The Daily for Sunday 01/02/2022

richwmn

Today is Feast of the Epiphany - Three Kings, International Stop Spam Day, and Run up the Flagpole and See if Anyone Salutes Day

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.--Oscar Wilde

Meal Suggestion for today - Giant Meatball Sub
Drink of the Day - Gin Tonic
Wine of the Day - Château Coutet 2018 Barsac Bordeaux
Destination of the Day - Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Ships With Passengers

Amber Cove, Dominicana, Puerto Plata

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Nieuw Statendam

07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

San Diego, California

Koningsdam

Zuiderdam

Willemstad, Curacao Island, Dutch Antilles

Eurodam

08:00 - 18:00

Ships Without Passengers

At Sea Ionian Sea

Zaandam

Destination Augusta IT eta 1/3

At Sea Mediterranian Sea

Oosterdam

Destination Augusta IT eta 1/3

Corfu GR

Volendam

Great Stirrup Cay

Noordam

Anchorage

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam

Anchorage

0102Caribbean.thumb.png.312bd93f55f0eaa3863500ff6b10f072.png

0102NAmericaW.thumb.png.88218871779c6191e3f9413f865a6427.png

0102Europe.thumb.png.14de20de88418f7d7377a7fa2dda0490.png

• Like 37
  • Thanks 14

Good morning.  Interesting group of days.  Have not been to today's destination.  Love the meal, have it often from Subway. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Heading to the port in a few hours.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Gin and Tonic:

A gin and tonic or, less frequently, gin tonic, is a highball cocktail made with gin and tonic water poured over a large amount of ice. The ratio of gin to tonic varies according to taste, strength of the gin, other drink mixers being added, etc., with most recipes calling for a ratio between 1:1 and 1:3. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1 part to 3 parts gin (to taste), 3 parts tonic water
Preparation: In a glass filled with ice cubes, add gin and tonic.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: A slice or wedge of lime
Drinkware: Highball glass, Rocks glass

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 6.12.27 AM.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Good morning Rich. I knew you'd be up with the chickens! Thank you for the Daily.

Prayers out to Jose, Jacqui, and Roy, as well as all on our prayer list

It has been a great pleasure to be with fellow Daily-ites on our Rotterdam cruise these past few weeks. It's been fun putting faces to names and boy did we learn a lot from Rich during trivia! Safe travels home to Sharon and Rich. We will be continuing on for 2 more weeks. Excited to meet Dixie boarding today.

We will be doing the in transit dance this morning, plus a cabin change so I'd better finish packing.

Cheers, Prayers and Blessings!

• Like 40

Good afternoon.

It is 46°F here and the rain has just stopped.

Thank you Rich for today's daily.

I hope you have had a lovely cruise and have a safe journey home.

Interesting days.

I will give the drink and food a miss.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

We have lunch booked in 10 minutes so I wish everyone a safe and lovely day.

Take care 😷

Graham.

Screenshot_20220102_114538.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

0101221831_HDR.jpg

0101221726.jpg

0101221705.jpg

0101221024.jpg

0101221021a.jpg

1230211804.jpg

YES! Thank you so much. I should be boarding 1-9 for b2b2b. If you see this post, please let me know if one of the pools has 'steps'  It looks like the aft pool has straight up and down ladders.  I have a HC cabin on deck 7, it looks like there is a couch. I'm very happy about that.  Once again thanks so much, debbie

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Well back on my phone again. 🤬 This is not a great start to 2022 on CC. 

What a wild combo of days, Rich. Safe travels home. 

@Sharon in AZsafe travels home to the two of you. Thank you for the sunrise pictures!

A normal-ish Sunday for me, though getting together with a couple of family members and friends for dinner. We have just about decided to do take out. 

I have decided if I ever need to use a scooter, this  is the model I want. 
03FB367C-726D-4D54-AB1E-B59E9BCDA1C8.jpeg.c978d01a3019187d64c6ed8b1fae55eb.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

All vintages of this WHITE wine share excellent to superb ratings. It’s description sounds lovely and I am putting it on my list. I found one online distributor that offered it for just under the top of my budget range at $49.94, so I will hunt for it locally to see if I can find it for even less. 
Description

Pale to medium lemon-gold colored, the 2018 Coutet has super intense, well-delineated notions of warm pineapple, green guava and baked pineapple with hints of mandarin peel, gingerbread, orange blossoms and lime leaves. The palate is alive with energetic tropical fruit and exotic spice notes with a lovely satiny texture and fantastic freshness, finishing with epic length.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 5

Good morning to all my friends here at the Daily.

Rich and Sharon.  I hope you had a fantastic cruise and will be happy also to be home and sleep in your own bed.

Happy Feast of the Epiphany or Three Kings (which the Church has decided to move to the Sunday after Christmas rather than leave it at Jan.6).  Thus we no longer have the 12 days of Christmas (as the song goes)

Have not been to today’s port.

Like Gin and Tonic and maybe I’ll actually have one today. The weather has been acting like summer, so why not have a summer drink.

Not a fan of a meatball sub.  Will pass on that.

Prayers for those who need them—especially Jacqui and Jose.

Cheers to those celebrating—especially Roy upon completion of your treatments.

Bon Voyage to those sailing today.  Please keep safe.  

As for myself, I continue to have good and bad days with regard to my autoimmune problems.  Some mornings my arms and hands don’t want to work, and then other days I have few problems.  I take the same meds everyday, so go figure.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.  

God bless,

Terri

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Welcome home.

Interesting collection of days. 

Love the quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, I'm sure I have meatballs in the freezer. 🙂

G & T is a favourite of mine.

Another port I have not visited, looking forward to seeing pictures.

It's -9C and snowing.

Thanks for the sunrise picture @Sharon in AZ  Safe travels home.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 31

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Looking for our first measurable snowfall for tomorrow. It is forecast for 2-5" beginning with sleet because we are going to the mid-60's today. Curious to see Sam's reaction.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 33

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich and taking the time to post on disembarkation day.

I will happily celebrate the Feast of Epiphany.  It’s one of days that Jose felt was important and we really liked to celebrate it.

Love the Oscar Wilde quote!  

The meal suggestion will be popular with many - not a meatball fan so I’ll have to contemplate something else.  Meals are not appealing right now 😉 

5B8EF94D-7466-4422-B261-20DC0FB401D8.jpeg.1c0da769a52ab0ec6829108a12197881.jpeg

@summer slope - have a wonderful cruise 🙂 

@Seasick Sailor Yay on staying on your BHB & continuing to cruise - enjoy the in transit dance & hope your cabin change is easy (just pack the drawers & toiletries & don’t forget to take your safety deposit box items.  The crew will take care of everything hanging and move the rest 👍 )

@richwmn& @Sharon in AZ - hope you both have safe and smooth travels home 🤞 

I have decided to try to work a bit each day on cleaning up my much ignored home.  At some stage, someone will be here to assess it.  Might be good to pretend I am not as lazy as I have been the last little bit 😉  I really detest vacuuming.

056FC91A-1709-47A8-B83B-35B18F68B8D7.thumb.jpeg.561a9825ae331edd28589ad51574b4f0.jpeg

Do you sense a theme in the memes today 😂 

8BD7DE55-62FD-425F-86BB-A23EB5AA0FA6.thumb.jpeg.20b8eab0bf91ab74d2b8cc7bdd52bf57.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.  And a prayer that the train slows down and the fire subsides for many this year.

8AEC807B-CEC7-4AC1-87DC-BBB80EEC999B.jpeg.0a6e14036df6108291bfee053a9a38b1.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone.  Stay safe, & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 46
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone.  

It is kind of a gloomy day outside right now.  I hope it brightens up a bit.  A big welcome home to our travelers who are heading that way.   Prayers and warm thoughts to those in need.  

