Morning coffee

mfs2k

I generally wake hours before my wife. While I do like the quiet privacy of the balcony on a sea day, I suffer from FOMO on a cruise ship and I want coffee in a comfortable, relaxing environment, with an outdoor view of the ocean and some people watching too. 
We’ll be in a suite on Beyond. Should I call the host when I wake to bring coffee to the room then carry it to my destination (and which one would you recommend ?) or should I get coffee somewhere else?

Where would you go early in the morning (7 ish) for some peace, sunshine (Caribbean) and caffeine?

Edited by mfs2k

13 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Cafe Al Bacio is our favorite spot for morning (and post dinner) coffee/lattes, etc. 

Nice comfy chairs, windows overlooking the ocean and plenty of people watching.   

Also vote for Cafe el Bacio. So nice and peaceful early morning and you can  take coffee outside on the deck and sit in one of their comfy loungers. Try and Americano Latte or even  an Aspen just go easy on the alcohol early morning. 

44 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Also vote for Cafe el Bacio. So nice and peaceful early morning and you can  take coffee outside on the deck and sit in one of their comfy loungers. Try and Americano Latte or even  an Aspen just go easy on the alcohol early morning. 

Perhaps you were thinking of a different ship. There is no deck with loungers near Café Al Bacio on the E class ships as there is on deck 5 of the S class ships.

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Don’t expect much there in the way of ocean views, or people watching either.

You can walk up the stairs to the Retreat Pool deck area and look out at the ocean views pretty easily.

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

On Edge class, my vote would be for Eden Cafe for the coffee and quiet outdoor seating. I would also try the Retreat Lounge and its outdoor seating area.

Eden gets my vote too. Great spot to spend an hour in the morning. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Perhaps you were thinking of a different ship. There is no deck with loungers near Café Al Bacio on the E class ships as there is on deck 5 of the S class ships.

Yes was thinking of S class.  Eden with fabulous aft views would be my choice to sit and relax with coffee and a book.  

You have your butler (Host) bring a pot of coffee to your room and then take it anywhere you want. I have the Butler add several shots of espresso to the pot to get the coffee stronger the way I like. 

Like others above have recommended, I vote for going up to the Retreat lounge on deck 16 and enjoy the fresh brewed coffee there on the outside seating area. The E Class ships are the only Retreat lounges that have a view.

If you don't want to wake your wife, just slip out of the room.  The coffee in Cafe al Bacio is very nice.  You can get 2 coffees to go from there and go anywhere else on the ship you desire.  Plus - this coffee area has ocean view windows usually, and you could sit here and see the ocean (indoors though - so if you want outdoors - you can go elsewhere).  I suspect there will be others here as well doing the same thing - letting someone else sleep in 🙂  If you sit here - you can just order a coffee to stay.

The spa cafe will have serve yourself coffee out on the pool deck area.  You could go there and get coffee as well and have ocean view and people watch.

I think ordering coffee from the retreat butler would be a bit of a waste if you plan to go out and about.   Do you really want to wait, have them knock on the door, have a conversation - while your wife is trying to sleep... and then try to carry around a coffee pot?  Now if you are going to enjoy your balcony - yes, for sure order the coffee.  You can also order the night before (hang tags like hotel room service) for a specific time - and they are usually within 10 minutes in my past experience.  Then just enjoy on the balcony.

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Would be too early for OP  but later on we enjoy coffee at the Elite bkfst in Tuscan. And Cafe Bacio, too.

Much better than the usual Lavazza which we find bitter.  

I take my coffee from Cafe El Bacio to the MDR then order a mimosa before breakfast arrives.

Al Bacio would get my vote.    They open at 6:30 AM and pretty quiet.   I usually bring both Sea Passes and order 2 Doubles and take back to my room.   Usually traveling in a suite I usually close the bedroom door and can go out on the deck and not disturb Iain.    I usually have replenishment's arrive with breakfast around 9:00 AM

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I would bring a latte from Al Bacio to breakfast at Blu.  Most times the coffee at Blu just wasn't very good - although breakfast itself was absolutely fine.

I always do this too.   

12 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:
On 3/14/2022 at 10:55 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

would bring a latte from Al Bacio to breakfast at Blu.  Most times the coffee at Blu just wasn't very good - although breakfast itself was absolutely fine.

I always do this too.   

If you are in Blu you can ask for a latte, cappuccino etc at breakfast and they will get it for you- depending on Blu location will come from Al Bacio  - to have with breakfast 🙂

• Like 1