Captain Club Elite and Plus level current practice .

Midwest Sunseeker

3 hours ago, pinegrovecruiser said:

Anyone have a detailed list of which wines are available on the premium drink package?

We are doing the Holiday cruise on Solstice over Christmas, and trying to decide if the premium package is worth the extra cost.

Thanks.

Where? luminae? blu? Main dining room? Martini bar? oceanview? There isn’t one unified wine list……..

13 hours ago, miched said:

I don’t understand why people think that the only place to meet people was in the elite lounge.  You don’t need to be elite or elite plus to be able to meet passengers. ‘’’   We have meet people in the elite lounge and they became acquaintances during the cruise.  We never stayed in touch even though we reached out to them.   

We made friends from sharing a table in the Spa Cafe.   They were looking for a table and I motioned to them to join us.   They live in another state.  We now visit them and they visit us and we [=constantly text.

We also met people waiting in line to board the ship.  We still keep in touch and have visited them.  

All of the former 2 couples are elite plus but that didn’t have anything to do with us meeting.   Our status didn’t come up until we were off the cruise and discussing our future cruise plans and maybe cruising together.   We have also been able to cruise a few times together and that is how the status came up.  Even though we are elite plus the status doesn’t mean much as the cruise prices are almost pricing us out. 

I don’t ever reveal my status to anyone.  It doesn’t matter.   I find it more amusing to pretend I am a first time cruiser and listen to their helpful tips. 🤗

Example was the first time In the Elite Lounge when it was the only place to get the HH drinks.  A couple sitting next to us asked if we cruised before????? 🙄🤷‍♂️

I said no.  This is our first cruise ever.    🤗.  Couldn’t believe all of the “helpful” hints they gave us.   They were all worthless. But still they meant well 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Clearly you jest. If you were at the Elite event clearly it couldn't have been your first cruise. First on Celebrity perhaps but certainly not first ever. 

On 10/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, lhsail said:

In looking at this list and the Premium beverage list I see nothing that qualifies. 

Your best bet is to let the sommelier know that you have the premium beverage package and let them make wine recommendations for you and see what he or she offers.  I have been given some that were not on any list and were very good. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Your best bet is to let the sommelier know that you have the premium beverage package and let them make wine recommendations for you and see what he or she offers.  I have been given some that were not on any list and were very good. 

I agree, especially while global supply chains are still being rebuilt. 

We were recently B2B2B on the Summit. On the first night, we had the Cellar Master herself making the rounds in Blu. We told her that we wanted to do the Vueve Clicquot Dinner, and asked for a couple of past favorite wines by name. She didn't have any of them, but told us that she had bought $10,000 worth of wine in Reykjavik that day. We were intorduced to several lovely new wines that cruise and in the following ones. She also bought quite a bit of wine in Boston between the 2nd and 3rd cruise, as scheduled supplies had not been delivered. The Cellar Master and our Blu sommelier made sure that we always had something that paired very well with our menu choices.

We were in an Oceanview cabin on the middle cruise, but still got to see the wonderful Blu sommelier, Nandha and Cellar Master Ingrid in the afternoons in Cellar Masters where we drank water and softdrinks while playing games. We did get to do the Veuve Clicquot Dinner on the middle cruise, and it was lovely. 

The best sommeliers truly do appreciate passengers who let them use their skills, and will strive to present wonderful, even unexpected pairings.

13 hours ago, the penguins said:

Clearly you jest. If you were at the Elite event clearly it couldn't have been your first cruise. First on Celebrity perhaps but certainly not first ever. 

I am serious.  I think sometimes people talk without thinking or realize the situation they are in.  

On one cruise when we were waiting to disembark.  A woman sitting next to us said she learned something.  She didn’t  know that she could dine in a specialty restaurant for free on the first night when sailing in AQ.  She went to Blu on the first night and the server asked why she was dining there because  she could dine in a specialty restaurant for free on the first night.   She then proceeded to the restaurant and it only only cost her $30????    How can that be free?   People don’t think before they talk. 

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, miched said:

I am serious.  I think sometimes people talk without thinking or realize the situation they are in.  

On one cruise when we were waiting to disembark.  A woman sitting next to us said she learned something.  She didn’t  know that she could dine in a specialty restaurant for free on the first night when sailing in AQ.  She went to Blu on the first night and the server asked why she was dining there because  she could dine in a specialty restaurant for free on the first night.   She then proceeded to the restaurant and it only only cost her $30????    How can that be free?   People don’t think before they talk. 

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I don't understand this story you recounted. 

On 9/30/2022 at 9:50 AM, kathynorth said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they served canapes in the Sky Lounge from 5-7 to anyone who wanted them? 

As much as I would like to think it would be nice, the reality is that it would be a madhouse. 

Could someone answer this Booked on Equinox 10 nights 1/30 this will give me 30 pts and we will have Elite status.  Considering  staying on for the next cruise  departing 2/9 for 9 nights.  Will we have elite status for 2nd  cruise?  Called Celebrity was on hold for so long unsure if they understood my question  Pleas help  

18 minutes ago, 4Molly said:

Could someone answer this Booked on Equinox 10 nights 1/30 this will give me 30 pts and we will have Elite status.  Considering  staying on for the next cruise  departing 2/9 for 9 nights.  Will we have elite status for 2nd  cruise?  Called Celebrity was on hold for so long unsure if they understood my question  Pleas help  

You will be Elite for the 2nd cruise.  It might require a visit to the Captain's Club host once the 2nd cruise begins.  Suggest waiting till there is no line as they can correct anything then. 

1 hour ago, 4Molly said:

We earned elite on a back to back cruise also - just had to go to customer service and they applied it.

On 9/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, basenji56 said:

I usually go to the breakfast to get the free lattes before going to the dining room for an actual breakfast.  I don't buy the drink package and Elites only have free drinks for two hours in the late afternoon.

Do they do take away coffees ?

2 hours ago, 4Molly said:

30 power up points = 3 captain club points

2 hours ago, 4Molly said:

Thanks

Go speak with the Captains Club Concierge not GS prior to the end of your first leg. That way the CCC can make the change so you get all the elite benefits/perks at the start of the second leg. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Good question.  I have always gotten coffee in porcelain cups, but I bet you could ask for a paper cup.  But not sure.

When the afternoon drinks were only in sky lounge the rules were that you shouldn't can't take anything out of the lounge. The same rules might apply to the breakfast. It costs nothing to ask, you could even bring a take away cup with you from the Al Bacio. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

When the afternoon drinks were only in sky lounge the rules were that you shouldn't can't take anything out of the lounge. The same rules might apply to the breakfast. It costs nothing to ask, you could even bring a take away cup with you from the Al Bacio. 

No elite carryout drinks in the morning from the Tuscan Grille on our recent Summit cruise. 

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

Now that they’re available at most bars I don’t see how they could monitor this. 

26 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Now that they’re available at most bars I don’t see how they could monitor this. 

I stopped in the Tuscan Grille one morning to get a spicy bloody mary. The CC host advised me I wouldn't be able to take the drink out. I told her I would be ordering using my CBP. No problem. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have two questions

DaveKathy what is CBP??

We are also cruising without a Bev package.

When we are given the two hours HH with the free cocktails is the 18 % gratuity added for what it would have costed ? on or do we leave a tip for the bartender separately??

We always like to tip and would like to find our favorite bartender and visit nightly😁🍸🍷