Coco Cay Expansion

14 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It's all the way on the other side of the island. There's the water park, then all the behind the scene's buildings, and it's on the other side of that on the end of the island. 

It won't let me upload the photo I took in the Northstar that shows it. But it's all the way to the right if you're walking from the ship to the island. You would only be able to see it from the ship, water park tower, and the balloon ride. It'll be a hike to get there. 

I am sure their tram will get you there.     I sure hope it is a free beach.     If not, there are plenty of nice free beach areas (chill island, south beach, etc.)

And here’s a shot from Google earth. There’s definitely more beach undeveloped they can use. I just hope it’s on the opposite side of the island from South Beach because the water is just too shallow on that side. Especially during low tide. Looks like the other side has deeper water. 

DDBA18D8-B183-4735-9C26-983750427A39.png

14 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

And here’s a shot from Google earth. There’s definitely more beach undeveloped they can use. I just hope it’s on the opposite side of the island from South Beach because the water is just too shallow on that side. Especially during low tide. Looks like the other side has deeper water. 

DDBA18D8-B183-4735-9C26-983750427A39.png

The construction is around that lagoon in the top part and beyond it. A bunch of the green on this view is gone now. When I was there there was a barge by the very tip of the island on the left hand side of this pic.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

CEO Jason Liberty shared that they are expanding Coco Cay with a place called Hideaway Beach, which will be an adult-only beach area.  I’ve never been to Coco Cay yet. For those of you who have, where do you think this area will be?  As a solo cruiser with no kids, I like this idea! 

When are you sailing, it doesn't open until sometime in 2023.

12 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

When are you sailing, it doesn't open until sometime in 2023.

I was just so curious about this because the island looked already built out and I did not know there was more room to build more.  I don’t have a cruise yet planned to go there.  I have 8 cruises planned, but none of them go to coco cay.  Thank you to all who replied.  Happy sailing. 🛳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

They built a pier a few years ago so now ships dock there. 

That’s the big problem with other lines like Princess .  Their private island is a tender port and we’ve never been there in 5 cruises (keeps getting cancelled because of weather)

And Carnival’s private ports like Grand Turk and Amber Cove aren’t really that interesting after you’ve been there many times .  We don’t even get off the ship at these port (meh)

1 hour ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Their private island is a tender port and we’ve never been there in 5 cruises (keeps getting cancelled because of weather)

Having a pier is not a guarantee of making the port - RCI cancels sometimes due to weather, even with a pier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Having a pier is not a guarantee of making the port - RCI cancels sometimes due to weather, even with a pier.

We missed one day with rough seas.  It was our last day before docking at Canaveral so the captain just kept going in circles and every few hours we'd be back to see that it was too rough to dock.  Apparently there were still complaints so the last pass was long and slow so we could all get a really good view of the waves crashing over the pier.  

You can see the construction site from almost anywhere on Cocoa Cay for Hideaway Bay. Royal hasn't announced yet if it will be free or not. If there's a charge, I'm sure the top tier, especially the pinnacles will complain that it should be a perk for them. They "earned" it. LOL

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

well i dont think it will be a free area it will at a cost...or free for pinnacle and suite...i hope 

54 minutes ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

i hope its free for pinnacles 

That doesn't make logistical sense.  There are plenty of suite guests and pinnacles that sail with children and grandchildren.  It would not be good business sense to grant a new suite/pinnacle perk that excludes many suite and pinnacle guests. It wouldn't be long before the complaints rolled in "I paid for my suite and all the benefits, so I am bringing my children."

IF they felt inclined to add a new perk, it would be more likely the beach club where children are allowed. But I don't see that happening either.

Aren't they adding a lazy river?  For free access? Me thinks not.

Edited by cured

On 5/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, smplybcause said:

It's all the way on the other side of the island. There's the water park, then all the behind the scene's buildings, and it's on the other side of that on the end of the island. 

It won't let me upload the photo I took in the Northstar that shows it. But it's all the way to the right if you're walking from the ship to the island. You would only be able to see it from the ship, water park tower, and the balloon ride. It'll be a hike to get there. 

the shuttle will stop there.  But as you take the shuttle around, you'll see the area fenced off and views blocked, but obviously some construction going on.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:45 AM, cruisegirl1 said:

For my  upcoming 8 night Mariner cruise the Beach Club is $233.99 per person 

RCI's dynamic pricing policy back in force.  My August 2021 Oasis cruise was 65 pp until they cancelled.  June 2022 Oasis cruise hasn't been under 150 pp yet.

But, as long as the lemmings buy, RCI happily makes the profits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

i think the area will be at a coast.... imjust hoping its free for suite and pinnacles 

There will be a pinnacle club built that will serve melted brie sandwiches on 7 grain baguettes which can be washed down with included Chardonnay.  The only stipulation is that you consume the items with your pinky in the air. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, pinnacle_king2023 said:

but i wonder what is the difference between the private area for cost they already have?

So far, adults only.  That is all we know. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

I don't know what the area will be, or what it won't, except that Royal has announced that it will be adult only.  

To me it seems like competition for the existing Beach Club which might be good for the consumer as the beach club is now over $220 PER PERSON for an upcoming June cruise.    Two "exclusive" areas might bring down the price of both. 

M

38 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

There will be a pinnacle club built that will serve melted brie sandwiches on 7 grain baguettes which can be washed down with included Chardonnay.  The only stipulation is that you consume the items with your pinky in the air. 😂

Sign me up - I like all of those things. 🥖   🍾🧀    I'll have to start practicing that pinky thing .😀

• Haha 2