P and O calender 22

Bin man

46 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

may i ask, if the calendar is an item of beauty and a must have ?

Is it possible that someone can let me know, as to why a calendar is such a big deal ?

I think it of it a bit like the riders rock bands used to put in their contracts.  If they miss out on something minor, how can you be sure they haven't missed other more important stuff.  And a bit of I'm entitled to it so I'm having it.

They're quite nice though, and some people use them as calendars!  Not as nice or as valuable as a Pirelli calendar though.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

Is it possible that someone can let me know, as to why a calendar is such a big deal ?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. How on earth would you know what day it is without a calendar? 

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. How on earth would you know what day it is without a calendar? 

Practice

Being a wrinkly it is one of the 3 things I ask myself when I wake up in the morning.

1 - am I still alive

2 - what day is it (what planet is optional)

3 - which bit of me is aching this morning

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

Not really a thing of beauty, nor a must have. Just some small seasonal recognition of the loyalty people have to the P&O brand by cruising with them. It is only sent to those on the higher tiers (those who have cruised the most) and not on general sale although I am sure if you are desperate, they will appear on eBay or similar sites in a few days for those who do not qualify. 
A nice gesture (sent with Christmas card) rather than of real aesthetic or financial value and appreciated by many.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Practice

Being a wrinkly it is one of the 3 things I ask myself when I wake up in the morning.

1 - am I still alive

,,,,and how much longer will I be able to bend my knees enough to put my socks on.!!

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Practice

1 - am I still alive

At work before I retired ,have a good day got the reply. At my age any day that you wake up is a good day.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I must say, I have never received a P&O calendar to my knowledge.  And as my calendar is from Guide Dogs, don't really need another one.  I also use my phone for my calendar.  Still getting daily emails from P&O, the one today was a video of Paul Ludlow, as if I want to watch that!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Still getting daily emails from P&O, the one today was a video of Paul Ludlow, as if I want to watch that!

I couldn’t bring myself to watch that either Jean. I suspect that he was wishin’ us a Merry Christmas and saying how excitin’ it will be when we are all back cruisin’ 🙄😂

• Haha 2

Got ours today. Hardly the end of the world if we missed out for any reason, but still nice to receive.

Have sympathy with Jean - we still want to cruise but are getting paranoid about being offloaded as I've posted on other threads.

Next cruise isn't until May but have a total of 9 booked between now and Jan 24. Who knows how many will go ahead or whether we will be onboard.

Back in the summer I thought the whole Covid crises would be waning, if not over, by now, then along comes Omicron. No idea what the weeks and months ahead have in store for all of us but hope everyone stays well and have the best Christmas and new year they can given the circumstances.   

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We still havent had a calendar from P&O and dont really expect one now and TBH it will be the first time we havent had one but not really bothered.

Just received mine. It is horrible, used to have lovely pictures of destinations. Gone in the bin!

27 minutes ago, Denarius said:

In olden days, if you were a gold tier member you received a small gift on each cruise. This was later replaced by an annual gift, now all that is left is the calendar. Such is progress.

But cruises are cheaper so cannot complain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We've never had one but am thinking that it may be best to buy a calendar tab and make my own from past cruise holidays 🙂

You're not missing much  I have asked them several times not to send them to us.

Making your own sounds like a great idea, my niece always makes one up for us featuring the children.  She uses Photobox to get it printed and bound.  This year she used a picture of the dog for the cover.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, Fionboard said:

Just received mine. It is horrible, used to have lovely pictures of destinations. Gone in the bin!

Mine has also been thrown away. All images of stupid Iona on which I have NO intention of ever sailing.

On 12/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, jeanlyon said:

I must say, I have never received a P&O calendar to my knowledge.  And as my calendar is from Guide Dogs, don't really need another one.  I also use my phone for my calendar.  Still getting daily emails from P&O, the one today was a video of Paul Ludlow, as if I want to watch that!

Thanks for supporting Guide Dogs Jean, Derek thanks you, can't believe he is almost 1.