The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 19th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Father's Day, Juneteenth, and National Kissing Day

Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.--Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Meal Suggestion for today - chickpea mushroom burgers
Drink of the Day - Fuzzy Melon Ball
wine of the Day - Monte Antico 2016 Red (Toscana) Tuscany
Destination of the Day - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 06/20

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska eta 06/20

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Stockholm, Sweden eta 06/20

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey, Galataport 16:00

Rotterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands North Holland 07:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0619World.thumb.png.4b00669f1576f3eb748460187202b8c6.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 14

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Back from our Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Equinox, very nice cruise with everything just about perfect, only 2 cases of Covid that we know about based on the Captain's announcement on Friday.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there.

Thanks for The Daily or is it now back to the Fleet Report?

Stay well and have a great day.

• Like 30

Thanks for the Daily Report and the Fleet Report.

A sunny but cool morning.  But it should warm up a bit by this afternoon.

I miss my dad.  I will kiss my sweetie today, several times.🙂  Happy Juneteenth, an important day to celebrate.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal suggestion.  The drink sounds interesting.  I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 31

Thanks for the Daily Report!  It's sunny and windy here. My husband doesn't have any children.  I have 1 daughter and she will try to spend some time with her dad today.  It all depends on whether or not he answers his phone because he won't give anyone his address.  

Edited by 4966and556
spelling mistake
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Happy Father’s Day to all the Dailyite Dads!  Another morning where the marine layer and onshore breeze hide what is coming. Yesterday was brutal. Bindi did not want to do any long walks and neither did I.  

Thank you keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites! Need to hit Aldi for food, but I will be masked as usual and will be sure to wipe anything off that I touch. My fourth COVID test showed negative, so I am pretty sure this is a cold. Jacqui & Joy, thank you for your concern. 

One last set of kitchen cupboards to go through and then the final sorting & packing. I need to call and warn them this donation will be much larger than usual. 😎

54866709-C1A5-4960-B8A4-40C954D60320.jpeg.4b4d6d859b47885ef2b554ba25a1d935.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Monte Antico 2016 Red (Toscana)

Here’s another wine that sounds interesting and comes with a price that makes it easier to try it. And it’s excellent ratings and very reasonable price might make this your House Tuscan red. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $9.33.

Winemaker Notes

A true Tuscan classic! Deep ruby color with garnet reflections and an elegant bouquet of leather, black cherries, licorice and plums; a medium to a full-bodied palate, rich in ripe red fruit, goût de terroir, subtle notes of vanilla and violet that are well-integrated with the soft tannins and silky texture. Firm backbone, perfect integration of acidity and fruit and a well-rounded, gentle finish.

JS90 James Suckling
A medium-bodied red with aromas and flavors of cherries, fresh herbs, citrus zest and red tea. Soft tannins and a fruity finish.
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  Three great days to celebrate.  I love the quote but have not been to Sri Lanka.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Citrus Delight with Amaretto,and Roasted Chicken with Cornbread Stuffing as served on MS Prinsendam May 22, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew with serious mowing accident
StLouisCruisers and DH in Covid jail
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
1Angelcat frustration with medical system and hand issues
Buddy with continuing problems
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
Strength and healing for Kazu

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

All BHB hosting guest
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
aliaschief visit from grand-daughters
Heartgrove DH nephew out of ICU
Welcome home Sharon in AZ
6 days for Crazy for Cats (Zaandam 6/25 to 7/9)
travelingbums (Jewel OTS to 6/20), Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS to 6/24), VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Happy father's Day.

Kissing day sounds good.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers for everyone on the care list and also for Sandi @StLouisCruisersand her husband that they are better and soon out of quarantine.

Graham.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  I hope all the Fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, and Like a Father to me gentlemen (looking at you @grapau27Graham) have a terrific celebration. I’ll be thinking of my Dad today. Such a gem he was. My children’s Father is trying to rest. That’s what we do most of the time. That and eat!  Feeling okay and just willing the time to pass and a negative test to hurry up and get here.    

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report Rich. Thanks to all who contribute here and I wish everyone on the Celebration list cheers and a toast. Prayers for all in need of them especially the Ukrainian people and their allies.  

Have a great day!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

A happy Father’s day to my father and dear husband in heaven and a very Happy Father’s Day to all of you!

7D6EBBFB-EF64-4F17-A145-D7B42724F027.gif.8301827be374eab3b9482349b3a86bb8.gif

Juneteenth is a day I join in celebrating even though I live in Canada. 

20553B68-C9EB-426C-A1DB-AA6A1A3EA63B.png.b4971dff24829f637b9f51f940025598.png

I like today’s quote but will pass on chickpeas thanks 😉

It looks like another icky day out there.  But, I’m going to try to accomplish something today whether it be inside or out.

C600D963-4B02-4049-86B9-879E4D731665.jpeg.9fbfa0815c4a943c2684507e43f5fcea.jpeg

My plans for yesterday fell apart.  Spent a few hours with Jose’s BFF and his wife.  He loved the things I took and said I was acting on Jose’s behalf choosing so well.  

I felt happy at the time but, once I was home I was tired and sad.  A part of grief, I guess.  Not planning on any visits today so hopefully today I will get something done.

8130F709-7038-4409-99E6-16B7301BC1C4.jpeg.00a87a4f4aa3efdec796a7af84f96991.jpeg

@StLouisCruisersrest is good - it will help you both recover.  Hoping you are out of covid jail soon 🤞 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Sunday & Father’s Day everyone !!!

