The Daily for Friday Jul 16, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

It is 80°F here.

Spinach and cod sound good.

We have been to Corunna several times in sailings from Southampton.

We went back to Keswick and lake Derwentwater today and had lunch again at the Borrowdale hotel.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210716_120213.jpg

IMG_20210716_121908.jpg

IMG_20210716_133825.jpg

IMG_20210716_133832.jpg

IMG_20210716_121557.jpg

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Afternoon everyone.

It is 80°F here.

Spinach and cod sound good.

We have been to Corunna several times in sailings from Southampton.

We went back to Keswick and lake Derwentwater today and had lunch again at the Borrowdale hotel.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210716_120213.jpg

IMG_20210716_121908.jpg

IMG_20210716_133825.jpg

IMG_20210716_133832.jpg

IMG_20210716_121557.jpg

great photos.Wish I new how to post mine.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So I wonder how that will affect the Alaska season. Will the cruise ship companies just drop in a service call to Victoria?

This year's season will end before Nov. 1st. and will operate as scheduled without Canada, is the way I'm understanding it.  2022 I have no idea since there's still talk of eliminating the technical stops. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So I wonder how that will affect the Alaska season. Will the cruise ship companies just drop in a service call to Victoria?

I don’t think it will make any difference this year. If all remains equal (delta or other variant not taking hold) cruising should return to pre pandemic ways.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, irishjim said:

great photos.Wish I new how to post mine.

Do you store photos in the "gallery" on your phone, tablet or computer? Then you should see an add files feature to post on your comment and summit reply...maybe that helps?😉  Katie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In other good news for Ontario we can eat inside restaurants once again. Just in time since today as a total rain day stretching into tomorrow. We can meet up inside with friends and have larger gatherings outside. Lots of things are open again with limited capacity but open. We are still masking indoors but finally making some big steps. Essex county has no new outbreaks as of this morning. Still being careful and hope others are too

• Like 14

I just took a quick walk to the park at the end of our block (5 houses away) to take some photos of the smoke from the wildfires.  I thought I'd share one with you in case you have never experienced it.  Usually we can see clearly to the downtown core of our city, but as you can tell, today's not one of those days.  Now coming in from outdoors, I smell like I've sat in front of a campfire for a couple of hours with the smoke coming in my direction, no matter where I moved.

Smoke.JPG.f773121a0fdee7db982f367f89a83c6a.JPG

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7

55 minutes ago, superoma said:

Trudeau is hinting that he might open the border to fully vaccinated visitors by the end of august...

...The border opening will depend on what happens with the delta variant and details on how it would actually work are still lacking. I do know a Covid testing site is being set up on the Canadian side of the ambassador bridge but again actual details of how things will work are still lacking.

I have been hearing about the August reopening from several sources. But as you imply, the devil is in the details.

The last time we were at our cottage was November 2019. Hopefully Mitzi and I will be seeing this again soon!

DSC_0349.thumb.JPG.bbdd0c4040c3255fb76a8060acca08e8.JPG

1222127436_DSC_0128(2).thumb.JPG.8eb5efaec2fbcc4e0c3b5be0a1e67672.JPG

2057086722_DSC_0140(3).thumb.JPG.2cd891abb0e60c8395e41d5602981d06.JPG

20171010_190712.thumb.jpg.f4b9508c2f9d8d95a5c71ca4b07165ef.jpg

• Like 23

Good morning everyone. I had a wonderful visit with daughter and two grandkids. The smoke held off for the most part while they were here but it is scary to know the nations largest wild fire is less then ten miles away and doubling almost daily. Right now it is 241,497 acres and only 7 percent contained. There are over two thousand personnel on the fire. We have been receiving notices about five times a day but today they talked about a 30,000 foot pyrocumlus cloud that collapsed on itself yesterday sending wild winds and embers over the firefighters who had to withdraw for safety. My prayers are with the fire personnel and all whose homes are in the path of the fire. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

20 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good morning everyone. I had a wonderful visit with daughter and two grandkids. The smoke held off for the most part while they were here but it is scary to know the nations largest wild fire is less then ten miles away and doubling almost daily. Right now it is 241,497 acres and only 7 percent contained. There are over two thousand personnel on the fire. We have been receiving notices about five times a day but today they talked about a 30,000 foot pyrocumlus cloud that collapsed on itself yesterday sending wild winds and embers over the firefighters who had to withdraw for safety. My prayers are with the fire personnel and all whose homes are in the path of the fire. 

