Alfredo's Pizzeria ?

monakayk

On 7/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, Thrak said:

My wife and I find the Lido deck pizza to be pretty awful. Not much sauce. Not much taste. We usually try a slice to see if it's gotten any better but often don't finish the slice because it's so bad. We do eat Alfredo's pizza if there is one on the ship. We share one because that's just about the perfect amount for us.

Guess you do not know. You can tell them what you want and how much of each item. They will make it for you. I usually have them use the ball of dough but make a personal size pizza with it. A lot smaller but thicker. That is our choice. We do not care for thin hard cruise pizza. Just us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I think we had other types of pizza on the Majestic. I do remember that some of the choices seemed odd to my Midwest palate but I'm thinking pepperoni was a choice. 

Thanks…in 92 days we’ll get to see if Majestic’s menu is different than what we’ve had on Royal, Regal & Sky. 😋🍕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…in 92 days we’ll get to see if Majestic’s menu is different than what we’ve had on Royal, Regal & Sky. 😋🍕

Have fun! One of our favorite meals on the Majestic was their noodle bar. It will be interesting to see if they have kept it since moving to US ports. (It was on the pool bar area-near the burger/hotdog stand)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Have fun! One of our favorite meals on the Majestic was their noodle bar. It will be interesting to see if they have kept it since moving to US ports. (It was on the pool bar area-near the burger/hotdog stand)

Thanks & we do plan to eat at the Noodle Bar located in the pizza space on other ships…did you eat at Harmony?

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks & we do plan to eat at the Noodle Bar located in the pizza space on other ships…did you eat at Harmony?

We didn't: we just ate at the MDR and of course pizza and noodle bar, oh and International Cafe...frequently, we'd grab a noodle dish and then go into the buffet to get some fruit or salad to go with our noodles. We still ate on the pool deck.  We found the service at the noodle bar (for drinks) was much more efficient than either the MDR or the buffet.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Guess you do not know. You can tell them what you want and how much of each item. They will make it for you. I usually have them use the ball of dough but make a personal size pizza with it. A lot smaller but thicker. That is our choice. We do not care for thin hard cruise pizza. Just us.

No. I did not know!  I will have to give that a try. Small, personal size pizza. Plenty of sauce, thicker crust. Lots of pepperoni. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, Thrak said:

My wife and I find the Lido deck pizza to be pretty awful. Not much sauce. Not much taste. We usually try a slice to see if it's gotten any better but often don't finish the slice because it's so bad. We do eat Alfredo's pizza if there is one on the ship. We share one because that's just about the perfect amount for us.

Tried Lido deck pizza once. One bite and tossed it. I have better ways to spend my calories.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Tried Lido deck pizza once. One bite and tossed it. I have better ways to spend my calories.

I couldn't agree more. The pizza on the Lido is terrible at best. We've tried it a few times, to much grease/oil on it, nasty. We'll try Alfredo's on our up coming cruise on the Majestic, we'll see how that is. Never again will we try to eat the Lido pizza and I'll eat almost anything.

I haven't yet been on the Majestic so I may be speaking out of school, but I've read this ship has NO pizza up on the Lido deck at all.😮

I'm with @Thrak about it usually not being very good.  In addition, I think their pepperoni's are usually greasy.    Good to know @ALWAYS CRUIZIN that we can request a personal size up there!  Alfredo's is a totally different pizza experience.  Hubs usually gets the "Majestic" (named for whichever ship you're on) which has meats and I usually get the "Vegetariano" (all veggies) and we share both.  I love their calzones too!!

On 7/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, Thrak said:

My mom (not a great cook) used to by Chef Boyardee stuff. She meant to buy something else (can't remember what because I was maybe 9 years old at the time) and accidentally bought a box of stuff for a pizza. We had never heard of pizza. (Given that it was a Chef Boyardee thing it obviously wasn't much of a pizza) but we ate it and it was kind of okay. Hey... We had absolutely no point of reference. I remember thinking it was kind of weird.

Thank you so much for the memories of the boxed pizza kit for Chef Boyardee, Thrak (I think it was a packet of parm, pouch for the crust mix and can of sauce?).  My mom was, and still is at 75, a great cook, and perfected this with the right type of aluminum baking pans, olive oil, and cornmeal to help the crust crisp.  And added mozz, of course.  She got 2 pizzas out of the kit, so they ended up being thin crust and good for the budget.  

DH and I looooooooved Alfredos and visited many times for pizza and tiramisu on the Regal in 2019. Our next 2 (rescheduled and again rescheduled) Princess sailings are on the Caribbean Princess in 2022 (March Caribbean and July NE).  I don't know what pizza expectations to have.  

2 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

Our next 2 (rescheduled and again rescheduled) Princess sailings are on the Caribbean Princess in 2022 (March Caribbean and July NE).  I don't know what pizza expectations to have.  

Caribbean Princess has Slice on Lido Deck. It's "slightly" better than Prego which was the regular Lido Deck pizza on the Grand class ships. I "think" they have all been rebranded now. (My wife and I do not care for the pizza from Prego.) The menu is slightly expanded but not much. You may get lucky and have Alfredo's Pizza offered one or two days in Sabatini's. We've had that happen on some ships. I can't remember if they did it on Caribbean Princess or not. I "think" they did but can't remember for sure. Sabatini's is on Promenade Deck on Caribbean Princess.

Edited by Thrak

On 7/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Jeter02 said:

Yes, it's free and delicious. I'm sure I have a picture of the many somewhere I will try to find it and pull it up for you.

I’m sure going to miss Alfredo’s when we sail on Ruby  a year from now.  I loved it on Grand (twice) and the Sun Princess in 2003.  Best crust!  Toppings were amazing, too.  

20 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

I’m sure going to miss Alfredo’s when we sail on Ruby  a year from now.  I loved it on Grand (twice) and the Sun Princess in 2003.  Best crust!  Toppings were amazing, too.  

If you’re ever on a Royal-Class ship they have a tasty multi course menu…appetizers, soup, salad, pasta, pizza & dessert…Molto Bene! 😋

rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer