What's With The Extended Wait Times For Captains Club Lately?

Luvcrusn

Over the last few weeks I've had to be on hold for hours anytime I've called Captains Club regardless of time of day or day of the week. Have they cut personnel or has something changed? I have always used the 800-760-0654 number and rarely had to wait on hold until lately. Even during the cruising shutdown when everyone was calling for refunds, FCCs and Lift & Shifts it was never this bad. Does anyone have any insight of work-arounds?

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Over the last few weeks I've had to be on hold for hours anytime I've called Captains Club regardless of time of day or day of the week. Have they cut personnel or has something changed? I have always used the 800-760-0654 number and rarely had to wait on hold until lately. Even during the cruising shutdown when everyone was calling for refunds, FCCs and Lift & Shifts it was never this bad. Does anyone have any insight of work-arounds?

adjust your calling times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don’t know the secret code and I am not going to reveal it because then it wouldn’t be a secret and I would have to wait for hours like those that don’t know it.🤐🤗.   Purchase $500 in ITune gift cards and give me the codes and I will give it to you along with the deed to the White House.   

Wish that there would be better response time but it seems to be hit and miss.   What is frustrating is that you wait to be connected and then lose connection and never get called back even though they ask how to reach you if you are disconnected

The other is to get someone that you can’t understand and they keep telling you that they understand but don’t or can’t help you and then transfer you to be hold again and then get a bad connection full of static.

As another posted I can call different numbers and am always dumped into the same common queue.

This isn’t unique to just Celebrity.  It is with any customer service that you call.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This morning, I was on hold for 2.5 hours, then gave up.    Now this afternoon, I've been oh hold for another 2.5 hours.  I'm trying to reach 800-722-5941.   This is ridiculous. 

I've been a loyal Celebrity Cruises customer for twenty years,  the company certainly is not giving their customer's the "Celebrity" treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I got they in 12 minutes this morning.

30 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

About 8 minutes around noon.  Am sure they are short staff with Covid, but no issues lately

You got lucky 

I was on hold at both times for over an hour before giving up and hanging up!

25 minutes ago, miched said:

Wish that there would be better response time but it seems to be hit and miss.   What is frustrating is that you wait to be connected and then lose connection and never get called back even though they ask how to reach you if you are disconnected

I find it frustrating that they won't take my phone # in the event we get disconnected, which has happened to me more than once.

4 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I find it frustrating that they won't take my phone # in the event we get disconnected, which has happened to me more than once.

The results are the same.   You won’t be called back.  The only positive thing is that by not giving them your number you won’t be waiting in anticipation of them calling you back. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 3

Same with Blue Chip Club. Tried calling them a few times recently and gave up after 20 minutes on hold. Then I figured I would try the "new booking" option instead of "existing booking" and got right through. I was moving two bookings and adding a new one so I wasn't technically breaking the rules. Of course even getting through to someone doesn't guarantee you getting serviced. On the first call I got through to someone the agent seemed very unsure of themselves and then put me on hold to never come back to me (I finally hung up after 25 minutes). The next call I got all my questions answered but it took quite some time as again the agent seemed unsure and confused at times and put me on hold multiple times to get answers. Thankfully the third time is the charm and when I called to actually make my bookings the agent was totally on top of things and confirmed everything I needed and answered all my questions easily; she actually seemed like a true Blue Chip agent while the others felt like regular booking agents just taking overflow Blue Chip calls.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Yes, don't you just love the dreaded busy signal when you've been holding for 90 minutes or more?  Then you have to start all over again and you never get the same person.  I guess they're all working from home.

Yesterday I waited on hold for 1:04, someone answered and said “Hello”, I said “Hello” back, then they said “I can’t hear you” and hung up. 😐 I of course had to wait on hold all over again, this time 54 minutes. I told the agent that answered that I wanted to upgrade my internet and beverage package. He said “oh you need to speak to the voyage enhancement team for that” and transferred me. I had to wait another 1:20 listening to the same recording about the Celebrity Flora over and over. Then I told that agent what I was trying to do and he kept saying I needed to upgrade to the indulge package which for my wife and I would have been like $3000! I had to explain multiple times that it’s possible to upgrade the beverage and internet independently and that there’s a captains club discount on those things. It took him a while but he finally figured it out. The beverage package upgrade was $9/night + gratuities and the internet upgrade was $10.98/night. That’s a lot less than the indulge that he insisted was the only way to upgrade! They sent me a feedback request after the call. I will be filling it out. Over three hours and having to explain how to do their job for a simple request is excessive. 

