It is summertime and the kids are back...

Having raised my own (working with the grandson now) I am patient with the little ones on these summer cruises.

Thought I would share a new game that I noticed (at least new to me). 

Two groups of tweens (divided into 10-12 boys and girls) start out on the highest floor where they then shanghi 2 elevators across from each other, 

The boys pile in one, the girls the other. They then punch every button in the elevator and start singing at the top of their lungs. As the doors open at each floor they continue to sing to each other (they are singing the same song). When they reach deck 1 they change elevators and repeat the process on the way up.

Never saw them tying up more than two elevators when doing this (saw it happen several evenings however), apparently this is some kind of "challenge" on social media.

Pretty creative and harmless but it can cause you to jump if waiting for an elevator and not paying attention when the doors open 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

Having raised my own (working with the grandson now) I am patient with the little ones on these summer cruises.

Thought I would share a new game that I noticed (at least new to me). 

Two groups of tweens (divided into 10-12 boys and girls) start out on the highest floor where they then shanghi 2 elevators across from each other, 

The boys pile in one, the girls the other. They then punch every button in the elevator and start singing at the top of their lungs. As the doors open at each floor they continue to sing to each other (they are singing the same song). When they reach deck 1 they change elevators and repeat the process on the way up.

Never saw them tying up more than two elevators when doing this (saw it happen several evenings however), apparently this is some kind of "challenge" on social media.

Pretty creative and harmless but it can cause you to jump if waiting for an elevator and not paying attention when the doors open 🙂 

Note to self. Don't cruise during this time. This doesn't sound cute, funny, creative or harmless for the obvious.

• Like 35

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Note to self. Don't cruise during this time. This doesn't sound cute, funny, creative or harmless for the obvious.

On Harmony couple weeks ago, the kids were always pushing onto the elevators, and even keeping the handicapped pax from being able to get on board.  

Of course they did sometimes use the stairs...just to sit on all the steps like a teenage get together.   

Ugg....last time I will ever cruise end of May or early June....guess I should not have gotten married June 1st.  😉 

(Anniversary cruise).  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, island lady said:

On Harmony couple weeks ago, the kids were always pushing onto the elevators, and even keeping the handicapped pax from being able to get on board.  

Of course they did sometimes use the stairs...just to sit on all the steps like a teenage get together.   

Ugg....last time I will ever cruise end of May or early June....guess I should not have gotten married June 1st.  😉 

(Anniversary cruise).  

Happy anniversary, Pat and Bucky. 🍷🍷 Enjoy your Maine getaway.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

(Anniversary cruise).  

I gave a young man the W T F when he jumped on my elevator and lit all the buttons. His friends shoved him out on the next floor and apologized.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I gave a young man the W T F when he jumped on my elevator and lit all the buttons. His friends shoved him out on the next floor and apologized.

Yeah...free range children.  😞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

As someone whose wife is a teacher and thus ONLY cruises when kids are out of school, maybe I'm just used to it but it really doesn't bother us (generally speaking, obviously those elevator antics would piss me off).

Our opinion has always been that the kids congregate in areas that we don't so it's not that big of a deal. We never go to the main pools, only the Solarium. We don't go on the water slides. We spend time in the DL most evenings before dinner (yes kids are allowed but we don't find many causing trouble there).

Don't get me wrong, if our schedule was more flexible, we would likely sail during other times of the year as well for various reasons (price being a huge one of course). Not here to convince anyone that having tons of kids onboard is something we look forward to, lol, just figured I'd share a slightly different take.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 8

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

(Anniversary cruise).  

Happy Anniversary to you and Bucky!     I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary cruise💐

Enjoy Maine.    Are you bouncing around to various house rentals this summer?

• Like 2

This sounds awesome and amazing and I’m glad they’re doing it.

Those of you posting naysaying comments: I don’t listen to you already and wish CC gave me the option to hide your general opinions here on every post.

You can “get off my lawn” from your okboomer condo just fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

We sailed on Enchantment last week. At boarding, I was horrified to see so many school-age children, and young people in their 20s and 30s.  But....although I saw them around just about all the time, I never saw one unpleasant moment.  Any kid who happened to be on an elevator or other public space with us returned our greetings, spoke actual words, and usually said something like "enjoy your day" as we parted, or stepped aside to let us step out first.  I was astounded and impressed.

In MDR we were seated with two 29-year-old men for the duration.  They were great!  Smart, with wide-ranging interests and knowledge, and excellent social skills.  We were the last ones in the dining room most nights.  My heart is warmed.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We had a group of young men (16-ish?) get on our elevator on the pool deck. One was smoking (this was some years ago) and walked into the elevator with a lit cigarette. All the adults just looked at him but no one said anything, so as we approached the next floor, I said 'there's an ashtray in the lobby'.  He said thank you, stepped out to tip his butt, and got back on.  🙂  His friends were mortified and the next floor, they grabbed him and pulled him off the elevator.  

😅

This wouldn't be so bad if cruise ship elevators actually were reliable. When I'm on deck 3, want to go to deck 9 and I have to wait for the elevator that's going up to deck 12 to return because the 2 others hanging out on deck 5 don't feel like participating, well...

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We sailed on Enchantment last week. At boarding, I was horrified to see so many school-age children, and young people in their 20s and 30s.  But....although I saw them around just about all the time, I never saw one unpleasant moment.  Any kid who happened to be on an elevator or other public space with us returned our greetings, spoke actual words, and usually said something like "enjoy your day" as we parted, or stepped aside to let us step out first.  I was astounded and impressed.

In MDR we were seated with two 29-year-old men for the duration.  They were great!  Smart, with wide-ranging interests and knowledge, and excellent social skills.  We were the last ones in the dining room most nights.  My heart is warmed.

Horrified? Really?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Bucky!     I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary cruise💐

Enjoy Maine.    Are you bouncing around to various house rentals this summer?

We are tame this summer.  Just two homes.  This one...a very eclectic 20s style summer cottage on the ocean for 3 weeks.  Then on to a more modern (with great kitchen) place on a lake near Bucksport for 2 months.  

Ooops...off topic.  😮  

Umm...OK...no screaming kids here.  😄 😄 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Ahahahahaha sounds like a fun game,  I wouldn't be surprised if the Adventure Ocean staff gave them the idea. Kids will be kids will be kids......good thing is there are cruise lines available to book that don't allow them whatsoever. 

Kids will be kids, but then there are unruly brats who's parents didn't know how to parent them. This can be seen on here be a comment or 2. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Kids will be kids, but then there are unruly brats who's parents didn't know how to parent them. This can be seen on here be a comment or 2. 

Royal loves having all kids on board, from the best behaved to the "unruly brats" and that ain't gonna change any time soon. This is just one of the many reasons we choose to cruise Royal. 

These threads are hilarious. I can understand people being annoyed by seeing anyone of any age displaying a lack of manners but I can never understand people being unhappy just to see children onboard. This forum can be like something from the Victorian period.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dada2199cc said:

This sounds awesome and amazing and I’m glad they’re doing it.

Those of you posting naysaying comments: I don’t listen to you already and wish CC gave me the option to hide your general opinions here on every post.

You can “get off my lawn” from your okboomer condo just fine.

Click on your name in the top right where you can see your profile, click on Ignore Users...

image.thumb.png.28bfbaba30f2583a41954fe708f33952.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2