ms Eurodam in Port Everglades November 16, 2021

Scrapnana

Eurodam will be leaving on Tuesday, November 16 for an 8-day Panama Canal cruise (it was originally supposed to be 10 days).  She is already in port and will shift from pier 2 to 26 (Starboard to) Monday around 7 pm.  She is due to sail at 5 pm on Tuesday.

Tuesday, November 16 Fort Lauderdale, FL   4:00pm
Wednesday, November 17 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 8:00am 3:00pm
Thursday, November 18 At Sea    
Friday, November 19 At Sea    
Saturday, November 20 Panama Canal (Partial Transit) (Cruising)    
Saturday, November 20 Colon, Panama 3:00pm 8:00pm
Sunday, November 21 Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 6:30am 2:00pm
Monday, November 22 At Sea    
Tuesday, November 23 At Sea    
Wednesday, November 24 Fort Lauderdale, FL 7:00am

Also in port is Emerald Princess at pier 2 (6 am - 5 pm).

Nieuw Statendam is presently at pier 4 and is due to leave on Tuesday at 5 pm (without passengers?).

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ .

Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam on 20 November.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Hopefully the Dec. 5th sailing remains the same as originally booked. Todays report was the first I had seen about the ship being under quarantine.

She's under quarantine because she just arrived from Europe.  That's why she's sailing tomorrow instead of yesterday, as originally planned.  Our cruise was cut from 10 to 8 days so they could do their CDC inspection (or just whatever it is that is happening now).  Prior threads have discussed this.

Unless I fail my test in an hour, (meaning a positive result) or something goes wrong with my flight today, I should be sailing tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Watching the webcam for the fun of it....looks like Eurodam is practicing launching it's lifeboats!  Funny, seeing all the "little orange boats" floating around!

L.

ns.JPG

I got a chuckle out of that photo!  The lifeboats look like little ducklings sticking close to Mama Duck!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Suzcruz57 said:

Do we have any details on their quarantine? Are there passengers on board?

Currently all ships that have not previously had passengers in US ports must undergo an inspection to make sure they meet the requirements set forth by CDC and other US Government agencies. There are no passengers aboard. Any passenger that was aboard for the crossing and will be aboard for the next cruise is in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Watching the webcam for the fun of it....looks like Eurodam is practicing launching it's lifeboats!  Funny, seeing all the "little orange boats" floating around!

Every time we see tenders motor by our windows we assume that they're making a beer run. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

She's under quarantine because she just arrived from Europe.  That's why she's sailing tomorrow instead of yesterday, as originally planned.  Our cruise was cut from 10 to 8 days so they could do their CDC inspection (or just whatever it is that is happening now).  Prior threads have discussed this.

Unless I fail my test in an hour, (meaning a positive result) or something goes wrong with my flight today, I should be sailing tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

I'll be joining you and passed my COVID test yesterday so good to go.  See you on board!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

Nieuw Statendam is presently at pier 4 and is due to leave on Tuesday at 5 pm (without passengers?).

Nieuw Statendam's final sailaway sans passengers.  Sails November 21 with passengers.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's good to see Eurodam again.  A wonderful Baltic Cruise and Viking Passage Cruise during my birthday are fond memories.  My most recent HAL cruise was on a partial Panama Canal cruise in January, 2020 with good Canadian friends on the Eurodam. 

I still think the Atrium sculpture is a dumb piece of "art".    

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Himself said:

I the sail away at 5PM Eastern time I will be here. I have to be in Church at 6 PM Eastern Time.

Your prayers are answered, Father!

Eurodam is now confirmed for a 4pm Eastern time departure. Plenty of time for you!

34 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Your prayers are answered, Father!

Eurodam is now confirmed for a 4pm Eastern time departure. Plenty of time for you!

Forgive me Father 🤣  It is now 4.30pmfor Eurodam and 5pm for Nieuw Statendam