Tier Status

Old Soulja

10 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I've never thought to "flaunt" our status but I'll admit I was irked when the Captain's Club person kept referring to my "classic" status on the phone yesterday. Elite Plus isn't a big deal but Celebrity ought to get it right.

Possibly the CC rep. knows something you don't. 🤣

On a South American cruise a few years ago there was a couple who were Zenith and wore their Lanyard during the Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge.  They would usually sit in the same seats at the bar.  One night a couple were sitting in "their" seats when they arrived.  They used the line that they're Zenith and these were their seats.  The other couple moved.   We saw them again as we were waiting in line to board the ship after an excursion.  They went to the front of the line and said we're Zenith and get to go on first.

Karma caught up with them at the Buenos Aires airport.  We saw them dragging a plastic milk crate filled with bottles of water.  The agent wouldn't let them take it onboard and they had to leave it behind.   I guess they didn't tell the agent they were Zenith ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The top suites and other VIPs have their pictures posted through email and printed handouts. Those guests should not have to assert any status or say "do you know who I am?" The crew is EXPECTED to already know who they are.

Some guests in the past have still felt it necessary to assert status nevertheless.

Strangers come up to chat with us after we’ve been presented as “top cruisers”. They often ask about what we would recommend for future cruises. Someone from Future Cruises often meets clients in Retreat/ MC and asks us, or other Zeniths to discuss destinations with Suite passengers. We are very happy to discuss our experiences with fellow cruisers.

Edited by Orator

Quick story on Holland America not Celebrity but same issue.

HAL gives medals and other stuff for top sailors, I mean cruisers. Years ago a couple next to me was awarded a plantinum medal for sailing over 700 days on HAL. I could tell he wasn’t too impressed. As he walked by me I said, “Congratulations”, which he replied, “I could have bought six Mercedes for what this medal cost me”. 😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

The top suites and other VIPs have their pictures posted through email and printed handouts. Those guests should not have to assert any status or say "do you know who I am?" The crew is EXPECTED to already know who they are.

Some guests in the past have still felt it necessary to assert status nevertheless.

Makes me think that I will post my large photo of myself, on my next cruise, with a title to my liking.  I will use that magic tape wall hanger stuff and periodically move it to different decks; maybe my DH will be impressed.  It will be kinda like hiding a duck onboard, but if I get caught, will Celebrity deport me?  Maybe I will just hang it in my own cabin...hmmm.

Edited by Lastdance

You truly have “status” when you’re recognized without doing anything, and certainly without saying anything. 

Don’t know about post-C, but Ritz-Carlton has always been known for recognizing repeat guests. I’m sure there are photos, and maybe facial recognition today, but the few folks I’ve known who frequented the Ritz would always comment on being recognized by name as soon as the arrived. It’s part of their service ethos. Truly high end restaurants do the same thing. 

Until I loose status (most likely) at the end of the year, it’s been pretty common to have the purser on an international flight welcome me onboard.regardless of where I’m sitting. Yeah, the boarding pass has the status, which mostly just lets me board early, but it at least was part of the customer service culture. 

And yes, I assume Celebrity has photos of Zenith and top tier suite guests at key touch points in their processes. And I’ve never known anyone to bring up their CC status. 

I’ve made XX number of cruises and am an XX Celebrity status (yes, did that on purpose) and I have never heard anyone reference their status unless they were being asked about status in reference to a bonus of some type. Of course since we are in the middle of a cruise, you tend to ask others about their cruise experiences, usually about their favorite(s) and so on. 

The one time I heard the ‘status’ discussion was when I was sitting near the guest relations desk and this woman was yelling ‘Do you know who I am??’ Over and over to the poor staff. they handed her a phone and she then stood there yelling ‘Do you Know who I am?? Into that. It was funny for me, but I know the staff was suffering under the insufferable. 

I was about to interrupt and tell her “They Do Know who you are and that is why you arent getting what you insist’……but I didn’t. 

Den

• Haha 2

I always find it curious when other cruisers ask about what the color of my seapass means when I'm handing to over to or getting it back from a bar server. My answer is always, "it's the one the gave me," and change the subject. I could care less about those things and find it odd that others do. I'm just happy we are sailing! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, markeb said:

You truly have “status” when you’re recognized without doing anything, and certainly without saying anything. 

Excellent --

On a cruise I could care less about anyone's " status " or even what time the art auction is.

How's this for " status " ??

Every time I get to the golf club the staff recognizes me ----

" Pinboy, your clubs are on cart # X. Enjoy the round ".

I'd rather have great service like that then spend $xxxxxxx and have 1500 people " put their hands together" for us and receive a gold( ish ) medallion from the Captain. 

• Haha 1

There is a couple that frequently cruises and I had the "pleasure" of their company at an event. One of them introduced self and said "Zenith".  I responded. "I prefer Sony. "    You should have seen the expression on his face.  

• Haha 9

15 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Makes me think that I will post my large photo of myself, on my next cruise, with a title to my liking.  I will use that magic tape wall hanger stuff and periodically move it to different decks; maybe my DH will be impressed.  It will be kinda like hiding a duck onboard, but if I get caught, will Celebrity deport me?  Maybe I will just hang it in my own cabin...hmmm.

LOL…

Your cabin attendant will surely be impressed.
You could also tape your photo to a lounge chair by the pool (don’t forget the towel) 😁

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, markeb said:

Don’t know about post-C, but Ritz-Carlton has always been known for recognizing repeat guests. I’m sure there are photos, and maybe facial recognition today, but the few folks I’ve known who frequented the Ritz would always comment on being recognized by name as soon as the arrived. It’s part of their service ethos. Truly high end restaurants do the same thing. 

Until I loose status (most likely) at the end of the year, it’s been pretty common to have the purser on an international flight welcome me onboard.regardless of where I’m sitting. Yeah, the boarding pass has the status, which mostly just lets me board early, but it at least was part of the customer service culture. 

And yes, I assume Celebrity has photos of Zenith and top tier suite guests at key touch points in their processes. And I’ve never known anyone to bring up their CC status. 

Several years ago the staff in what was then Michael’s Club had to memorize the faces and names of all guests, regardless of status, who had access to the venue for each sailing. It was actually a nice touch to be addressed by name when entering.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

keesar-That is priceless! But I have never encountered anyone on our 14 X cruises who referred to their status. 

On our cruise to Alaska last July we saw a couple who were pushing to the front of the time at embarkation yammering about how they're Zenith. Unfortunately, they didn't have the required documents so it took a lot longer for them to check in.

• Haha 2

On our very first cruises we were at guest relations when a very entitled person started a very heated argument with the CC hostess about DYKWIA.  I'm so and so and I expect to dine with the Captain. She politely explained that the decision of who was dining was already made, invitations issued and it was a full table. You guessed it, it was our 25th anniversary and we were invited to dine with the Captain. When so and so saw us he could have been spitting bullets and, of course, we ran into him at every turn. I hope for the sake of Celebrity's staff he made good on his promise to never sail with Celebrity again.

5 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

chair-hog-10-unknown-princess-ship-caribill.jpg

Like this?

That is certainly better than just my photo, along with being so cute too!  No one else is around, so great idea to stay away from Covid onboard.

Edited by Lastdance