CE8F922B-C15E-4586-9617-083BA829C578.jpeg.92a6827a312c14924e62ca2a482312ec.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy Father's Day!

Nobody to kiss here today. 

I like the quote. I'll pass on the meal.

Welcome back @MISTER 67.

Sharon, @Sharon in AZ, welcome home and thank you for taking us along on your trip. 

Graham, @grapau27, thank you for posting the sermon. 

Ann, @cat shepard, I am very happy to hear that you continue to test negative. Hoping you start feeling better soon.

Wishing each of you a blessed Sunday. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Happy Father's  Day to everyone. We are planning a nice meal for DH .We were going to eat outside but it will be a little too cool later. 

I will happily celebrate  Juneteenth  and National Kissing Day.We have not been to the port. I will probably like the recipe but would have to make something for  the carnivores.

@cat shepard,we have been testing ourselves in the last few days as well.I even went to get the PCR  done at Urgent care but we are all negative.I hope you start to feel better soon. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Fuzzy Melon Ball Cocktail:

1/2 oz of Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz of peach schnapps
5 oz of Orange Juice

Pour the Midori melon liqueur and peach schnapps into a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Fill with orange juice, stir and serve.

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 7.40.14 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Happy Father’s Day, Juneteenth and kissing day!

DH 65th high school reunion in Nashville was nice, lots of nice people, funny stories, good food and wine!  Of a class of about 100, about 18 showed up!  One of the classmates still performs almost nightly with his band!  

• Like 30

39 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I hope all the Fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, and Like a Father to me gentlemen (looking at you @grapau27Graham) have a terrific celebration. I’ll be thinking of my Dad today. Such a gem he was. My children’s Father is trying to rest. That’s what we do most of the time. That and eat!  Feeling okay and just willing the time to pass and a negative test to hurry up and get here.    

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet report Rich. Thanks to all who contribute here and I wish everyone on the Celebration list cheers and a toast. Prayers for all in need of them especially the Ukrainian people and their allies.  

Have a great day!

Sorry to hear you and your DH have Covid, returned from our cruise yesterday only to learn that my sister and her hubby came down with the bug after attending a wedding.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! My father was 45 when I was born and I was 33 when he passed. In those intervening years, daddy taught me many things, spoiled me a little (okay, A LOT!!!), and laughingly went along with it when, in my high school years, people thought that 60+ year old man was my grandpa!

IMG_20220619_074108623.thumb.jpg.abf91e2635bad6294643edea6c076395.jpg

He was a wonderful dad! 

-Melisa

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the daily report, lists and recipes.  Happy Father’s Day all you fathers.  Kissing day sounds fun.  I think I’ll pass on the meal today.  The drink sounds very tasty though.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers to everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone.  

Missing my dad today.  

1372851396_DebandDad1955.jpg.09647f2ce53b91d945addfe37f40761a.jpg

The pool isn't open today so I am doing extra laps around the block.  Tonight I have a Zoom with my fellow Norway travelers.  We are coming from all over for our cruise.  Only 4 weeks!  Am I excited?  

Today's meal is a great one for the vegetarians in the family.  It would be high in carbs though, so I'm sticking with the real deal.  This first one looks pretty good.  https://www.brewinghappiness.com/mushroom-chickpea-veggie-burgers/

797842414_chickpeamushroomburger4.jpg.f0a73c64a70f960fffd64fe1aef143e1.jpg

This one looks decent as well.   https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chickpea-mushroom-burgers1619064156_chickpeamushroomburger3.jpg.39cc66396529868f74894235e59543b2.jpg

The others didn't look so good, so we'll leave it at this.  

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of gun violence, and Daily family members who are struggling with challenges.   Cheers to those celebrating!   Wishing  you all a wonderful day.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 10

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

Thinking of my father today, and wishing all the fathers out there - Happy Father's Day!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I forgot to add “and your Sarah” to my well wishes today to you Graham @grapau27but I figure you knew who I was referring to in my first post. Whenever I would see one of those special Father’s Day cards in a card shop I would think that would be a very special person to step up and love that child like they were their own. Hope you get to see Sarah today!

Twin was telling me about Buddy’s spinal surgery.  Extensive tumors in the spine. Worked from T4 to T-10 placing 16 screws, I don’t know how many rods and placed donor femur bone between some vertebrae. They hope he can go to a rehab place by Monday. Either his wife Amy or one of her two sisters stays there with him at night. He has terrible panic attacks. One sister is an RN at the University of Missouri and the other an X-ray technician at a nearby hospital. Night before last the RN sister noticed the pain pump wasn’t working properly. Buddy actually said something to her, she checked and it had been set wrong so he wasn’t getting his pain killers. She notified the nurses and they admitted someone had done it incorrectly. Once the pain level gets too high they have a terrible time controlling it. Buddy is lucky to have so many willing to help. I hope this surgery will extend his life but also that he will be in less pain eventually.  

Back to being a lazy slug…uh I mean resting!  😴

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I’m going to agree with @dfish and have a real burger instead of the suggestion.  It’s a cool wet morning here.  DH was threatening to turn on the heat last night, that didn’t happen and I slept very well with the cool temperatures.  Yesterday I cleaned the second floor in preparation for the pet sitter to arrive.  Today I’ll work on the first floor.  I also set up my Arrivcan account and got as far as I could.  After I set it up I saw that CC has step by step directions on how to fill it out.  I’ll complete it on Thursday.  

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

image.png.e4812f67ef02959de00361f01ca42d66.png

• Like 28