sold out means is they hit the capacity cap that they set for themselves which is a fairly empty ship.

We also have no idea what percentage of the people who have booked these cruises are fully vaccinated. Or what percentage are comfortable wearing masks.

For all those that are surprised that they sold out, I'm surprised that they didn't sell out months ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Exactly. All sold out means is they hit the capacity cap that they set for themselves which is a fairly empty ship.

We also have no idea what percentage of the people who have booked these cruises are fully vaccinated. Or what percentage are comfortable wearing masks.

For all those that are surprised that they sold out, I'm surprised that they didn't sell out months ago.

From what I'm figuring out from reading on Cruise Critic and Facebook, capacity seems to be 38% to 40%.  

7 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Good points.

It still surprised me also with myriad of protocols, changes, passenger mix, etc. comments over the past month or so here on CC.

Yep, me also.  

I guess it's a positive (and thankfully not a 'case' 😉 🙄).

Because cruise critic represents hardly any percentage of total cruisers. Most people just want to cruise and not argue on forums

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Because cruise critic represents hardly any percentage of total cruisers. Most people just want to cruise and not argue on forums

Yep on the first point.

Yep, sadly, on the second.  Very disappointing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I saw some posts on social media about today's Freedom sailing being sold out and them cancelling and/or asking people to cancel. 

I saw that on FB.  Several people including a family that had already traveled to meet the ship were cancelled.  Apparently, there was no asking people to cancel, they just cancelled them.  I'm really surprised there isn't a thread here because it's a big topic on FB.

Also, stating the cruises out of FL are "fully booked" is misleading to people who don't follow all the news.  Capacity is so much lower right now.

There's also some question as  to whether the cancellations actually happened.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

I saw that on FB.  Several people including a family that had already traveled to meet the ship were cancelled.  Apparently, there was no asking people to cancel, they just cancelled them.  I'm really surprised there isn't a thread here because it's a big topic on FB.

Also, stating the cruises out of FL are "fully booked" is misleading to people who don't follow all the news.  Capacity is so much lower right now.

There's also some question as  to whether the cancellations actually happened.

Where on Facebook are you seeing this? If true I am very surprised it's not all over cruise critic by now. I must not be part of the right Facebook groups.

Its good that people are feeling comfortable cruising and the world just seems to be heading in the right direction again. Sad people are being cancelled late on esp if they have already paid out for flights hotels etc. Hopefully these bumps in the road will be sorted over next few months.

• Like 1

We had a cruise delayed in new york last year and rcl were very quick in offering a to pay to move flights and pay for hotel costs (not food) for those who didnt want to wait to see if cruise went ahead. Whilst not good to miss the cruise they must offer some sort of compensation.

1 hour ago, chrisc71 said:

Just wondering how they have been booked since 2020 when these cruises just went on sale last month.  Freedom was supposed to be in Cape Liberty now. 

That is odd

1 hour ago, chrisc71 said:

Just wondering how they have been booked since 2020 when these cruises just went on sale last month.  Freedom was supposed to be in Cape Liberty now. 

The Freedom took the place of the Navigator sailings this summer. Anyone originally booked on Navigator were moved to Freedom then other cabins were opened up.