• Haha 2

Why don’t you contact Captain’s Club via Messenger on Social media?
In the UK, Jack or Sam respond quickly.

I had to contact them x2 last summer before our Staycation cruise on Silhouette:

a) We had x2 Express passes for me, nothing for my husband

b) Our documents weren’t ‘live’ 10 days before the cruise, so I was unable to print out our luggage tags.

13 hours ago, miched said:

You don’t know the secret code and I am not going to reveal it because then it wouldn’t be a secret and I would have to wait for hours like those that don’t know it.🤐🤗.   Purchase $500 in ITune gift cards and give me the codes and I will give it to you along with the deed to the White House.   

The other is to get someone that you can’t understand and they keep telling you that they understand but don’t or can’t help you and then transfer you to be hold again and then get a bad connection full of static.

As another posted I can call different numbers and am always dumped into the same common queue.

This isn’t unique to just Celebrity.  It is with any customer service that you call.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

You mean to say that I Am not special enough to be put on hold like others? Dang...

I usually get through in less than 12 minutes no matter which number or time I call, then again it could be just my good fortune that I do not need to call them often at all, but provide my TA with that honour to take care of my questions and concerns. That way I do not clog up the lines for my sailings which will not take place until May, at least for now.

bon voyage

13 hours ago, Wired4Sound said:

This morning, I was on hold for 2.5 hours, then gave up.    Now this afternoon, I've been oh hold for another 2.5 hours.  I'm trying to reach 800-722-5941.   This is ridiculous. 

I've been a loyal Celebrity Cruises customer for twenty years,  the company certainly is not giving their customer's the "Celebrity" treatment.

Just like many others who believe they are not getting the treatment we deserve or desire or privileged and expect to receive. 

Especially knowing that their workforce is way down for whatever reason i.e. self induced or otherwise.

As many of us, several years ago, complained about X's IT issues, when it was pointed out there were a few IT positions available many bailed at the opportunity to help out and improve it to their standards.

I Am sure there are a few CSA positions available here in the U.S., some of us who have issues need to apply to see how it really is on that side of the fence and be grateful to be able to assist or not given the potential volume of calls the agents are getting.

Only a recommendation for some of us to provide that 'Celebrity Treatment' we very much deserve under the current work conditions, which are very ideal I Am sure... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that it’s just a combination of things including staff out sick and probably a staff that was already depleted. To me it’s no different than what is currently going on around the country. I have had to contact Disneyland a few times recently regarding reservations at one of their hotels and the wait times have been long. Very long. I just put my phone on speaker and go about my business until someone answers. It’s not fun but I see it here locally daily at restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, etc. 

With X, I just email my CVP with anything that I need and she handles or calls me back. No waiting. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sasset said:

I've tried various numbers for Captain's club over the past few months. I always got dumped into the main reservations queue.

Bummer. There's only two CC numbers (at least that I know of) and I've always been connected with a CC rep. I always use 1-800-760-0654. 

19 hours ago, Wired4Sound said:

Do you think a special ring tone should be applied so they know a loyal Celebrity Cruise customer for twenty years is calling?  I've been on 4 Celebrity cruises, several cancelled the past 2 years of course, 18 minute max wait time on hold.  One ringy dingy, two ringy dingy, is this the party to whom I am speaking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Wired4Sound said:

As a loyal Celebrity Cruiser and Captains Club member you should at least know the CC ph. no. The one you listed in your post is a call center ph.no. In the future use 1-800-760-0654. The other CC number is 1-844-418-6824. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, kathynorth said:

I know, that is ridiculous!  I had it happen to me after waiting a long time to get to talk to someone.  That is a completely unreasonable procedure, where they are not allowed to call you back if you get disconnected.  Also, the cynical part of me wonders if this gives frustrated customer service reps carte blanche to hang up on people "accidentally" if they feel the issue is too much of a pain to handle or the person is not being nice enough to them in their opinion. (and for the record, when it happened to me I was being nice as the conversation had just started 🙂)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

As a loyal Celebrity Cruiser and Captains Club member you should at least know the CC ph. no. The one you listed in your post is a call center ph.no. In the future use 1-800-760-0654. The other CC number is 1-844-418-6824. 

I always use  the number you do and haven't had long wait times until this week. Each time I have tried calling  (early mornings,  mid and late afternoon, early evening and late evening,  weekdays and weekend) I've been on hold for upward of an hour. In fact, their voice message has been edited to warn of wait times in excess of 30 minutes. I never heard that until this week. 

• Thanks 1