I've never had a meatball sub, so I don't know if I would like it or not.  My friend Tom adores them.   They look easy enough to make and a smaller version might be great for a party.  This first recipe gives you the basics for making your own meatballs.   Your favorite meatball recipe would work here too.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/giant-meatball-sub/

Giant-Meatball-Sub_exps17780_GB143373D01_15_2bC_RMS-4.jpg.6bde5bdb04941f013f6de7ccebf7e666.jpg

This next recipe steps it up a notch and puts cheese in the center of the meatballs and uses pesto sauce as well as a marinara sauce.  https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/godfather-meatball-sub/

the-godfather-meatball-sub-1-2.thumb.jpg.1a0c9c7da2a7bba2f686b73454200828.jpg

And in this one, Melissa offers her Southern Style meatloaf sub.  https://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/meatball-subs/

1598389456_GiantMeatballSubs.thumb.jpg.aed9358070ffc7c07c99ff7510ced562.jpg

Any one of these would be great for any football games today.   Enjoy!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8

5 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

It is kind of a gloomy day outside right now.  I hope it brightens up a bit.  A big welcome home to our travelers who are heading that way.   Prayers and warm thoughts to those in need.  

I've never had a meatball sub, so I don't know if I would like it or not.  My friend Tom adores them.   They look easy enough to make and a smaller version might be great for a party.  This first recipe gives you the basics for making your own meatballs.   Your favorite meatball recipe would work here too.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/giant-meatball-sub/

Giant-Meatball-Sub_exps17780_GB143373D01_15_2bC_RMS-4.jpg.6bde5bdb04941f013f6de7ccebf7e666.jpg

This next recipe steps it up a notch and puts cheese in the center of the meatballs and uses pesto sauce as well as a marinara sauce.  https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/godfather-meatball-sub/

the-godfather-meatball-sub-1-2.thumb.jpg.1a0c9c7da2a7bba2f686b73454200828.jpg

And in this one, Melissa offers her Southern Style meatloaf sub.  https://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/meatball-subs/

1598389456_GiantMeatballSubs.thumb.jpg.aed9358070ffc7c07c99ff7510ced562.jpg

Any one of these would be great for any football games today.   Enjoy!

Just make sure to have lots of napkins on hand!

• Like 10
  • Haha 15

Thank you for the Epiphany Daily, Rich.  Run it up the flagpole day sounds a bit eclectic and a special salute to stopping spam.  Love the Wilde quote but will pass on the sub.  Unfortunately, I have never been to Taiwan.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Colorado Wildfires
Healing for Mamaofami, Sam, and their friend’s family and friends
Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
1ANGELCAT with finger in splint
Tana’s continuing struggles with pneumonia added on
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
From the rotation:
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects
MissG’s father hanging in for one more cruise.
Recovery for StLouisCruisers Niece DH after throat cancer surgery
kakalina with spreading lung cancer in hospice and cancelling cruise

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

6 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
7 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 1/9 to 1/16)
7 days for sassy~one (Rotterdam 1/9 to 1/29)
Bon Voyage  summer slope (Rotterdam to 1/29)
Aliaschief on babysitting duty
Lottery luck for dfish
Seasick Sailor (1/16), Av8rix(Rotterdam to 1/9) and Ichiban Nekko (Nieuw Amsterdam to 1/8) at sea
Welcome home Lindaler, garlictown, Sharon,  Rich, and  Copper10_8
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

I did not add it to the lists but a special wish for a safe and stress free return home for @JCP3.

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 12

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  @dfish meatball subs are a very good thing.  Sadly the place I could get a good one is now closed on Sundays thanks to staffing issues.  Not much on today’s agenda except a quick trip to ALDI that just opened.  I’m waiting on my Dawn review/HAL comparison to be published.  It’s been over two weeks but the holidays have slowed things down.

I hope that everyone has a good day today.  
image.thumb.png.c0f67ff056de70787fb2b3b64d03e6bc.png

• Like 25
  • Haha 10

37 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Jacqui @kazu, I thought of Marley when I saw this.

Marley.png

LOL 😂 Yup, the other taste of the pill pockets worked for one pill and then it was reject time again.

I think he has found the pills inside chewing and it’s now “ok Marley, we can do this the easy way or the hard way”.  He’s opted for the hard way.  Stupid (no he’s smart) dog. 😡 

Must be the pill sizes as he has used the pill pockets before with no issue.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2