Ashamed of Royal Carib….

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This is the first I have heard of butterfish.  Looked it up and still, not familiar with it.  Do people really eat it?  If so, is it good?  I almost skipped this post but glad I didn’t.  I like learning about food I haven’t tried.

We love butterfish, had it last week, we marinate it for 24 hours in miso, mirin, soy sauce, garlic, sake, then broil it. Very yummy

11 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Agreed. 

I always use AMEX for all my cruise purchases. is a red herring in my book. 

Are you aware of the current Amex promotion with royal?

11 hours ago, Cigar King said:

You know what I'm ashamed of?

That hat?

5 hours ago, Cigar King said:

That's what I get for not reading the entire thread before posting a reply.  

And, there's the real shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

For every person who leaves a cruise line there is another coming from another cruise line. Well one less couple in the Diamond plus lounge consuming cocktails and pigs in the blanket.  That's a savings for them.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

"Ashamed"....isn't the word you should have used..more like disappointed/upset etc.

Also your C&A level has nothing to do with this.....Why should it??

Cancelling cruises...who cares...but you won't.

Expecting to get a call of apology from an executive.....now that's funny !!

Ashamed is an attention grabber. Gotta have a 'hook' these days to get folks to bite.

Without Ashamed in the title, its just another boring refund thread

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Ok, I'll try.  One day refund and some OBC.  Like, the OP, I'm still waiting, though I believe I'm in the minority.  Most others I spoke to on the cruise have received theirs.  Unlike the OP, I'm keeping my next bookings.😉

What the OP didn't say is that any of us who made cruise planner purchases of items at daily rates got a pleasant surprise once on the ship and a one day per diem refund for each of those was credited to our onboard account. Shoreside had repeatedly said that we'd need to cancel the 14 day items and repurchase the 13 day to get the reduction, which didn't at all pay for me to do at the current rates. So a win in my book.

We cancelled completely, so our refund is around 5K. Not even going to worry about it until January

• Like 1

I was on the cruise, still haven't gotten our 1 day refund.  Royal did say it was "processed" on 11/2....which to them meant they have 30-45 days from then.  

The cruise was wonderful, I'm not worrying about the refund, it will get here eventually.  I consider myself incredibly lucky to have been able to sail on the ONLY TA Royal had passengers on since before Covid.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

OP - no one cares about your C&A status.  BUT - I heard that an Emerald cruiser already got their   refund! 

M

That makes sense.  Royal already has their hooks into a loyal customer with a D+ and knows they are not going anywhere but they still need to work extra hard on making the Golds & Emeralds repeat customers. 😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ashamed is an attention grabber. Gotta have a 'hook' these days to get folks to bite.

Without Ashamed in the title, its just another boring refund thread

I'm ashamed of myself for clicking into this thread and posting. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

Its pretty easy for everyone to be flippant to the OP when its not their money.

It's also easy to be flippant if you have kept up with anything that has been going on in this industry for the last 2 years or that thinks their C&A status is a factor in when they get their refund.

• Like 5

My niece canceled a cruise in September and was to get a $3,000 refund.  She called about it last week and was told that the person canceling the cruise never did anything to get the refund processed.  

It is now supposedly being refunded, but will take 30 days to get the refund.  There seem to be lots of problems with getting refunds and FCC's.

13 hours ago, shipmate13 said:

Who cares what status you are.  It shocks me about those who have to identify themselves in these post by the tier they are at like anyone cares?  And this might shock you but Royal Caribbean don't care what tier you are either.  You won't go to the head of the line for refunds....  Royal Caribbean waves the carrot in your face, rolls out the red carpet and the trumpets blow as you board get your cheap freebies.  I hope you don't expect symphony from anyone for your lousy 167.00 you are whining about. Apparently money is not an issue with you if you are wanting to pull the plug on three more cruises.  Good luck. Hope your refund comes soon to you so you can continue sailing with RC, I don't know what they will do without you

you see that in so many posts. they start out by mentioning status. it's why i think all status should be eliminated. we are all equal. but there are many point chasing threads whining bout if you get double points for this and that and it's just nuts. and people expecting better service.  speaking of status. i was just reminded of an article that the longer you stay with your car insurance, the more likely they are to jack up your prices because you are too lazy to price shop. and thats your lesson of the day

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

oh i forgot to mention my own refund story. when my june 2020 cruise was canceled it took just 30 days to get back my money from celebrity. who i never even sailed on! now thats diamond level service! i knew not to take 125 FCC because i admit im genius enough  😉 to know that no way would cruise lines offer that if it really was a good deal and as we all learned it turned out to be a nightmare to use FCCs. 

• Like 1

This sort of issue isn't unique to cruising as many, if not all of us know that travel.  We had an airline booking cancelled for the end of March 2020.   It took 16 months for us to get our full refund.  I never stressed one single bit over it.  The airline first offered travel credit which did apply, then it changed to a full refund if you wanted to wait, I did so.  One day it came through.  Then again I am not the type to sweat the small stuff or whine on a forum about such an issue.