The Daily for Monday Jul 19, 2021

richwmn

10 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I really miss the Princendam and the Amsterdam..... Don't think I could really handle those mega ships.... am going to have to broaden my HAL experience. All of the ships that was used to are gone now.

After the Prinsendam my favorite Dam ship was the Zaandam.  Glad it's still here.

24 minutes ago, atexsix said:

So glad everything turned out today and I hope you are not in any pain.

No pain.  Some sensitivity to cold but that;s it ,  knock on wood.

Roy

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you.

I think it all started with Lupus, which she's had most of her life.  It seems like she's spent most of her daughters' lives away from them in the hospital...at least a large part of their lives.

Sorry to hear this, hope that a suitable new kidney will be quickly found.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

After the Prinsendam my favorite Dam ship was the Zaandam.  Glad it's still here.

No pain.  Some sensitivity to cold but that;s it ,  knock on wood.

Roy

I enjoyed the Zaandam too, we had tentative plans for a South America trip on her, but Covid interrupted that. 

• Like 5

Thanks for all the daily information and the photos.

@Lady Hudsoncongratulations on your 52nd Anniversary.

@smitty34877thank you for sharing the photo of sweet little Miss Camilla.

@cat shepardsorry to read of your accident. 

@rafinmdRoy, it's good to know that it's OK to wait until August 17th for the Root Canal.

@JazzyV very best wishes for successful surgery tomorrow.

Today Tuesday is sunny, temperature 9 C.

Take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NextOne said:

OK - I've discovered this is a dangerous group to hang out with! After the recent discussion of the NA's repositioning cruise in October, I'm seriously considering signing on the SD to FLL segment. This would be my first solo trip, so I'd like to hear any thoughts & advice you might have before I book it. Thanks!

@cat shephard welcome back! Sorry to hear about your injury though.

Miss Camilla continues to take those "baby steps" towards home - yay!

Cheers to all who are celebrating and prayers to those that need them.

I'm probably not the one to talk here because in real life I'm pretty much a loner and very comfortable by my self but I will still urge you to consider it.  I am actually quite interested in that trip as well.  I've been on all the classes so far except the Signature.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all and thanks to Rich for the Daily.Roy,thank you for both lists and thanks to the  Food and Beverage department as well. The clam recipe looks wonderful!I will celebrate new friends day and raspberry cake but will leave the drinks for all of you.

We have not been to the port. I enjoyed your pictures Graham @grapau27.It always looks so beautiful  in your backyard as well.

Miss Camilla bid adieu to her fisherman  Dad who is bobbing in the Atlantic  for two weeks.She takes one step forward,one back but we are hopeful she will be released  within  a few weeks. 

5003.jpeg

So wonderful to see Miss Camilla. She always shows the latest in fashion. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

What fun to read most of the Daily this evening.  Wonderful comments and pictures.  Thank you everyone who takes time to join in.  Roy and Rich, I appreciate all the work you do.  Prayers to all and cheers to everyone celebrating.

Baby Camilla is so cute.  Prayers for her dad the fisherman and her mom for strength to carry on.  

Weather is hot and dry here.  Oregon has a huge wildfire in the southern part of the state.  Those firefighters are brave men and women.  Great news that Canada is opening soon.  Maybe my sister and brother-in-law in Nevada  will be able to visit their son in Toronto soon.  

Stay well and safe everyone.  

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you both so much.  It is such a worry...and she's only about 41, two little girls...

Sending your cousin our prayers too.

Hopefully she will receive another donated Kidney soon.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party here. 

One question (from someone who doesn’t get out much):

There are a number of pictures from markets grocery sections that show what appears to be olives? I’m only familiar with the bottled green brined or the canned and brined black ones. 

If these are fresh, what are people doing with them?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, aliaschief said:

DW returns tomorrow night and I plan on making a Southwest Grilled Shrimp salad with grilled fresh corn, avocado, tomatoes and special dressing.

Low and behold it’s a Betty Crocker recipe that is very good.

You’re a GOOD MAN, Bruce!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Late to the party here. 

One question (from someone who doesn’t get out much):

There are a number of pictures from markets grocery sections that show what appears to be olives? I’m only familiar with the bottled green brined or the canned and brined black ones. 

If these are fresh, what are people doing with them?

You eat them.  They are delicious.  Different than the green ones in the bottles with brine.  They don’t need brine as they are fresh.  They have different tastes.  many different ones and the olive seller will let you taste (done very hygenically).  They will stay good for about a week.

We’ve been known to bring a container back on the ship and munch here and there 😉 

Olives are a frequent tapa in Spain and used in many things.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2021 at 4:38 PM, Vict0riann said:

After having read an extension to that article, I see that a negative C0vid test within 48 (?) hours of arrival is going to be required, too.  Boo...  Maybe they will lighten up soon, at least for road border crossings.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, kazu said:

With the Delta variant in the low vaccinated states, sadly, that makes sense.

I don’t know if we will ever get this licked if we can’t get everyone to protect each other 😢 

Have either of you, or anyone, heard that this also will be required?  Someone I know said it's required, not sure that's true... May be an image of text that says 'ArriveCAN is free and secure and is the official Government of Canada platform to provide your information when entering Canada. Use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information on and after your entry into Canada. It only takes minutes to help keep each other safe. Available for iOS, Android and online. 4 days ago https://www.canada.ca> diseases a... Use ArriveCAN: Submit travel information to enter Canada...'

38 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Have either of you, or anyone, heard that this also will be required?  Someone I know said it's required, not sure that's true... May be an image of text that says 'ArriveCAN is free and secure and is the official Government of Canada platform to provide your information when entering Canada. Use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information on and after your entry into Canada. It only takes minutes to help keep each other safe. Available for iOS, Android and online. 4 days ago https://www.canada.ca> diseases a... Use ArriveCAN: Submit travel information to enter Canada...'

yes. That’s what is set up right now and great for many IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

yes. That’s what is set up right now and great for many IMO.

Thank you, I hadn't seen it in the news so wondered where she came up with that...so fully vaccinated, negative Covid test within 72 hours, and the above app?  

I don't think that's overly restrictive at all, and would hope our country would do the same.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you, I hadn't seen it in the news so wondered where she came up with that...so fully vaccinated, negative Covid test within 72 hours, and the above app?  

I don't think that's overly restrictive at all, and would hope our country would do the same.

Fully vaccinated is the key.  

And, with the Delta variant I don’t think it’s restrictive either.

• Like 2