The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 17th, 2022

richwmn

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for the recipe. I was just walking through Target doing Dad’s errands and getting the groceries we need that they carry,  and the thought struck I should look for a recipe like this ( because I now have the ingredients, and it’s just too hot for heavy traditional shells with marinara.)   And then I decided to just make the Daily’s infamous tomato pie. 

So later this week- veggie shells. (I took note to include a glass of wine😉. Just 1 small glass, as a regular pour takes me out.)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@kazuI just reread his post and realized that Roy has said what I am feeling and has done so far more eloquently that I could have.

I am hoping that Shadow is found soon and I am praying that the grief classes are beneficial to you.

Jane

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

My 50th high school reunion was this past Saturday in NJ. I've been looking at some pictures posted on FB by some attendees. I didn't go as I wasn't ready for socializing in a larger group, assuming no masks on most or all. Now one person has reported that they tested positive today after having symptoms of headache, scratchy throat, fever and body aches. She said the only indoor place she had been without a mask was the reunion. A bit later a 2nd person said they were positive too. I made the right decision. I would have liked to see people, but ...

• Like 20

7 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

As a side note to today's port of Punta Arenas: Has anyone been watching CNN's Patagonia: Life on the Edge of the World? I missed the first few of the six episodes but have been catching up via our cable system's ON DEMAND. Amazing photography and captivating narration. I haven't had the opportunity to travel to Patagonia but this series is taking me there (till I can go in person).

Yes. We have been watching.  And then watching again with our 8 year old DGS. We have been to SA and have recognized a couple of the areas.  We are going again on the GSA in January . As you stated, the photography is amazing!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion is a winner!  I look forward to pictures and recipes from @dfish.  We got a little rain overnight but not nearly enough.  Hopefully we get some more today.

I’ll celebrate national black cat day with Mona.

image.thumb.png.097682072a3465e20f71462186e78aaf.png

oh sooo cute.  Is it a Burmese?   I had one called Moka and he had gold eyes.  great cats and not as loud as siamese

• Like 14

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@ger_77 do take care of yourself and let others help as necessary.  You're "almost daughter" is a real gem.  I hope you're officially negative now.

@kazu there are just no words for what Shadow is going through.  I am really disgusted with the attitude at the rescue, rescue blindness just does not strike me as a viable excuse.  I hope Shadow is soon found and gets either a loving family that can really help her or a graceful crossing of the Rainbow Bridge, whichever is most appropriate.  Do take care of yourself. You can be justly proud that you gave Shadow the best years of her young life.

Roy

Actually, rescue blindness is not as excuse. It is a condition that rescuers should recognize. And it probably accounts for many rescuers dropping out. There is a constant question of when is it too much for the animal and unfortunately they can't tell us.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thank you for the recipe. I was just walking through Target doing Dad’s errands and getting the groceries we need that they carry,  and the thought struck I should look for a recipe like this ( because I now have the ingredients, and it’s just too hot for heavy traditional shells with marinara.)   And then I decided to just make the Daily’s infamous tomato pie. 

So later this week- veggie shells. (I took note to include a glass of wine😉. Just 1 small glass, as a regular pour takes me out.)

I was thinking earlier that the vegetables in garlic sauce would be good as a stand alone dish without the stuffed shells.  In fact, when younger DD fixed them while I made the stuffed shells, she thought they were a side dish.

BTW, sometimes when I have a glass of "cooking" wine, I get to busy to finish it before dinner.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

My 50th high school reunion was this past Saturday in NJ. I've been looking at some pictures posted on FB by some attendees. I didn't go as I wasn't ready for socializing in a larger group, assuming no masks on most or all. Now one person has reported that they tested positive today after having symptoms of headache, scratchy throat, fever and body aches. She said the only indoor place she had been without a mask was the reunion. A bit later a 2nd person said they were positive too. I made the right decision. I would have liked to see people, but ...

Jazzy,  sadly, I think you made the correct decision in this still un ertain time.  I enjoyed my 50th in 2015, and was looking forward to the 55th in 2020,  but it was postponed until 2021, and now, no ones talking about it.  I'm not sure what will happen for our 60th, but I'm pretty sure several of my classmate who will be there are not vaccinated.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

@ger_77 do take care of yourself and let others help as necessary.  You're "almost daughter" is a real gem.  I hope you're officially negative now.

@kazu there are just no words for what Shadow is going through.  I am really disgusted with the attitude at the rescue, rescue blindness just does not strike me as a viable excuse.  I hope Shadow is soon found and gets either a loving family that can really help her or a graceful crossing of the Rainbow Bridge, whichever is most appropriate.  Do take care of yourself. You can be justly proud that you gave Shadow the best years of her young life.

Roy

Roy, you said what I tried to say only better.  The, only other alternative would be for the special needs rescue Jacqui @kazu found in Nova Scotia to take her, but there is probably too much red tape and too many hoops to jump through for that to be a viable option.  We both agree that thanks to Jacqui, Shadow had rhe best days of her short life.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 0106 said:

I took this picture of the sunset over Assawoman Bay in Ocean City last night.  It is the last sunset after 8 pm until May 2, 2023.  57C6FACC-825A-4858-BB05-E70FD7A37434.thumb.jpeg.4b2850c12d650c86fad1ae4a9f203305.jpeg

For everyone suffering in the heat, Fall is on the way.

@kazu You have been in my thoughts. I can’t imagine what you are going through, but I’m rooting  for you every minute of every day.

Wishing everyone peace, love and happiness.

so after chuckling over the name of the bay I can also so it is a pretty photo.

