HOW DO FOLKS CARRY THEIR OCEAN MEDALLIONS?

suzyed

On 11/14/2021 at 9:10 PM, suzyed said:

I really like this one but I can't wear metal.  I can change the chain I suppose?  But if there's nickel in the medallion holder and it touches my skin I will get rash (I'm just so delicate! LOL).  Then again if the chain is long enough like this I can wear it. 
Guess I will check out ebay.  Thanks!

Found out that the base metal is zinc alloy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Found out that the base metal is zinc alloy

Thanks....I did order one, but I got it long enough that it will hang over my top a bit and should't touch my skin.   Hey!  Worth a try!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 9:02 PM, trbarton said:

I purchased an inexpensive wrist band from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6N65XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1 & I loved it & it was so easy to use & if necessary they could easily read it. 

Tom😀

Isn't that $16 wristband on Amazon the same one that sells for $12 on the ship?

• Like 1

Hi,

I have done three Medallion cruises and like the plain sport wristband. I purchased a black wristband on my first Medallion cruise in 2019 and have used it on my subsequent cruises. This is very convenient and the Medallion fits securely in the wristband.

Chuck

• Like 2

On 11/13/2021 at 12:17 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

lol....i had to laugh when i got that accenture lanyard (i work for a different it consulting company). i actuallly ordered a case on Amazon that slides onto my fitbit band. tested it today and it works quite nicely. it also fits in my old fitbit zip clips

16368346461645326548770965609364.jpg

I had basically the same thing for my Apple Watch in July, and ended up taking it off after the first day. You have to tap the Medallion to a lot of different areas on your cruise, and I found the odd angle it sat on my wrist to be a bit inconvenient for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I recall the bracelet on the ship was $54.  It was a gift but was surprised it was so much.  It might be cheaper to purchase it ahead of time. 

I ordered a pretty stretch wrist bracelet from Amazon. Different color balls….your choice. I used it. Not fond of lanyards 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I recall the bracelet on the ship was $54.  It was a gift but was surprised it was so much.  It might be cheaper to purchase it ahead of time. 

I’m glad that my friend purchased mine onboard because I have a small wrist but the small was too tight, I needed a medium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CU64 said:

I ordered a pretty stretch wrist bracelet from Amazon. Different color balls….your choice. I used it. Not fond of lanyards 

Can you provide a link, please.

I tried googling it but nothing even close showed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

Found these really cute, comfortable looking wristbands that might (operative word- might) fit the medallion.

Does anyone know if the Medallion and the Apple Air Tag are the same size?

Kids Wristband Compatible with Apple AirTag, Protective Case for Air Tag GPS Tracker Holder with Nylon Bracelet, Adjustable Anti Lost Watch Band for Toddler Child Elder(Rainbow B)

I believe they are the same size.  I don't have first hand experience, but there is a current thread on the FB Elites page where multiple people say they use holders for the air tags and they fit perfectly.  The thread also said that Princess now ships the medallions with a much smaller holder.  Instead of the larger rectangular one for the lanyard, they now send a small round one that's barely larger than the medallion itself.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m glad that my friend purchased mine onboard because I have a small wrist but the small was too tight, I needed a medium.

im big boned and ordered a large but it kept opening up and I would lose it … exchanged it for a medium, which is a bit tight but I’m not in danger of losing it now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I believe they are the same size.  I don't have first hand experience, but there is a current thread on the FB Elites page where multiple people say they use holders for the air tags and they fit perfectly.  The thread also said that Princess now ships the medallions with a much smaller holder.  Instead of the larger rectangular one for the lanyard, they now send a small round one that's barely larger than the medallion itself.

Does it still have a hole for a lanyard?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

im big boned and ordered a large but it kept opening up and I would lose it … exchanged it for a medium, which is a bit tight but I’m not in danger of losing it now. 

Just don’t set it on the railing for a photo op like I did… After I took the photo it dawned on me that it very easily could have gone overboard.  😂

A31EA01E-02C7-4262-9DBA-0D3EA8A401A0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2