How Would you Rate the Majestic Speciality Restaurants

mcrcruiser

14 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We see a Chinese ,a French & the Crown Grill  . How would you rate the food ,quality & taste of each restaurant  . Menus would be very helpful  to see  .TIA 

Sample menus are always available on the Princess website

I have only eaten at the Crown Grill on the Majestic and the food was excellent however the whole experience was not. We were seated at table 14 which is right next to the divider between the restaurant and the Crown Bar. It was extremely noisy with the bar full of people talking and we asked to move but the restaurant was full. The people next to us got up and left as it was so noisy. People constantly squeezed between our table and the divider, which was a gap of about 60 cm or 2 feet, so they didn't have to walk the extra few feet to the restaurant entrance. We even had people sitting in the bar ask us about our meal. If you go to the Crown Grill it would be a very good idea to ask to be seated well away from the Crown Bar. 

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 3

I was underwhelmed by both the Chines restaurant and the French restaurant.  I sampled these restaurants back in 2019.  I didn’t care for the menu in the Chinese restaurant, but then I don’t like duck in my entrees.  With the French restaurant, the issue was more about the location.  It was noisy.  I had an excellent experience at the steakhouse.

Edited by LSGDRG

There is a new Harmony menu on the current Majestic cruise which is much more Americanized like Panda Express than the original menu which is still being shown on the Princess website.

Website

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/harmony-dinner-menu.pdf

image.thumb.jpeg.c2874d2724b925f8fb8c26fb4236c8cb.jpeg

Current Menu:

D4F767CB-6DCE-41E4-9A43-D102A5CC0989.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

There is a new Harmony menu on the current Majestic cruise which is much more Americanized like Panda Express than the original menu which is still being shown on the Princess website.

Website

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/harmony-dinner-menu.pdf

Current Menu:

Thank you for posting the new menu. That's disappointing. 😞 I may need to cancel my prepaid RSVP

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Thank you for posting the new menu. That's disappointing. 😞 I may need to cancel my prepaid RSVP

You’re welcome…it’s also very disappointing to me & for $29/pp wanted to try the original menu instead of a Chinese takeout menu that’s readily available at home.

I’d prefer that they’d change it to a Sabatini’s Trattoria menu while in the Americas & in Europe. Based on photos it’s the same decor & they could just change the photos hanging on the walls to Italian themed.

• Like 3

Agreed on Harmony. I’m on the Alaskan cruise next week and was excited by the noodle bar, tea place and more interesting Harmony options. 

We usually sail Royal Caribbean and are used to their specialty restaurants (which we prefer now) but Princess doesn’t seem to have the same number or variety. Hopefully that means the focus is quality in the main dining room (which I think suffers on Royal). 

8 hours ago, geoherb said:

The original menu looks intriguing. I'm not tempted by the dumb-downed one. 

The original menu was great and there were some very unusual and interesting dishes on it.we liked it so much we went back a second time - and we were only doing a six night cruise.

I'd probably go once on the rather boring new menu, just for the duck salad and the desserts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Website

Current Menu:

I think Panda Express has more vegetarian options.

13 hours ago, bflysmile said:

Agreed on Harmony. I’m on the Alaskan cruise next week and was excited by the noodle bar, tea place and more interesting Harmony options. 

We usually sail Royal Caribbean and are used to their specialty restaurants (which we prefer now) but Princess doesn’t seem to have the same number or variety. Hopefully that means the focus is quality in the main dining room (which I think suffers on Royal). 

Someone reported the tea place is now a regular bar. They have some regular tea, but none of the stuff with Boba or specialty teas. 😞 My son will be very disappointed. 

Does anyone know if you can go to the Crown Grill bar and just order appetizers? I'd like to have Steak Tartare if they still have it on the menu. I love that stuff. 😋

I'll still probably go for a full meal, but I would be okay having that more than once on the cruise. 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

I guess I may be the only one that likes the new menu better than the old one.  I am an adventuresome eater, but few items on the old one looked appealing.  We will definitely try it out on our Sept. 5 cruise.  

We are on the same voyage. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

I guess I may be the only one that likes the new menu better than the old one.  I am an adventuresome eater, but few items on the old one looked appealing.  We will definitely try it out on our Sept. 5 cruise.  

🙋🏻‍♀️ I agree with CruzinNoony. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 10:19 AM, Informatics Nurse said:

Does anyone know if you can go to the Crown Grill bar and just order appetizers? I'd like to have Steak Tartare if they still have it on the menu. I love that stuff. 😋

I'll still probably go for a full meal, but I would be okay having that more than once on the cruise. 🙂

You can eat just appetizers but you are still going to pay $29. This is not a pay by dish restaurant 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, Informatics Nurse said:

If you qualify for the Platinum, Elite, and suite cocktail party, they sometimes have steak tartare on the menu. I know they had it on the Crown when we were on our transatlantic cruise in October 2019. 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Website

Current Menu:

A $29 cover charge seems rather expensive for a Panda Express menu, No?

That better be the best General Tso's, or Mongolian Beef that I've ever tasted.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:31 AM, Skai said:

A $29 cover charge seems rather expensive for a Panda Express menu, No?

That better be the best General Tso's, or Mongolian Beef that I've ever tasted.

This is exactly how I felt, and why I canceled my reservations.  If you like the menu, I do hope you enjoy it.  But to me it's like if the steak place decided to become a fancy burger spot, and keep the same price. 

Edited by trey420
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LCW said:

Which restaurants can suite guests utilize on embarkation day?  On the last ship I was on, it was Sabatini's.  

If you are referring to the free 1st evening specialty restaurant dinner, it can be either of the two specialty restaurants.