Coco Cay Expansion

CEO Jason Liberty shared that they are expanding Coco Cay with a place called Hideaway Beach, which will be an adult-only beach area.  I’ve never been to Coco Cay yet. For those of you who have, where do you think this area will be?  As a solo cruiser with no kids, I like this idea! 

28 minutes ago, BeachDiva101 said:

CEO Jason Liberty shared that they are expanding Coco Cay with a place called Hideaway Beach, which will be an adult-only beach area.  I’ve never been to Coco Cay yet. For those of you who have, where do you think this area will be?  As a solo cruiser with no kids, I like this idea! 

Did they mention if it was going to be included, or an additional fee?  😅

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Did they mention if it was going to be included, or an additional fee?  😅

No, RCCL has not decided yet if it will be free or an additional up charge fee.  Fingers crossed that it is free. 

• Like 2

It's all the way on the other side of the island. There's the water park, then all the behind the scene's buildings, and it's on the other side of that on the end of the island. 

It won't let me upload the photo I took in the Northstar that shows it. But it's all the way to the right if you're walking from the ship to the island. You would only be able to see it from the ship, water park tower, and the balloon ride. It'll be a hike to get there. 

6 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

It won't let me upload the photo I took in the Northstar that shows it. But it's all the way to the right if you're walking from the ship to the island. You would only be able to see it from the ship, water park tower, and the balloon ride. It'll be a hike to get there. 

thank you. 

We were just at Coco Cay last Saturday and yes agree it's towards the right area. 

You won't have to "hike" the trams will serve this area. I'll be surprised if the "beach" will be a pay for area unless they add certain amenities. JMHO

9 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

It is going to be on the other end of the island from the main area.  Guessing for sure you will have to pay for it.  Who knows how much they will charge.  If you have to pay, we will never go.  We enjoy Chill Beach which is free and is a fantastic beach.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

Unless they develop a new beach area, they would be taking away from public beach space for yet-another paid private beach. "Beyond the Pool" is the already developed Coco Beach Club which is an adults only space for $189/day. Just beach and lunch. "Beyond the Pool" is also South Beach which has reopened to passengers, but also remains the crew beach for crew members confined to the ship due to covid. I suppose they could rope that off and charge admission for a beach lounger there.

There is beach space beyond the dormitories, but I assumed it was an employee area. RCCL has over 200 employees who live on the island and rotate on contracts (like ship's contracts) to run the island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Unless they develop a new beach area, they would be taking away from public beach space for yet-another paid private beach. "Beyond the Pool" is the already developed Coco Beach Club which is an adults only space for $189/day. Just beach and lunch. "Beyond the Pool" is also South Beach which has reopened to passengers, but also remains the crew beach for crew members confined to the ship due to covid. I suppose they could rope that off and charge admission for a beach lounger there.

There is beach space beyond the dormitories, but I assumed it was an employee area. RCCL has over 200 employees who live on the island and rotate on contracts (like ship's contracts) to run the island. 

Coco Beach Club is not adults only. M My understanding is that Hideaway Beach is being made at an area that was not previously developed for guests.

20 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Sigh. I much preferred CocoCay when it was just, you know, an island with beaches and tropical nature.

I haven't been to Coco Cay since it became Perfect Day (most likely BECAUSE it became Perfect Day), but I agree with you. The good news is that there are  some private islands that still remain fairly undeveloped, where you can still enjoy unspoiled nature. Half Moon Cay is a slice of heaven, with stretches of secluded beach and no crowds.  

Edited by Tapi

43 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Sigh. I much preferred CocoCay when it was just, you know, an island with beaches and tropical nature.

cococay2007.jpg

Yeah. One trip, we wandered down a dirt service road to the right of the tender dock, and ended up walking through the trees to a secluded beach with NO ONE ON IT.  We spent a glorious hour or two just sitting in the sand with the surf lapping at our legs, and silence except for the birds and the wind.  🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

MSC's Ocean Cay is just perfect as it is now. Hope they never "fix it".

I agree.I thought it had just the right amount of development with plenty of secluded and unspoiled areas. I did notice some construction when we were there in September, and I was told that it will be a new pool complex. Hope they don't spoil this little slice of heaven. 

Edited by Tapi

48 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

i hope pinnacles will have access to hideaway beach

I suspect everyone will have access.     Adults only  and possibly a fee, or adults only and  complementary .  Either way, most Pinnacles will have access because they are adults. So a "yes" (with perhaps a few exceptions)  to your question.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

6 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I love this idea if it ends up being free!

Free?  doubtful.  Why should they  offer it for free.  Have you seen the prices of the beach club and over the water cabanas?   In some instances, the cabana for the day is more than the price of a cruise.  For my  upcoming 8 night Mariner cruise the Beach Club is $233.99 per person and a floating cabana is $3,499.

RCCL has already announced that it will be an adult area.  So obviously it will not be a designated suite beach.   

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, publicpersona said:

cococay2007.jpg

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot…☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2