Fall can be humid and hot as well.  I think Late October is when I start to smile knowing a few weeks of lawn mowing and then I will be done

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

2041389067_stuffedpastashells2.thumb.jpg.41df097a3df196172c952ec66c80b44e.jpg

171658108_stuffedpastashells5.jpg.b99fcf2856cc3ed8a95f98b442dabb96.jpg

Hi  I always make sure I check to see what photos you post on food.  Both of the above appeal to me but I have to say the 2nd photo is some major stuffing of a shell.

And yes the weather here in southeastern PA is also nice just wish for a little more rain.

toodles.   Bet you are enjoying your photos from your recent trip

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Greetings to all.

After returning from the supermarket, thick fog has rolled in, it's a cooler day.

A black cat lives at the house in front of us and another friendly one lives next door, he will sometimes  supervise me when I'm gardening.

@kazu am so sorry that you fell, hope you will heal very soon, I feel absolutely horrified that Shadow escaped from the new foster carer, hope that she will be found very soon.  You did your very best for her, as others have said you gave her the best home she has had in her life.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

@grapau27  have read of the sewage affecting so many UK beaches, is the beach you visit one of those affected?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Oceansaway17 Always happy to put a smile on someone’s face!  I know Fall can be warm.  September and October are my favorite months in Ocean City.

Some info about the name of the bay.  When the British arrived at Jamestown, they encountered the Powhatan Indians. The Pequots and Narragansetts lived in New England when settlers arrived. Although these tribes have great differences, they are linked linguistically. All of these tribes speak an Algonkin language. 

Assawoman means “midway fishing stream” in Algonkin.

I see you are from PA; Susquehanna means “muddy river” in Algonkin.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening,

We celebrate "Black" cat day here.  Princess is long haired black cat..........or so we thought.  She showed up as a starving kitten on the back porch in the middle of a snow storm.  We thought she was black for a few days until she decided that we were not scary people and we could pick her up.  We then found a white spot on her chest!  She picked the right house to show up at, we fed her and she stayed!

@kazu I am so sorry to hear about Shadow.  Hope she is located quickly.

Enjoying the port pictures today.  I will try to attach a picture on Princess, I was laughing when I realized what was on the computer screen.  Apparently she felt I was spending too much time on "Cruise Critic"

Denise

IMG-3604.JPG

Edited by CrabbyPatti
upside down picture
  • Like 17

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

+1

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, erewhon said:

Greetings to all.

After returning from the supermarket, thick fog has rolled in, it's a cooler day.

A black cat lives at the house in front of us and another friendly one lives next door, he will sometimes  supervise me when I'm gardening.

@kazu am so sorry that you fell, hope you will heal very soon, I feel absolutely horrified that Shadow escaped from the new foster carer, hope that she will be found very soon.  You did your very best for her, as others have said you gave her the best home she has had in her life.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

@grapau27  have read of the sewage affecting so many UK beaches, is the beach you visit one of those affected?

No.

All the beaches affected were on the English South coast mainly around Devon and Cornwall and also on the South East coast where all the really hot weather was and then they had torrential rain causing flooding on very dry ground unable to absorb all the water.

We live in the far North East of England and we only had a day of very light showers on Tuesday.

It is currently 14°C and cloudy.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh sooo cute.  Is it a Burmese?   I had one called Moka and he had gold eyes.  great cats and not as loud as siamese

I’m not sure.  She’s a rescue and has a very loud purr.  Her meow is very muted, more like a chirp.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

+1

Rescue blindness is not excuse.... it is a condition that experienced rescuers should know to look out for. Obviously they did not. I hope someone thinks, once it stops raining, to put her bed outside where she can possibly smell it. I does work at times.

Susan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 0106 said:

@Oceansaway17 Always happy to put a smile on someone’s face!  I know Fall can be warm.  September and October are my favorite months in Ocean City.

Some info about the name of the bay.  When the British arrived at Jamestown, they encountered the Powhatan Indians. The Pequots and Narragansetts lived in New England when settlers arrived. Although these tribes have great differences, they are linked linguistically. All of these tribes speak an Algonkin language. 

Assawoman means “midway fishing stream” in Algonkin.

I see you are from PA; Susquehanna means “muddy river” in Algonkin.

Thanks for reply. I am near Schullykll river. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, grapau27 said:

No.

All the beaches affected were on the English South coast mainly around Devon and Cornwall and also on the South East coast where all the really hot weather was and then they had torrential rain causing flooding on very dry ground unable to absorb all the water.

We live in the far North East of England and we only had a day of very light showers on Tuesday.

It is currently 14°C and cloudy.

@grapau27  the news item that I read stated that " sewage is affecting beaches in Cornwall, Devon, Sussex,  Essex, Lancashire, Lincolnshire, Northumberland and Cumbria."  and mentioned Whitley.

As you often mention that you live in the North East of England,  I  knew to enquire.

5 hours ago, erewhon said:

@grapau27  the news item that I read stated that " sewage is affecting beaches in Cornwall, Devon, Sussex,  Essex, Lancashire, Lincolnshire, Northumberland and Cumbria."  and mentioned Whitley.

As you often mention that you live in the North East of England,  I  knew to enquire.

@erewhon

Thank you for your concern but we were Definitely not affected in 

South Shields.

Whitburn.

Seaburn,

Roker.

Seaham.

These beaches are within 5-15 miles from our home.

Our local TV news teams are very proactive and would have reported this if we had been affected.

We live South of the River Tyne near Sunderland which is next to the River Wear where our water company gets a lot of its water from.

North of the River Tyne is Newcastle in  Northumberland.  Spittal Berwick is on the Scottish border over 75 miles from us.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220820_080900.jpg

Screenshot_20220820_080933.jpg

Screenshot_20220820_081029.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1