Good grief that's scary - please get things ready to leave if you have to! 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garlictown said:

Do you store photos in the "gallery" on your phone, tablet or computer? Then you should see an add files feature to post on your comment and summit reply...maybe that helps?😉  Katie

Thank you for your reply.I can use the Gallery to add photos but only to members album and not to the Fourm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Thank you for your reply.I can use the Gallery to add photos but only to members album and not to the Fourm.

Have you tried the choose files?

It will bring up your album and you just choose the ones you want. 

Here’s a screenshot with choose files circled in green

E1908D74-0F1B-4F2B-B261-B20AE62D3C75.thumb.jpeg.5db40a039cc8b3e09dc74fd8b666477c.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

Here’s a screenshot with choose files circles in green

E1908D74-0F1B-4F2B-B261-B20AE62D3C75.thumb.jpeg.5db40a039cc8b3e09dc74fd8b666477c.jpeg

Tank you.I will try that an see what happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

It's a long drive to Long Beach, but we thought we'd go somewhere different than Ocean Shores 😉  

Westport and Kalaloch can also be good Washington beach destinations that are not Ocean Shores. Long Beach might have more to offer your DGS, though.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Westport and Kalaloch can also be good Washington beach destinations that are not Ocean Shores. Long Beach might have more to offer your DGS, though.

DH and I went to Westport by ourselves earlier in the year and loved it.  But yes, I think DGS will have more to do in Long Beach.  We definitely will get back to Westport though (haven't been to Kalaloch yet). 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I just took a quick walk to the park at the end of our block (5 houses away) to take some photos of the smoke from the wildfires.  I thought I'd share one with you in case you have never experienced it.  Usually we can see clearly to the downtown core of our city, but as you can tell, today's not one of those days.  Now coming in from outdoors, I smell like I've sat in front of a campfire for a couple of hours with the smoke coming in my direction, no matter where I moved.

I just checked your Air Quality Index reading for Saskatoon and it is 329 (Hazardous). As a reference, our air quality index shows between 10-16 (good) in the little town of Skykomish.

Stay safe and avoid the outside air if you can.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Good for you!  I had the old one in 2012 and should have gotten the new. DH just left for Publix to get his first one. A new painful area popped up. Ouch. 

I thought the old vaccine would protect me. I didn't keep up with the science. Then my Doctor told me that I really needed to get the new vaccine to be better protected. I have friends and relatives who have had.shingles. It is not fun. 

We should be telling everyone that they need to have the new vaccine or else they are subject to this nasty thing.

I hope your meds keep this to a minimum.

Jim

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 10

44 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Oh my gosh.  It is getting very scary.  We've had a lot of brush fires along highways and freeways that they think are being intentionally set...what's wrong with people?!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

DH and I went to Westport by ourselves earlier in the year and loved it.  But yes, I think DGS will have more to do in Long Beach.  We definitely will get back to Westport though (haven't been to Kalaloch yet). 

Looks like Marsh's Free Museum made it through all the COVID-19 stuff. That is always worth a stop for kids of all ages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, kazu said:

Here’s a screenshot with choose files circled in green

Not sure what @irishjim is experiencing, but there is definitely a glitch somewhere.  When at home, I'm usually on a relatively modern MacBook Air and the "choose files" function doesn't function for me.  It's just a "dead" button.  If I want to post photos, I have to go do this process on my iPad, and that works normally.

I figure I could probably change browsers or update an operating system or some such, but frankly don't have the patience, since everything else works well and I don't want to gum up the works.

Technology can be frustrating at times.  🤯 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Not sure what @irishjim is experiencing, but there is definitely a glitch somewhere.  When at home, I'm usually on a relatively modern MacBook Air and the "choose files" function doesn't function for me.  It's just a "dead" button.  If I want to post photos, I have to go do this process on my iPad, and that works normally.

I figure I could probably change browsers or update an operating system or some such, but frankly don't have the patience, since everything else works well and I don't want to gum up the works.

Technology can be frustrating at times.  🤯 

P1090858.JPG

P1090861.JPG

P1090862.JPG

P1090863.JPG

P1090864.JPG

P1100824.JPG

P1100825.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1