What is the most effective way to get a move up

Caroldoll

Your agent does not help a Move Up, that is on you. Go to the Move Up site (google it) and enter your reservation # and last name and hit enter. Some travel agencies DO NOT participate in this and you may not be eligible. You need to be within 30 days according to X but I have seen cruises allow bids at 60 days as well. Since you are willing to pay anything, just cancel the cruise and book a larger suite.

• Like 2

Are there any suites available for your cruise? When you do a mock booking, is there any suite available?  If it means that much to you, it might be worth just calling your TA and upgrading. Bypass the Move Up system altogether. 

• Like 3

If there is a suite available right now you might as well call Celebrity or your Travel Agent and upgrade to one (why didn't you book it in the first place?).

I wouldn't count on move up if you're desperate for a suite, it's anything but calculable.

None were available. I booked last minute. Hoping someone is cancelling. I have a sky suite but my husband is so large I may have to find somewhere to sleep. Bed too small. I am willing to pay anything for an upgradr

59 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

None were available. I booked last minute. Hoping someone is cancelling. I have a sky suite but my husband is so large I may have to find somewhere to sleep. Bed too small. I am willing to pay anything for an upgradr

Is the sofa in the Sky Suite not a bed? 

What I did was search for the cruise and book mark the page that shows all the cabin type.  

Check once or twice a day.  If one pops up put on hold and have your agent swap. 

The Summit Canadian cruise on 9/30 has been sold out for almost a year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

If you're willing to pay up to anything then surely its easier to just upgrade normally? Speak to your travel agent and upgrade your cabin 

Not only will you be sure to get it, but you will get the additional CC points, and possibly upgraded internet and drink package  depending on what you upgrade from.

• Like 2

Book a different sailing  if that one isn’t one that you really need  to sail on.   There have been times when I have looked to book a cruise and the category I am interested in has no availability and it says to try a different sailing.  

depending on how far out your cruise is some will cancel when final payment is due and occasionally as the cruise date approaches.   Keep checking on line and don’t trust your agent.   If something does open put a hold on it and then contact your agent to make the changes 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The easiest way to get an upgrade is to book the cabin in the category that you want when you book your cruise.

Problem solved - you have selected the cabin and there is no worrying about the cabin you might receive if you go the bidding route.

• Like 3

Hi Carol,  It has been a long time 🙂

I upgraded to the PH on an Asia cruise.  Instead of using the Move-Up,  I kept watching the prices on this suite.. It kept dropping closer to final payment and I just paid what they were asking. However, it all depends on availability and when final payment is due. That is the key.

I hope you two are doing well. xo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I am willing to pay ANYTHING.  I am not sure my agent is making an effort.  What is the very best way to get this accomplished.  I will take any suite above a Sky Suite.  I will pay any money.

Are you before final payment?  At that date there might be some cancellations (for suites and other cabins). Call Celebrity the next day or have your TA do it.  If you are past final payment, still watch for cancellations that might happen due to COVID.  Or see if you can upgrade once on board.  Move Up is not going to work if there is nor general availability of premium suites.

Chances of moving up from a Sky Suite are pretty slim, as all suites are selling out these days.  My husband is also large sized (6'3" and a few lbs on the plus side), and we had absolutely no issue fitting into the bed in the suite.  I don't think the beds in higher level suites are any larger, so I guess I don't get it.  If it ends up being that big of an issue and the sofa doesn't open into a bed (on some ships it does, not sure of Summit), then worst case ask your room steward or host to put up a roll-away at night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Chances of moving up from a Sky Suite are pretty slim, as all suites are selling out these days.  My husband is also large sized (6'3" and a few lbs on the plus side), and we had absolutely no issue fitting into the bed in the suite.  I don't think the beds in higher level suites are any larger, so I guess I don't get it.  If it ends up being that big of an issue and the sofa doesn't open into a bed (on some ships it does, not sure of Summit), then worst case ask your room steward or host to put up a roll-away at night.

Good idea…I had forgotten they have roll-aways…